some tenclub humour?

Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
edited November 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
Sorry, I just have to post this here... some of you MAY know about my issues with... eh... lack of geographical knowledge regarding Ireland NOT being in the UK, Britain or even England for that matter :o

So since I still haven't received the immagine in cornice dvd, I just sent an email wondering if there was any problem... cos the other Dublin jammers seem to have got theirs weeks ago :o and we usually all get stuff within a day or two. Anyway, I got this reply:

"Hi,
Deliveries to the UK have been delayed due to the UK postal strike"

:D:D It's like replying to my question re. dublin deliveries that there is a postal strike in Australia so deliveries to Australia are delayed. I was in stitches after I read that.
The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
Verona??? it's all surmountable
Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
Wembley? We all believe!
Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
Chicago 07? And love
What a different life
Had I not found this love with you
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Sorry, I just have to post this here... some of you MAY know about my issues with... eh... lack of geographical knowledge regarding Ireland NOT being in the UK, Britain or even England for that matter :o

So since I still haven't received the immagine in cornice dvd, I just sent an email wondering if there was any problem... cos the other Dublin jammers seem to have got theirs weeks ago :o and we usually all get stuff within a day or two. Anyway, I got this reply:

"Hi,

:D:D It's like replying to my question re. dublin deliveries that there is a postal strike in Australia so deliveries to Australia are delayed. I was in stitches after I read that.
    they haven't learned anything since the Dublin bootleg mess last year (they also tried to use a UK bank holiday, which is only 1 day anyway, as an excuse for taking nearly 2 weeks to release it :grr: )

and anyway, the UK backlog has been cleared..
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646

"Hi,

that is both funny and embarrassing...

americans dont know their arse from their elbow... ;) now i have to go!!! i cant sit around on my elbows all day.. i have stuff to do
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Sorry, I just have to post this here... some of you MAY know about my issues with... eh... lack of geographical knowledge regarding Ireland NOT being in the UK, Britain or even England for that matter :o

"Hi,

So why ARE you still waiting? Have you replied back to them? Telling them that's a poor excuse?

I've got mine and I'm not a member of the Ten club. :cool:
  • So why ARE you still waiting? Have you replied back to them? Telling them that's a poor excuse?

I've got mine and I'm not a member of the Ten club. :cool:
    I DID reply telling them that Ireland's not in the UK and An Post is MUCH better than royal mail ;) but thanks anyway for their reply (it's still not the 8 weeks... and only after 90 days do I get a refund or another one sent out so there's still not officially a problem I guess)

dunk, yep, funny AND embarrassing :D although I wonder if they were just taking the piss... SURELY they were.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    dunkman wrote:
    that is both funny and embarrassing...

americans dont know their arse from their elbow... ;) now i have to go!!! i cant sit around on my elbows all day.. i have stuff to do
    Blackadder!!!!
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Hells you're not alone, I still haven't got the dvd yet :mad:
    I need a coffee!
  • Irish Al wrote:
    Hells you're not alone, I still haven't got the dvd yet :mad:
    ahhhh... I didn't know you didn't get it yet. Neil and Jenny have theirs weeks ago :eek:

There must another UK postal strike or something :o :( or maybe it's something to do with the French transport strike? :cool: who knows? Any kinda strike goin on in India I should know about?

We're having a bus strike in Dublin at the mo but they don't normally get delivered by bus.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    stupid irish people ordering it from stupid 10club.. ;)

wait till helen does eventually get it and then she's like "oh its says region 1 and NTSC only?... what the fuck does that mean?" and then we'll all tell her she can watch it on her computer anyway and she'll be saying "ah but i only have a PC at work and it has no speakers"

oh how we'll laugh :D
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • dunkman wrote:
    stupid irish people ordering it from stupid 10club.. ; )

wait till helen does eventually get it and then she's like "oh its says region 1 and NTSC only?... what the fuck does that mean?" and then we'll all tell her she can watch it on her computer anyway and she'll be saying "ah but i only have a PC at work and it has no speakers"

oh how we'll laugh : D
    :mad: Let's see how well you can laugh with the dvd shoved up yer arse! :mad:

:p Oh how I'LL laugh then :) but probably kinda an insane hysterical laugh rather than 'that's really funny' :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    dunkman wrote:

"oh its says region 1 and NTSC only?... what the fuck does that mean?" :D

He's not lying, hope ya have a multi region player :D
    I need a coffee!
  • dunkman wrote:

oh how we'll laugh :D

Yes but sometimes your pc won't play it either unless you switch over the regional setting.
  • Irish Al wrote:
    He's not lying, hope ya have a multi region player : D
    I THINK it might be :o:confused::D

Ah fuck it, I'm gonna fucking buy it this evening :mad: which means it will be waiting for me at home... :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    :mad: Let's see how well you can laugh with the dvd shoved up yer arse! :mad:

it has more chance of playing up my arse than it does on your region 2 PAL dvd player thats for sure :D
  • Yes but sometimes your pc won't play it either unless you switch over the regional setting.
    hey, there's absolutely no need for that kinda fancy talk in here... got it? :p
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • dunkman wrote:
    it has more chance of playing up my arse than it does on your region 2 PAL dvd player thats for sure :D
    we'll see :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    I ordered one of the new hoodies, and in an e-mail from 10c, they said to take into account the fact that it's the holidays, AND....weather conditions! :confused:

I think someone at 10c sits there making up the stupidest excuses for international delivery times. :p
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • hey, there's absolutely no need for that kinda fancy talk in here... got it? :p

Sorry Helen. :o

:D
  • audiodave wrote:
    I ordered one of the new hoodies, and in an e-mail from 10c, they said to take into account the fact that it's the holidays, AND....weather conditions! :confused:

I think someone at 10c sits there making up the stupidest excuses for international delivery times. :p
    I want that job :) I reckon I'm more than qualified too :)

MCKB... no problem, just keep that kinda talk for the ehhhhh... well somewhere else :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • well no wonder you haven't got it, they sent it to the uk!
    Yes but sometimes your pc won't play it either unless you switch over the regional setting.

never disagree with me again
  • dunkman wrote:
    never disagree with me again

:D
  • well no wonder you haven't got it, they sent it to the uk!
    :D Actuallly that would have been an excellent reply to the email:

You fucking morons... you sent it to the wrong country! :eek:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    :D Actuallly that would have been an excellent reply to the email:

You fucking morons... you sent it to the wrong country! :eek:

Do it :D
    I need a coffee!
  • Irish Al wrote:
    Do it :D
    :o too late... I already replied to them calmly explaining that I'm not in the UK and we don't use royal mail... they never replied :o I almost feel bad cos it WAS a quick reply from them trying to be helpful and all... but it's not my fault they don't know the difference. But I suppose I can't generalise, I'm sure the rest of them all know Ireland's not in the UK
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578

"Hi,

Yikes! People really don't know the difference? Maybe 10c didn't know what to say? But that is strange.

Well, that's too bad it never arrived. And now you had to buy a new one? I hope you can get refunded through the 10c. Oh well, it is a great dvd anyway. Enjoy! :D
  • Yikes! People really don't know the difference? Maybe 10c didn't know what to say? But that is strange.

Well, that's too bad it never arrived. And now you had to buy a new one? I hope you can get refunded through the 10c. Oh well, it is a great dvd anyway. Enjoy! : D
    I had a thread about it before... I think there are 10 times more people who think Ireland's in the UK than those who know the truth :(

Nah, I don't HAVE to buy a new one... cos technically it's still not late but fuck it. I don't think I can wait much longer and chances are I won't be able to watch the one they send me anyway :D . I did get to see it in Oslo anyway :) twice... although technically the first time doesn't count cos I don't actually remember it :eek:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    I had a thread about it before... I think there are 10 times more people who think Ireland's in the UK than those who know the truth :(

Nah, I don't HAVE to buy a new one... cos technically it's still not late but fuck it. I don't think I can wait much longer and chances are I won't be able to watch the one they send me anyway :D . I did get to see it in Oslo anyway :) twice... although technically the first time doesn't count cos I don't actually remember it :eek:

Get a new one and when you get the 10c copy (assuming it is within 30 days) return it at the store you got the other one.
  • :o too late... I already replied to them calmly explaining that I'm not in the UK and we don't use royal mail... they never replied :o I almost feel bad cos it WAS a quick reply from them trying to be helpful and all... but it's not my fault they don't know the difference. But I suppose I can't generalise, I'm sure the rest of them all know Ireland's not in the UK

hmm well, in the 10c's defense, the person who replied to you probably does indeed know the difference, but was probably just in that mindset, maybe they had gotten a bunch of complaints from the UK and was just used to writing the explanation over and over. I've made that kind of mistake before when you're just not thinking straight.
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,769
    well explain this then, from Wikipedia??

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (commonly known as the United Kingdom, the U.K., or Britain)[7] is a country[8][9] to the north-west of mainland Europe. It comprises the island of Great Britain, the north-east part of the island of Ireland and many small islands. Northern Ireland is the only part of the UK with a land border, sharing it with the Republic of Ireland.[10][11][12] Apart from this land border, the UK is surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean, the North Sea, the English Channel and the Irish Sea. The largest island, Great Britain, is linked to France by the Channel Tunnel.

sounds to me like the rest of the world thinks you're part of the UK
  • well explain this then, from Wikipedia??

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (commonly known as the United Kingdom, the U.K., or Britain)[7] is a country[8][9] to the north-west of mainland Europe. It comprises the island of Great Britain, the north-east part of the island of Ireland and many small islands. Northern Ireland is the only part of the UK with a land border, sharing it with the Republic of Ireland.[10][11][12] Apart from this land border, the UK is surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean, the North Sea, the English Channel and the Irish Sea. The largest island, Great Britain, is linked to France by the Channel Tunnel.

sounds to me like the rest of the world thinks you're part of the UK

She not from the UK! She's from Dublin! - I think. (Not part of the UK). NORTHERN IRELAND is part of the U.K. :)
This discussion has been closed.