Options

I'm going to Amsterdam this weekend

Comments

• Options
    :) thank you... I'm sooooooooo excited. Heading over to my friends after work (she still hasn't found her passport but is getting an emergency one today) and we've a flight at 7am :eek:

Awesome have a great time Helen. :D
  • Options
    Awesome have a great time Helen. :D
    will dooooooooooooooooooo!

I've people at work telling me where to go :eek: . I was trying to pretend to be all innocent and all til the Portugese woman who's in her 60's started telling me how weed is better for me than cigarettes :D and the safety officer was talking about smoking too :D

Explains a LOT!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    I love Amsterdam, I'm sure you will have a great time ;)
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • Options
    I love Amsterdam, I'm sure you will have a great time ;)
    I'm sure I will :) I was joking that I should order the lightest thing on the menu though... like marlboro lights :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Hahahahahahahahaha :D so the whole passport situation is sorted out. She kept saying that she had her birth cert and her old passport so she could get a new one no problem. So she went to the garda station and it was only when she gave in her 'old passport' that the guard started laughing... it was the valid one that she thought she'd lost :D:D:D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    chinobaezachinobaeza Santiago Posts: 2,489
    Hahahahahahahahaha :D so the whole passport situation is sorted out. She kept saying that she had her birth cert and her old passport so she could get a new one no problem. So she went to the garda station and it was only when she gave in her 'old passport' that the guard started laughing... it was the valid one that she thought she'd lost :D:D:D
    LOL!!! :D....
    have a great time Helen...post some pics when you return!
  • Options
    chinobaeza wrote:
    LOL!!! :D....
    have a great time Helen...post some pics when you return!
    :o ooohh pics... yep I have my camera :)

I may not be in any fit state to TAKE pics though but we'll see :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Hahahahahahahahaha :D so the whole passport situation is sorted out. She kept saying that she had her birth cert and her old passport so she could get a new one no problem. So she went to the garda station and it was only when she gave in her 'old passport' that the guard started laughing... it was the valid one that she thought she'd lost :D:D

who said Irish folk were dumb...

oh wait that was me. :D

perhaps my stalker will now post a photo of me and ridicule it in defence of him being 1/32th Irish now :rolleyes:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Have a great time Helen! I love amsterdam.
  • Options
    Have a great time, Helen and I will keep working on her!!! I think it would be FAB!!!
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    who said Irish folk were dumb...

oh wait that was me. :D

perhaps my stalker will now post a photo of me and ridicule it in defence of him being 1/32th Irish now :rolleyes:
    well she is blonde :o even if it's not natural I reckon the chemicals seep into the brain somehow :o

Shouldn't you now be off looking for a pic of your stalker to ridicule in return? :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Have a great time Helen! I love amsterdam.
    Thanks :) ahhhhhhhhh I'm so hyper, I'm all 'eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee' today :)

Hopefully I'll wear myself out pretty early cos we've to get up at about 3am to head for the airport apparently :eek: . I would say there's no point in sleeping at all but I won't sleep on the plane and I'll just end up a mess by the end of the weekend if I start on that foot.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Thanks :) ahhhhhhhhh I'm so hyper, I'm all 'eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee' today :) .
    Girlie 'eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee'?
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Girlie 'eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee'?
    Yep, with the squeeky voice :D

what other kinda 'eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee' is there?

And ya know when ya keep smiling involuntarily? I've got NO control over my mouth today :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Damn.. the squeeky voice... you sure are excited! ;)
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Damn.. the squeeky voice... you sure are excited! ;)
    :D haha yep, I can be such a kid at times :D

I'm sure I've managed to deafen a few dogs today :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Are you still here?

Remember to take pictures!
  • Options
    Are you still here?

Remember to take pictures!
    :) yep still here! I'm supposed to be working til 6 to make up for not being in tomorrow although I'm hoping my boss will go early so I can make a run for it :o but it's unlikely.

Well hopefully I'll remember to take pics :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    :) yep still here! I'm supposed to be working til 6 to make up for not being in tomorrow although I'm hoping my boss will go early so I can make a run for it :o but it's unlikely.

Well hopefully I'll remember to take pics :D

Your gonna have a great time. :D I can't wait for when you post all about it. hehehe
  • Options
    Your gonna have a great time. :D I can't wait for when you post all about it. hehehe
    :o if I remember anything! :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    OK BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :) I finally get to fuck off... unless my boss catches me... I'm running! Chat to you all on Monday :) and hopefully I come back in a better state than Al did :eek:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    OK BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :) I finally get to fuck off... unless my boss catches me... I'm running! Chat to you all on Monday :) and hopefully I come back in a better state than Al did :eek:

bye. have a good one.
  • Options
    chinobaezachinobaeza Santiago Posts: 2,489
    goooooooooood luuuuuuuuuuuuuuckkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    have a BLAST! :D

i've been amsterdam 2x now. first, time while i was living/studying in london...went over with my GF to celebrate my 19th birthday. :D suffice to say, good times...but yea..didn't *see* much. hahaha.

now, i just returned in june for an extended stay between amsterdam and the hague, GREAT times! neil is indeed a GREAT tourguide! obi once does a damn fine job in the hague....and sure, partake in ALL the local customs, food, drink and smoke. :D mmmmmmmm. fun, fun!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    Go to Stone's Cafe in Damm. We planned to go, but never made it. Please go and have a nice time in the coffeshop :):D
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • Options
    PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    My cousin is at my house from the Netherlands...its been so great seeing him!

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • Options
    Well I survived :) Great weekend... BUT I'm never travelling with anyone again. The couple we went with shoulda just done their own thing... they kept insisting on meeting up with us but they were the kinda couple where you'd be in the middle of a sentence and suddenly she's climbing on top of him :eek: . My friend was trying to be all diplomatic by staying with them. We spent half of the first day either waiting for them (and they wouldn't turn up) or waiting for the free 'every ten minute' shuttle bus to the hotel which only came every hour. My friend pissed me off the whole weekend pretty much by complaining about absolutely EVERYTHING... almost every pub we went to had something wrong with it... too hot, too cold, dead atmosphere, chairs not comfy enough, not enough people, too many people... it was ridiculous.

So Friday, cos we'd promised eachother we weren't gonna leave eachother... I ended up having to go back to the hotel about 3pm cos she was already completely fucked (we smoked half a joint between us :D ). So we stayed in the hotel a few hours and napped. Then went in and met up with Neil and saw Fraser for a few minutes. I have to say the best time I had over the whole weekend was when my friend's feet were too sore to walk any further (we have this problem EVERY night... she really needs to get comfy shoes) so I put her in a taxi back to the hotel and I went off with Neil and met some of his friends. He went back and I stayed with them and had a great laugh and we went off playing pool and stuff. It was a Belgian beer bar and the beer was just fooking GORGEOUS.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    So then Saturday we did a pub crawl along the red light district :o what a fucking place... some of it is just completely WRONG... and having seen the behaviour of most of the lads around there from now on I'm never ever sleeping with anyone ever again until they answer one question 'have you ever been to Amsterdam'? If they have, I'm simply not shagging them :D . Then we went to one of the sex shows. It was weird to see the place mostly full of groups of girls. It was a pretty bad act though... there were even two Irish lads sitting in front of us and they were texting and chatting the whole way through it... even turned around and started chatting us up at one stage :D what a strange place to be chatted up, lol.

Then we met up with the others and went for dinner and that was ANOTHER kinda sex show with that pair... jaysus! I ended up in A&E that night though :o . One second I was fine, then suddenly I wanted water. So I got a pint of water, downed it, got another, downed it and a third and pretty much downed it too and suddenly my head just felt really weird and I just said 'I have to get out of here' and just walked out on them... went back to the hotel and went into the bar, downed another 3 pints of water and thought 'this really can't be good, I have to stop drinking so much water' and went to the toilet and saw I had this really weird rash on my face and neck and then I really started freaking out so I asked at reception for a doctor and they sent me to the hospital and they tested to see if my drink had been spiked or something but there was nothing. By the time they got the results I was feeling much more normal and the rash had gone completely. I must have been allergic to something in the restaurant but it was really really weird.

Then I was annoyed with her for just letting me leave like that... she said she thought I was just pissed off but she's NEVER seen me order water in a bar, never mind 3 pints of it in about 5 minutes, then telling her I feel weird and that I have to get out of there... I never leave a pub at 11pm and she just said 'ok see ya later'. So yesterday morning was pretty tense but then we'd a nice day and did the canal trip and a wee pub crawl. We were sitting in one and I was pretty much falling asleep but there was one across the road that seemed to be calling to me, lol, so I said 'if we stay here we'll be asleep on the table' and she didn't want to leave cos her feet were sore :rolleyes: even though it was about 5 steps... so for once I put my foot down and stood up and said 'right come on' and we went over there and as soon as I went in the door the first notes of 'once' were on... and the next half hour (which was all the time we had) was ALL PJ... so I guess that was a nice end to the trip. I was glad to get home last night though.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    That's what you get for going on holiday without us :rolleyes: :p

Glad you had some good times :) but sorry about the crap bits :( ... and A&E :eek: do you know if you ate anything you've never eaten before? That's scary ... glad you are ok.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    Chime wrote:
    That's what you get for going on holiday without us

Glad you had some good times but sorry about the crap bits :( ... and A&E :eek: do you know if you ate anything you've never eaten before? That's scary ... glad you are ok.
    I know... I'll never go on holiday with non-PJ people ever again :D . I actually would have had a much better time on my OWN and I should have just left them early on. I did ditch them as soon as I got to the airport yesterday and did my own thing and thankfully I didn't have to sit with them on the plane. Even when we got back, they'd to collect luggage (I travel light) so I just walked straight out and got a taxi and didn't see the point of saying goodbye. It was perfectly obvious all day yesterday that they'd been bitching about me for 'getting pissed off and storming out Saturday night' :rolleyes: even though they denied it but I made it obvious I knew and actually kinda found it funny cos they were quite obvious.

I really have no idea what it was Saturday night but it was pretty scary especially since I was on my own. I had my sister on the phone most of the time though so I wasn't too bad. I didn't wanna be one of those people ringing a family member from Amsterdam in tears :D but it was for different reasons though, lol. It says a lot for the couple I was with though that my first thought was that my drink had been spiked (cos it couldn't possibly have been anyone else if it was... which it wasn't, but that's not the point). We had chinese. I'd beef in oyster sauce and I've had that before so it couldn't have been that... they'd a few different things though and I sampled some of them so it HAS to have been some kinda allergy.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life