Options

VCD to DVD

LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,996
edited December 2007 in Technical Stuff and Help
Does anyone know how to transfer a VCD to a DVD?

Thanks
www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
1998: Birmingham
2000: Charlotte, Tampa
2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
2004: Kissimmee
2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
2010: MSG2
2012: Music Midtown
2014: Memphis
2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
2022: Nashville
2023: Ft. Worth II
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    brain of c wrote:
    yes.

that how you got 16k posts :P
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    I BrisK I wrote:
    that how you got 16k posts :P

don't forget.......go padres.
  • Options
    I BrisK I wrote:
    thanks
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    Does anyone know how to transfer a VCD to a DVD?

Thanks
    You'll fit 6 and a half vcds on a dvd. Check what kind of files are on your vcds, they should be avi/wmv/mpeg or something like that and you just need to copy them off each vcd and copy the whole lot onto a dvd. Well that's what I'd do anyway.
    uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɹ,ǝʍ 'punoɹ ʎɐʍ ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ ןןɐ s,ʇı
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,725
    In the live music trading community .. it's a big no no. Use them only for home use only (like mp3's). Don't make copies of VCD sourced show's, encode it to DVD video .. then pass that around. Just a heads up. ;)
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    In the live music trading community .. it's a big no no. Use them only for home use only (like mp3's). Don't make copies of VCD sourced show's, encode it to DVD video .. then pass that around. Just a heads up. ;)
    Never thought of that, it would be like converting mp3 to flac. How disgusting... *shudder*
    uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɹ,ǝʍ 'punoɹ ʎɐʍ ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ ןןɐ s,ʇı
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    that's true- thanks. My older DVD player in my living room doesn't play VCDs, so I was hoping to transfer a show to DVD.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    does your dvd player play say data files? say divx, avi, mpeg etc.. saved on a data dvdr? cause you can just take the mpeg files .. alot of them .. burn it on your dvdr .. and just watch all those show's on 1 disc (on your dvdplayer .. that well will play it) would recommend getting the lg divx player (play's whatever you throw at it) .. and it's just less then 40 bucks at walmart. that's what i did for my 200+ pearl jam vcd/svcds cdrs i have.
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    does your dvd player play say data files? say divx, avi, mpeg etc.. saved on a data dvdr? cause you can just take the mpeg files .. alot of them .. burn it on your dvdr .. and just watch all those show's on 1 disc (on your dvdplayer .. that well will play it) would recommend getting the lg divx player (play's whatever you throw at it) .. and it's just less then 40 bucks at walmart. that's what i did for my 200+ pearl jam vcd/svcds cdrs i have.
    My newer DVD player is a divx, which is nice. Maybe it's time to upgrade my older player. I got it years ago when DVDs were just starting out for like $200- only a year later the price was cut in half!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    My newer DVD player is a divx, which is nice. Maybe it's time to upgrade my older player. I got it years ago when DVDs were just starting out for like $200- only a year later the price was cut in half!

I remembered the Sega Dreamcast would play all the divx/avi's I would throw at it year's back. Now with Xvid's & updating DivX codecs .. the new player's are kicking ass. But about that VCD thing .. just burn the .mpg files on your data DVD-r .. and just pop that disc in that DVD player (that would play .mpg's) .. should work like a charm. Oh yeah .. just added over 200+ pj vcd/svcd discs on the HD. That show you were looking for, sorry man, don't have it.
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    I remembered the Sega Dreamcast would play all the divx/avi's I would throw at it year's back. Now with Xvid's & updating DivX codecs .. the new player's are kicking ass. But about that VCD thing .. just burn the .mpg files on your data DVD-r .. and just pop that disc in that DVD player (that would play .mpg's) .. should work like a charm. Oh yeah .. just added over 200+ pj vcd/svcd discs on the HD. That show you were looking for, sorry man, don't have it.
    No worries D. Thanks again for looking!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com