Options

board skins...mouse-over preview

dreamncolordreamncolor Posts: 380
edited January 2009 in Technical Stuff and Help
can we please have these choices just like the old place? :mrgreen: please?!

this place is just WAY too *showy* at work, most definitely cut down on the time i can peek in - which for some might be a blessing - but for me, i will miss it! also, the mouse-over preview of thread was BRILLIANT and now i completely miss that! those are the 2 'biggies' thus far anyway......

love all the new choices for actual posting tho, good stuff! 8-)
i'll ride the wave where it takes me
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Good morning! Love your avatar of your kids. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    wolfbear wrote:

haha.
    i have NO idea what my avatar is - b/c i have avatars disabled on viewing the board. when i am on the pj homepage, it never seems to accurately reflect what avatar i had chosen. this morning it still showed chloe dressed as a reindeer, then i changed it to the babies - but couldn't see it - and just a wee bit earlier i changed it to a self-portrait of me and hubby, but fuck if i know what's up there now....b/c for me, i just get the red pj default logo. :?

and i REALLY miss the mouse-over preview.....and i did not initially realize how uck this board skin is, i don't like how it changed color and goes black, etc....very disconcerting....and way too obvious!

we're still missing a lot of niceties from the old place - *sniff* - i guess in time i'll forget about em, but right now..i miss em.....
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    wolfbear wrote:

haha.
    i have NO idea what my avatar is - b/c i have avatars disabled on viewing the board. when i am on the pj homepage, it never seems to accurately reflect what avatar i had chosen. this morning it still showed chloe dressed as a reindeer, then i changed it to the babies - but couldn't see it - and just a wee bit earlier i changed it to a self-portrait of me and hubby, but fuck if i know what's up there now....b/c for me, i just get the red pj default logo. :?

and i REALLY miss the mouse-over preview.....and i did not initially realize how uck this board skin is, i don't like how it changed color and goes black, etc....very disconcerting....and way too obvious!

we're still missing a lot of niceties from the old place - *sniff* - i guess in time i'll forget about em, but right now..i miss em.....
    Well, now it's pond lilies. :mrgreen: I too miss the preview as most all of us do. Hopefully it's something they can make happen in the future. I also miss when opening a link it doesn't open a new tab. I always forget to go back and end up having to find this page again. :roll: I don't mind the skin at all, but I'm at home so it doesn't matter to me. I'm sure changes are coming and that we'll get used to them. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    i agree on both counts, with the skins and preview. the skins is the biggee for me, right now this looks too obvious. good thing my boss is out this morning haha

but yeah, if we can have some skin options that are stealthy, that would be great :D
  • Options
    i agree on both counts, with the skins and preview. the skins is the biggee for me, right now this looks too obvious. good thing my boss is out this morning haha

but yeah, if we can have some skin options that are stealthy, that would be great :D

exactly.
    if i was posting from home, i'd not give a shit...but we most definitely need s 'stealthy skin' for the majority of us who post from work. :D
    the preview function is just a nicety...i also miss a memberlist, never realized how much i used it to find other people, etc.

and wolfbear - i too just saw i now have the lily pads, simply b/c i was gone so long - working! - i got logged out so when i came back on, avatars were visible. i think i was just so frustratd that my avatar didn't seem to change, i kept trying different pics. :P
  • Options
    senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    edited January 2009
    I agree !

I miss the search functions too! unless I'm missing them somehow...you can only search one board at a time...and use only keywords. :?

and quick response box??
    Post edited by sennin on
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    if they made an old message pit theme that would be cool.
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,392
    I miss the mouse-over preview too. It was a time saver. And, it kept me from going into threads with misleading titles more than once!!
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    omg i am so glad you mentioned the part about the screen going black. i thought my screen was going, going gone.

oh and i miss the mouse-over preview, too.
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    stealthy skins? please? :)
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    stealthy skins? please? :)

seriously......please?!
    :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    Stay with me...