hangover

nothingman44nothingman44 Posts: 1,495
edited October 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
anybody else have a hangover today?

i feel like my eyes are going to pop out of my head. i feel like i am going to throw up every 5 minutes. my fantasy football team is getting killed...

i'm just a mess today. luckily i have the day off from work tomorrow. nothing like an extra day for me to lick my wounds.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• hewyhewy Posts: 140
    totally hungover...

...that's what I get for having so much fun :)
  • WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    dude...Propel and a banana.....then more water....

I drank martinis all weekend. I think I'm going to have another one tonight for the game.

No day off for me tomorrow. :(
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    just keep drinking, you'll be fine.
  • SammiSammi Posts: 27
    I had a vicodin hangover yesterday.....
    *~*I wish I was the full moon shining off a Camaro's hood*~*
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    anybody else have a hangover today?

i feel like my eyes are going to pop out of my head. i feel like i am going to throw up every 5 minutes. my fantasy football team is getting killed...

i'm just a mess today. luckily i have the day off from work tomorrow. nothing like an extra day for me to lick my wounds.
    To avoid hangover in the future, if you know you are going to go out drinking that night, start drinking water the morning before, and drink water all day, get yourself really hydrated..go drinking alcohol.. drink a few more glasses of water the morning after and you'll be fine.
  • Gatorade is also always good, or anythign with B vitamins
    *Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0004

Rather than being birthed like a normal child, Chuck Norris instead
    decided to punch his way out of his mother's womb. Shortly thereafter
    he grew a beard.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Gatorade is also always good, or anythign with B vitamins
    Don't the vitamins get digested and absorbed into your system long after your hangover is finished? I thought you had to take vitamins for weeks before you see results..
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    Don't the vitamins get digested and absorbed into your system long after your hangover is finished? I thought you had to take vitamins for weeks before you see results..

Nope.

From my response in another thread...
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=297431&highlight=hangover+cure

A hangover isn't the result of a lack of alcohol in the system. The shitty feeling is a result of the metabolic breakdown of ethanol into an aldehyde. That aldehyde is what causes the shitty feeling.

Everyone has "what has worked for them", but there are myths, urban legend and then there is science.
    As mentioned before, there is no "cure". You can greatly reduce the effects of a hangover buy drinking plenty of water the night before and taking a B-complex tablet. Vitamin B chemically binds to the aldehyde that is created by ethanols metabolism.

When you hear of people going blind because they drink methanol (wood alcohol) it's because the body metabolizes that into the most simple aldehyde (formaldehyde...which also is a carcinogenic agent). When ethanol is "broken down" it retains an additional CH2, whereby making it a more complex aldehyde, and one the body can naturally metabolize (it just takes some time. Vitamin B speeds this up!). It is this aldehyde that makes you feel shitty. In fact, a common treatment for the consumption of methanol is ethanol. It's true. What happens is that the influx of EtOH (ethanol) causes the addition of an extra CH2 to the toxic methanol. You won't go blind, but you will really feel like shit the next day.

Vitamin B-Complex is your friend.