join dates - i don't get it?

dreamncolordreamncolor Posts: 380
edited January 2009 in Technical Stuff and Help
what's the deal?

my join date is back from when i first joined the message pit. fair enough. however, i then see some people with MUCH earlier join dates - which i assume is based on when they joined the 10c - so why doesn't my join date reflect the same info? :?: i joined the 10c july 21, 2002.....yes, i remember......and i joined the message pit august 31, 2003. why are some of us reflected on when we joined the other board, and others the 10c? i just don't get the inconsistency.

and don't even get me started on posts #s....i don't know why they bothered transfering them over, period. when the message pit came about, all old post counts from the previous board...gone....a fresh start. that's what we should'e had here! i mean, it is in NO way at all an accurate reflection in any case........so yea........bizarre......
i'll ride the wave where it takes me
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    I was thrown by those join dates too............ :?: :?: :?: :?:
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    I think those that had their accounts linked got the Pit join date (I did), and those that had to log with their 10c only account had their 10c join date, or maybe Synergy or pj.com join date..
  • same here, don' get it. Joined the board in '03, and "re-renewed" my 10C membership in '00. And my join date is my 10C membership date as well.

On a side note, anyone know how/if you can change your username? Or am I stuck with the board-appointed one I have?
  • Pegasus wrote:
    I think those that had their accounts linked got the Pit join date (I did), and those that had to log with their 10c only account had their 10c join date, or maybe Synergy or pj.com join date..

OK, now that sorta makes sense...altho really, still should be one unified system, ie, when you joined the 10c. no biggie of course, but definitely threw me off.

btw - hey there! haven't been able to say hi to you on the pjbbs in a long while! thanks for the new year's text.....much appreciated. as i pay text, i don't.....hahaha......but wish you the same!
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Pegasus wrote:
    I agree, that makes the most sense and that's what happened to me as well, I show my pit join date not 10c. It would be nice to have everyone the same, but I guess it really doesn't matter. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • wolfbear wrote:
    Pegasus wrote:
    I agree, that makes the most sense and that's what happened to me as well, I show my pit join date not 10c. It would be nice to have everyone the same, but I guess it really doesn't matter. :)

well of course, not much does here. ;) hahaha. it's just things i notice....little details. i am sure dunky would say it's all a sysmptom of my padantic nature. :P

i am a little sad so few of my threads seemed to make the trip over. not all my BS threads, but a lot of the art wall threads....quote threads, moody thread, etc.....those kind. i guess that explains tho why my post count changed so dramatically. i mean, even as dreamncolor, i had WAY more posts than was shown even on the old board...then all that i posted as decides2dream....and neither name came over with more than 1k posts. kinda fun to see people who chatted WAY less have way MORE posts here. haha. i almost feel nekkid, 300 odd posts! hahahaha. kinda freeing....... :D
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Pegasus wrote:

OK, now that sorta makes sense...altho really, still should be one unified system, ie, when you joined the 10c. no biggie of course, but definitely threw me off.

btw - hey there! haven't been able to say hi to you on the pjbbs in a long while! thanks for the new year's text.....much appreciated. as i pay text, i don't.....hahaha......but wish you the same!
    who's that? (I'm not good at linking board name with real people :P).
    And I pay my texts too, doesn't stop me ;)

edit: nevermind, I had not read the previous post d2d ;)
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    my join date is the first time i ordered something from the 10club goods department... which was before i joined the old forum... and before I even joined the 10club.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.