"American Beauty" Great Film!

acoustic guyacoustic guy Posts: 3,770
edited November 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
Hi I am Ricky Fitts I just moved into the house next door from you.
Oh Hi Ricky, I am Lester Burnem.
Hu, Lester Burnem.
Love it!

Burn'em, get it.
Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
Sweep the Leg Johnny.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    American Beauty was a good movie but it was very predictable. There wasn't any twist and turns.

I honestly thought that "Being John Malkovich" was the best film of 1999 and should have won Best Picture at the Oscars. It was something new and creative. I've never seen anything like that before. Reminds me of Pulp Fiction when I first saw that. Not that the movie was similar but the films were creative and fresh at the time of their release.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Hi I am Ricky Fitts I just moved into the house next door from you.
    Oh Hi Ricky, I am Lester Burnem.
    Hu, Lester Burnem.
    Love it!

Burn'em, get it.

I love that film too! One of my favourites. Good soundtrack too.
  • LongRd. wrote:
    American Beauty was a good movie but it was very predictable. There wasn't any twist and turns.

I honestly thought that "Being John Malkovich" was the best film of 1999 and should have won Best Picture at the Oscars. It was something new and creative. I've never seen anything like that before. Reminds me of Pulp Fiction when I first saw that. Not that the movie was similar but the films were creative and fresh at the time of their release.

B/c of your post I will give that movie another try. When it first came out on Video I saw it but I could not finish it, I thought it was stupid, but that was a long time ago. It was a different movie thats for sure.
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    This movie has been on HBO a lot lately. I watched it again this weekend. I think it's great too. I love Kevin Spackey's Character. Hilarity!
    "I RULE" fist up in the air when he buys that Camaro!!
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,225
    Manager: I don’t think you’d fit in here.
    Lester Burnham: I have fast food experience.
    Manager: Yeah, like 20 years ago!
    Lester Burnham: Well, I’m sure there have been amazing technological advances in the industry, but surely you must have some sort of training program. It seems unfair to presume I won’t be able to learn.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • "Jane, that's like.....almost a mile."
  • edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    intodeep wrote:
    Manager: I don’t think you’d fit in here.
    Lester Burnham: I have fast food experience.
    Manager: Yeah, like 20 years ago!
    Lester Burnham: Well, I’m sure there have been amazing technological advances in the industry, but surely you must have some sort of training program. It seems unfair to presume I won’t be able to learn.

that's where my favorite line comes in - he says something like "i am looking for as little responsibility as possible"

I LOVE that movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.