Chris Rock At Bonnaroo (PJ Related)

adam42381adam42381 Kernersville, NC Posts: 2,474
edited February 2008 in The Porch
Chris Rock has been added to the Bonnaroo lineup today. He will get an hour main stage slot (What Stage). I think it would be cool to see his set right before Pearl Jam. I'm pretty excited about this addition and the ones that are still to come. Apparently there are still around 30 bands to be added to put the total around 100 performances over the weekend.
We are proud to announce that legendary comedian Chris Rock will perform at the 2008 Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival.

Rock will do a special one-hour set on the What Stage, Bonnaroo's biggest. The audience for this performance will be one of the largest ever for a comedy show! For more information about Chris Rock, http://bonnaroo.com/news/2008/02/artists/chris-rock.aspx.

More announcements about the lineup will be made in the coming weeks. Check back soon for more information!
http://bonnaroo.com/news/2008/02/14/chris-rock-added.aspx
I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.

Comments

• he's playing friday the 13th

great add by the way...saw him at my school years ago
    looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***
  • cool. have they announced anyone else?
  • adam42381adam42381 Kernersville, NC Posts: 2,474
    MrSmith wrote:
    cool. have they announced anyone else?

He's the only addition thus far. I was hoping for a solid round of band additions before tickets go on sale this Saturday but I don't see that happening at this point. Rumors are swirling about several bands most notably the Mars Volta. I'm really hoping the Black Keys will be added but we'll see...
    He's the only addition thus far. I was hoping for a solid round of band additions before tickets go on sale this Saturday but I don't see that happening at this point. Rumors are swirling about several bands most notably the Mars Volta. I'm really hoping the Black Keys will be added but we'll see...

I have a feeling that ticket sales are gonna be sluggish, so they will probably rush out a few new announcements soon (i hope).
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    Interesting news, but how is it PJ related? Is Ed gonna come out and deliver the "shake a bitch" line? ;)
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • adam42381adam42381 Kernersville, NC Posts: 2,474
    mookie9999 wrote:
    Interesting news, but how is it PJ related? Is Ed gonna come out and deliver the "shake a bitch" line? ;)
    I guess it's not totally PJ related. I was just mentioning I'd enjoy seeing him go on before Pearl Jam to get the crowd loose. Mods can move it if need be...

I'm really hoping for the Black Keys too. They are supporting a new album (coming out in April) so lets hope they are added. Same with Ween, always love Ween live!
  • alex_scalex_sc Posts: 116
    That is great...I think I might actually do the Roo this year.
    Philly 05 ~ Camden I 06 ~ DC 06 ~ Columbia 08 ~ Va. Beach 08 ~ Camden I 08 ~ Atlanta 12 ~ Charlotte 13 ~ Columbia 16
  • Thats a dank fucking addition. The comedy at Roo is going to be sweet (Lil' Jimmy Norton, Zach Galifinakis, and now Chris Rock!).

I'm really hoping for the Black Keys too. They are supporting a new album (coming out in April) so lets hope they are added. Same with Ween, always love Ween live!
    you forgot 2 of the bests! david cross and brian posehn!

and ween is incredible live! depending on what they add i may still be able to convince myself to go... but im definitely holding off on this saturdays sale... im hoping STP somehow gets added... but that would fuck over the "rock on the range" ticket sales since theyre the only decent band there...
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    MrSmith wrote:
    I have a feeling that ticket sales are gonna be sluggish, so they will probably rush out a few new announcements soon (i hope).

seems like many of the festivals are meeting with less then full enthusiasm.

People have been bitching about Coachella Headliners (R Waters, Portishead and Jack Johnson) and Glasto (Jay Z, Kings of Leon, The Verve).

I prefer Coachella, because they always get a few bands to reunite!

There are way too many festivals popping-up, just as there were in the late 90s, which sort of killed-off the traveling Lollapalooza.
  • JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    seems like many of the festivals are meeting with less then full enthusiasm.

People have been bitching about Coachella Headliners (R Waters, Portishead and Jack Johnson) and Glasto (Jay Z, Kings of Leon, The Verve).

I prefer Coachella, because they always get a few bands to reunite!

There are way too many festivals popping-up, just as there were in the late 90s, which sort of killed-off the traveling Lollapalooza.
    wow... i was just saying in another thread how i thought the lineups of most of these festivals that ive seen have been pretty solid... but the headliners for those too are horrible! i mean i like all those acts individually... but as headliners?? i think these festivals are focusing more on getting consistently good acts instead of investing too much in a few big names
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • sgossard3 wrote:
    you forgot 2 of the bests! david cross and brian posehn!

and ween is incredible live! depending on what they add i may still be able to convince myself to go... but im definitely holding off on this saturdays sale... im hoping STP somehow gets added... but that would fuck over the "rock on the range" ticket sales since theyre the only decent band there...

Forgot about Posehn and Cross....that just brightened up my day. Now all they need is Patton Oswalt and Lewis Black (who is amazing live)
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    sgossard3 wrote:
    wow... i was just saying in another thread how i thought the lineups of most of these festivals that ive seen have been pretty solid... but the headliners for those too are horrible! i mean i like all those acts individually... but as headliners?? i think these festivals are focusing more on getting consistently good acts instead of investing too much in a few big names

I agree.....I always watch more of the undercard bands....in all my years of going to Coachella, the only mainstage headliners I truly cared about were NIN, Radiohead and Oasis.

I hope people realize that there is more to a festival then simply waiting around all day for the headliner to perform...there is the golden opportunity to discover a newer band, or develop an appreciation of a band due to their great live show.