Options

It's Snowing in Seattle - Yippee!!!

Urban HikerUrban Hiker Posts: 1,312
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
It's not going to last long (according to the weather reports), but it is wonderful to watch it coming down right now. :D
Walking can be a real trip
"We've laid the groundwork. It's like planting the seeds. And next year, it's spring." - Nader
Prepare for tending to your garden, America.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    It's been puking snow since this AM on South East Vancouver Island. I'm about ready to grab my snowshoes....It's been over a year since we've had snow! Wheeeeeeee!
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    We have a few inches on the ground in Pullman, and we are supposed to get more tonight, and tomorrow.... and so on! Gotta love winter on the Eastside of the state.
    "Almost unconsciously he traced with his finger in the dust on the table: 2+2=5" 1984
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Yep, it's beautiful. And, it's supposed to be gone by Monday, so just perfect. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    My pooches have been frolicking outside - they go crazy when it snows! But the cat isn't too happy about it...

I love the snow, but in two weeks we'll be sunning ourselves on the beaches of Maui...
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    It's been puking snow since this AM on South East Vancouver Island. I'm about ready to grab my snowshoes....It's been over a year since we've had snow! Wheeeeeeee!

Wow, enough snow for snowshoes? I am jealous! Have fun out there. :)
    "We've laid the groundwork. It's like planting the seeds. And next year, it's spring." - Nader
  • Options
    Magus wrote:
    We have a few inches on the ground in Pullman, and we are supposed to get more tonight, and tomorrow.... and so on! Gotta love winter on the Eastside of the state.

Ah, winter on the east side of the Cascades = Beautiful!

I got to spend some time in the Okanogans during the winter back in my teens and it was definitely a winter wonderland.

My step-grandfather had a nice piece of property with horses and a barn and it was surrounded by trees - simply serene.
  • Options
    My pooches have been frolicking outside - they go crazy when it snows! But the cat isn't too happy about it...

I love the snow, but in two weeks we'll be sunning ourselves on the beaches of Maui...

I wish I were in Hawaii again this December. Last year was awesome. Watching Pearl Jam one night, spending the next day on the beach. It was a perfect few December days. :)
    wolfbear wrote:
    Yep, it's beautiful. And, it's supposed to be gone by Monday, so just perfect. :)

Honestly, I wish it would stick aound for Monday, 'cause that's my b-day. But, the way the sirens around here kicked in as soon as the snow started falling, it's probably safer to have folks commuting in our typical rain.
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Happy Birthday in advance. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,518
    It's coming down in Vancouver, too.
  • Options
    wolfbear wrote:
    Happy Birthday in advance. :)

Thanks! :D

Here's a couple of photos from when the flakes first started to fall. Our pavement is too wet and warm for much to stick, but I still like watching it come down.

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=2078440033&size=l

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=2079229158&size=l
  • Options
    http://picasaweb.google.com/vedderfan10/DogsDec12007?pli=1

Now the wind has picked up so I imagine the power's gonna go out soon. Such is rural life, I guess....

Hawaii is going to be a HUGE event with my husband's family - there's 14 of us going. Hubby and I have never been to Maui...but surf lessons have been booked! I'm paddle surfing and husby is regular surfing...Might have to practice on all this snow! Grab the snowboard (we live on a steep hill) and kayak paddle!!
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    It snowed first and now freezing rain is falling here in Milwaukee.
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    Wow, enough snow for snowshoes? I am jealous! Have fun out there. :)
    Snowshoes!!!!!!!!!! I love snowshoeing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am not a skier. :o
    I love to showshoe though. :)
    It flurried in CT today. So pretty.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,072
    it was cold today walking in queens, much colder than i thought.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    http://picasaweb.google.com/vedderfan10/DogsDec12007?pli=1

Now the wind has picked up so I imagine the power's gonna go out soon. Such is rural life, I guess....

Hawaii is going to be a HUGE event with my husband's family - there's 14 of us going. Hubby and I have never been to Maui...but surf lessons have been booked! I'm paddle surfing and husby is regular surfing...Might have to practice on all this snow! Grab the snowboard (we live on a steep hill) and kayak paddle!!

Look at all of that space for frolicking! :eek: My pups would love that, but they're city dogs, so all they get is a balcony and trips to the dog park.

Did you see the article on paddle surfing in the times this week? It's something I'd like to try around here sometime. http://archives.seattletimes.nwsource.com/cgi-bin/texis.cgi/web/vortex/display?slug=nwwpaddlers290&date=20071129&query=sup+surfing
    Hope you have a fantastic time out there Eddie and Laird style. :p
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:
    Snowshoes!!!!!!!!!! I love snowshoeing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am not a skier. :o
    I love to showshoe though. :)
    It flurried in CT today. So pretty.

I just did a little slushshoeing. :p
    Wisely, I chose to wear my shoes with the least traction to make the most of the experience. ;) The whole way back from the store I had to chant to myself, "Don't drop the beer, do NOT drop the beer." :D

Snow in downtown Seattle does not last nearly long enough.
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    I just did a little slushshoeing. :p
    Wisely, I chose to wear my shoes with the least traction to make the most of the experience. ;) The whole way back from the store I had to chant to myself, "Don't drop the beer, do NOT drop the beer." :D

Snow in downtown Seattle does not last nearly long enough.
    lol!
    I love that you snowshoed for beer!! I did that last winter! lol
    Awesome.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    Look at all of that space for frolicking! :eek: My pups would love that, but they're city dogs, so all they get is a balcony and trips to the dog park.

Did you see the article on paddle surfing in the times this week? It's something I'd like to try around here sometime. http://archives.seattletimes.nwsource.com/cgi-bin/texis.cgi/web/vortex/display?slug=nwwpaddlers290&date=20071129&query=sup+surfing
    Hope you have a fantastic time out there Eddie and Laird style. :p

Oh my gosh! I just read that article and I am so HYPED! I might even buy me a board and have it shipped home! Wow! I live about a block from the ocean and I am SOOO out of shape (I can barely fit into my kayak)....this looks right up my alley! Thanks so much for that link - you may have just changed my life!
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    Went to North Bend and got a Christmas tree with Jam's and the kids....then we went to Snoqualmie and played in the snow for a while.

:)
  • Options
    I'm still so tempted to ride my kayak down the steep road by my house! But there's so many cars in the ditch, I'll have no room to bail! But I will go for a snowshoe in the AM!

Playing in the snow is just heaps of fun!! Glad to hear of other folks having fun in the white stuff! Tee hee!!
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    you are all very lucky people.

London doesnt seem to get cold enough for snow. At the moment its sunny! or pissing it down and gales. kinda keeps you on your toes!

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!
  • Options
    never seen snow

so glad summer's here

:p
    wah
  • Options
    sennin wrote:
    Went to North Bend and got a Christmas tree with Jam's and the kids....then we went to Snoqualmie and played in the snow for a while.

:)

Man, I want a Christmas tree! I wonder if they let people carry trees on metro busses. Hmmm. :rolleyes:

Snow is all gone today. :(
    We're back to icy cold rain with lots of wind. Fun stuff.
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    It snowed out here on the coast Saturday.
    But it didn't amount to much but a light dusting.
    Huge ass flakes too.
    Their is a hummingbird village out behind my house.
    These birds are nuts man, they were insane yesterday.
    Snow comin down, wind blowin pritty strong, little hummers
    all over the feeders.
    The most at any given time I've seen in the back-yard.
    At least 15-20 fighting over the 2 feeders that are out there for them.
    So it was way cool watchin it snow around these hummingbirds.

Of course the snows melted away, it's been raining like nobody's business today.
    Hummingbirds still @ it but not like yesterday.
    Crazy fuckers.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce