Ten Club members- Deep 3 Poster Contest

RubysdadRubysdad Posts: 133
edited January 2008 in The Porch
All entries for the Deep 3 Poster Contest must be postmarked by December 31, 2007 to be eligible for submission.

This contest is for Ten Club members only! You must be an active Ten Club member to participate!

CONTEST 3

Tired of Ames Bros posters ...? Tired of Klausen's posters ...? Well, time to put up or shut up ... let's see if your bite's as big as your bark. Your task should you choose to accept it, make a Pearl Jam poster for the show of your dreams. Pick the venue, pick the city, pick the openers (anywhere from 0-2 openers as support), and pick the date. In order to keep these all uniform, make the poster 11 x 17 inches and no more than 4 colors. You can mail your entry in or email us a jpeg (remember, we all use Macs here, so don't send us something we can't open).

The winner will receive a U2/Pearl Jam Honolulu poster autographed by the band!

Mail to our new address:

Ten Club Poster Contest
PO Box 81429
Seattle, WA 98108-1329

Email jpeg and/or questions to: contest@tenclub.net

Please be aware that UPS and FedEx do not deliver to PO Boxes so you will need to send your package vis USPS.

RULES:

* 11 x 17 inches, 4 colors maximum
* You must include your full name, member number, address, phone number and email address with your entry
* The Ten Club reserves the right to include your name and winning entry in Ten Club promotional material including the next newsletter and/or the pearljam.com website.
* Entries will be considered property of the Ten Club and will not be returned.
* Do not use or send any hazardous or harmful materials with your entry or you will be disqualified and legal action may be taken against you.
* You must be an active Ten Club member to participate.
* All entries must be postmarked by December 31, 2007 to qualify.
* By entering this contest, you acknowledge these rules and agree to abide by them.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Thank you for the info. :)
  • Better dust off the old crayons then!
    Perth 95, Perth 98, Perth 03, Astoria 06, Reading 06, Torino 06, Pistoia 06, Wembley 07

http://iminhiding.blogspot.com
  • KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,086
    Hopefully I can get something together before then and after school is over for the semester.

But I love the idea...... so many of us complain about some (shitty) posters and cry that they should let the fans do them......

so here we go, I hope you guys create a way for us to see the entries not just the winner's poster
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,275
    Thanks for the deadline!!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • I need to think of something to do for Rochester, something simple but also getting my point across that I want PJ HERE.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    Now if I could just actually get Deep magazine to show up in my mailbox.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • I also heard that the 4 colors can only be Blue, Red, Yellow and Purple.
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    Rubysdad wrote:
    Tired of Ames Bros posters ...? Tired of Klausen's posters ...?.

tired of not getting what i pay for...

oops.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Enter as often as you like?
  • jonbond1779jonbond1779 London, UK Posts: 1,486
    Time to get the crayons out - anyone got a cracked version of photoshop??? LOL!!!
    "Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
  • jdub3001jdub3001 Posts: 194
    Thanks for the deadline info!
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    how do we make it 11x17 if we email the design??
  • Scan the 11x17 photo and send it.

Can we just do 8x10....PLLLLEEEEEAAAAASSSSEEEEE!
  • I really hope they actually have a show in honor of the winning poster. All of you artists...make sure it's happening in Chicago with a sweet arse opening band!!!
    Thinking if he can't sleep, how will he ever dream?

6/13/99 ;6/18/03 ;6/21/03 ;10/02/04 ;10/03/04; 9/12/05 ;5/16/06 ;5/17/06 ;5/19/06 ;5/20/06; 6/24/06 ;6/30/06; 8/21/08; 8/22/08
    Scan the 11x17 photo and send it.

Can we just do 8x10....PLLLLEEEEEAAAAASSSSEEEEE!
    Well what if I do the design on my computer? But you are probably right - I may have to draw it up myself, scan it, then edit it on my comp. And yes, 8x10 would be a hell of a lot easier :D
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,505
    emailed mine in last night. hope they got it.
    excited to see everybody's after it's over.

HOMEMADE POSTER THREAD!!!!!!!!!

joke:
    think they'll take note of the venue picks and play there? :)

*~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,505
    how do we make it 11x17 if we email the design??

it can be done.
    that's all i'm saying.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

it can be done.
    that's all i'm saying.
    well that doesnt help :( :( :(
  • Love this idea :D

Thank you 10c!!

I think I will try
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
    I've got my design pretty much down but it is just sketched on a piece of printer paper. Anyone know if someone like Kinko's can convert it to 11x17?
  • I've got my design pretty much down but it is just sketched on a piece of printer paper. Anyone know if someone like Kinko's can convert it to 11x17?

If your drawing is an 8x10, and you convert that to 11x17 it will look distorted...draw it out on an 11x17 inch piece of paper and then photograph it with a high mega pixel digi....
    Just for today...
    If your drawing is an 8x10, and you convert that to 11x17 it will look distorted...draw it out on an 11x17 inch piece of paper and then photograph it with a high mega pixel digi....
    Cool, thanks. I think that I can do that - I have a 12 mega pixel digital camera. I guess right now I just have to convert it from 8x10 to 11x17 and add my colors, then photograph it. Glad I have a while til the deadline.
  • URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,610
    Cool... finally word on a deadline. Now I'd better get to work.

My husband says don't waste my time since they won't pick my design because I won the last contest. But I didn't see any fine print about previous winners being ineligable.. so I'm going for it.

Their was no clarification either about the number of entries per memeber. So I guess the sky is the limit. (Even though I don't think I'll have the time to make more than one (kick ass poster) anyway.
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,970
    i bad at art
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
    LukinFan wrote:
    i bad at art
    lol, im no expert or pro, but i just love coming up with designs. I think mine is pretty good, and coming along well. Just a matter of getting it in the right format. I may just convert it to 11x17, and send it to the 10C instead of emailing a pic of it...
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,392
    Rubysdad wrote:
    Well, time to put up or shut up ...
    Ha! More like put out or get out.
  • ColdieColdie Posts: 18
    interesting.
  • vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    I've got my design pretty much down but it is just sketched on a piece of printer paper. Anyone know if someone like Kinko's can convert it to 11x17?
    Just give it a border :)
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    Coldie wrote:
    interesting.

very. i just said the SAME THING..... ;)
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • eyejackereyejacker Posts: 1,282
    can 11x17 be either portrait or landscape??? makes a big difference if you think about it....
    also and more importantly, with the 4 colors restriction, can we use gradients and transparencies so as to "blend" the 4 colors, or do they have to be 4 solid colours??? on screenprinting, when you use 4 colours you can overprint them to achieve different effects i think.....