** The All Things Christmas Thread **

Sian-of-the-deadSian-of-the-dead Posts: 8,963
edited December 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
What are you all doing?
Is anyone as organised as me and completely finished shopping yet? (;))
Do you love it?
Do you hate it?
When does panic buying set in?
Who's got their tree up?
Who opens a present on Christmas eve?
Turkey, beef or goose?

Discuss...
Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    What are you all doing?

Going to family on both xmas day and boxing day :)

yep!!! :):)

Do you love it?

Yep!!!

Do you hate it?

Nope!!!

It doesnt!

Who's got their tree up?

this Saturday coming

I'll open up my secret santa one maybe :D

Turkey, beef or goose?

Beef, rib roast

Discuss...
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • dunkman wrote:
    What are you all doing?

Going to family on both xmas day and boxing day :)

yep!!! : ) : )

Do you love it?

Yep!!!

Do you hate it?

Nope!!!

It doesnt!

Who's got their tree up?

this Saturday coming

I'll open up my secret santa one maybe :D

Turkey, beef or goose?

Beef, rib roast

Discuss...

We have beef wellington for dinner :cool: We're at my family's on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day (it's my mum's 60th on Christmas day) then Dave's family on Boxing day and the day after.
    My shopping's all done, I frickin' love Christmas so much so I'll probably do some panic buying just so I don't feel left out in the final days running up to it...

I'm so excited about it this year, it's unreal!! :D
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    1 - What are you all doing?
    2 - Is anyone as organised as me and completely finished shopping yet? (;))
    3 - Do you love it?
    4 - Do you hate it?
    5 - When does panic buying set in?
    6 - Who's got their tree up?
    7 - Who opens a present on Christmas eve?
    8 - Turkey, beef or goose?
    1 - Her parents' this year, but will make the trip to my parents' place shortly after.

2 - Darn close. Mentally finished a while ago ;)

3 - Yep.

4 - Nope.

5 - Anger, and on the drive home.

6 - No tree at my house, parents can deal with it!

7 - Used to, not anymore.

8 - Turkey and it's glorious stuffin'.

Thanks to MrMerkinball for reminding me - A Christmas Story, Christmas Vacation, and maybe Gremlins & the Grinch ;)
  • I am very pumped for this year....I love Christmas, and have all of my life. Now that I have kids - it is so much more fun

Here is my calendar over the next month:

Dec 13 - Neighborhood Family Party
    About 20 couples, 40 kids gather for a Turkey Dinner, drinks and fun. Santa always stops by with presents for the little ones.
    I am not hosting this year....which is great

Dec 20 - Taking my daughters downtown to see the lights, and then to the Nutcracker Ballet

Dec 21 - My Family (20 or so adults) converges on my house for a Turkey Dinner, Presents, Football etc. The kids then watch a Christmas movie while the adults play cards

Dec 24 - My Wife's family comes over for a Turkey Dinner and stays over night

Dec 25 - I cook a huge breakfast and more family comes....
    In the afternoon - everyone leaves and it is just my wife and kids. My wife and I put together the toys and play with the kids.

Dec 26 - Sleep and play all day.

Dec 27-31
    I am taking the family to a Resort for skating ad taboganning.
  • I'm waiting for Tim to get here to put up the tree and decorate. We didn't get a chance to do that last year because I didn't land in oz till Christmas Eve, so I'm really looking forward to it. We're going to go Christmas shopping together, hopefully next week - another thing we didn't get to do together last year. We're going to my parent's house on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Going out to dinner for my birthday the next night. New Year's we'll go out to dinner with my family and then into Philly to drink and see the fireworks. We'll probably open our stockings on Christmas Eve. I can't wait! I love this tme of year and it's so much better having him here!
    There's a light when my baby's in my arms :)
  • I am very pumped for this year....I love Christmas, and have all of my life. Now that I have kids - it is so much more fun

Here is my calendar over the next month:

Dec 13 - Neighborhood Family Party
    About 20 couples, 40 kids gather for a Turkey Dinner, drinks and fun. Santa always stops by with presents for the little ones.
    I am not hosting this year....which is great

Dec 20 - Taking my daughters downtown to see the lights, and then to the Nutcracker Ballet

Dec 21 - My Family (20 or so adults) converges on my house for a Turkey Dinner, Presents, Football etc. The kids then watch a Christmas movie while the adults play cards

Dec 24 - My Wife's family comes over for a Turkey Dinner and stays over night

Dec 25 - I cook a huge breakfast and more family comes....
    In the afternoon - everyone leaves and it is just my wife and kids. My wife and I put together the toys and play with the kids.

Dec 26 - Sleep and play all day.

Dec 27-31
    I am taking the family to a Resort for skating ad taboganning.

That is one kick ass Christmas!! :D

• I'm waiting for Tim to get here to put up the tree and decorate. We didn't get a chance to do that last year because I didn't land in oz till Christmas Eve, so I'm really looking forward to it. We're going to go Christmas shopping together, hopefully next week - another thing we didn't get to do together last year. We're going to my parent's house on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Going out to dinner for my birthday the next night. New Year's we'll go out to dinner with my family and then into Philly to drink and see the fireworks. We'll probably open our stockings on Christmas Eve. I can't wait! I love this tme of year and it's so much better having him here!

I'm so happy that you'll both be together for the majority of the month! half the fun is the build up! :D
    I hope you've done your shopping for Tim already, you won't get chance once he's over, with any luck you won't be apart for a second! ;)

Me and Dave don't have our own place (hopefully next year :)) so we'll be seeing family and friends alot. I'm just so excited to spend Christmas with him this year instead of just admiring him from a far and sending him a card :o
    I've got pretty much everyone's presents (I had everyone's presents until I realised that my brothers BOTH had what I'd got them :rolleyes: ) so apart from a couple of bottles of wine, I don't have to get anything else.

• I'm so happy that you'll both be together for the majority of the month! half the fun is the build up! : D
    I hope you've done your shopping for Tim already, you won't get chance once he's over, with any luck you won't be apart for a second! ; )

Me and Dave don't have our own place (hopefully next year :)) so we'll be seeing family and friends alot. I'm just so excited to spend Christmas with him this year instead of just admiring him from a far and sending him a card :o
    I've got pretty much everyone's presents (I had everyone's presents until I realised that my brothers BOTH had what I'd got them :rolleyes: ) so apart from a couple of bottles of wine, I don't have to get anything else.
    I've already got most of his gifts : D Most of our shopping will be for our families, but I want to also go with him and see if he finds anything else he likes that I can "surprise him with." I love the build up! I agree - that is a big part of the fun. Last year I barely made it there in time for Christmas Eve (damn flight delays!) :mad: so this year I'm glad we'll have more time together.

That's awesome that you'll get to spend Christmas together though :) So much better than doing it from afar. Enjoy every second of it!
    There's a light when my baby's in my arms :)
  • urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    What are you all doing? Christmas at home with the kids and my love :D
    Is anyone as organised as me and completely finished shopping yet? (;)) Nearly
    Do you love it? Usually
    Do you hate it? I have done on occasion
    When does panic buying set in? Never
    Who's got their tree up? Dad's birthday 11th December.
    Who opens a present on Christmas eve? Maybe this year. Depends how big my stocking is ;)
    Turkey, beef or goose A bird of some kind. Haven't decided
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    What are you all doing? the whole family numbering 20 will gather at my parents house on the 13th to celebrate and do our gift exchange....we're doing it early because everybody will be elsewhere on christmas :o

Is anyone as organised as me and completely finished shopping yet? (;)) no...you're a nerd :p

Do you love it? eh...

Do you hate it? don't hate anything but i can take it or leave it

When does panic buying set in? why panic? :eek:

Who's got their tree up? no tree....i live alone...screw decorating :p

Who opens a present on Christmas eve? when we we're kids, my grandma would always give us one present to open and it was always pajamas

Turkey, beef or goose? lamb shanks for our family party and probably prime rib on christmas
  • iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    What are you all doing?
    Going to see my parents, don't have to buy too many presents this year cause we all decided to do a Buy Nothing Christmas.

Is anyone as organised as me and completely finished shopping yet?
    Yeah, right! I usually don't even start until mid-December.

Do you love it?
    Yeah, unless there's a ton of family drama.

Do you hate it?
    See above.

If I forgot someone and have to go at the last minute (I hate shopping on weekends in December; I only go if I have no other choice).

Who's got their tree up?
    Just put mine up yesterday, still have to decorate it.

I usually don't.

Turkey, beef or goose?
    None, I'm vegetarian. Pizza or veggie lasagna. :D
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    What are you all doing? Will be just me and the parentals. Will probably end up out with friends as well.

Is anyone as organised as me and completely finished shopping yet? Yep all done and wrapped and last overseas parcel was posted at the weekend.

Do you love it? take it or leave it

Do you hate it? nah

When does panic buying set in? never

Who's got their tree up? I'm not responsible for tree putting up :p

Who opens a present on Christmas eve? Nope ... Santa hasn't been then :rolleyes:

Turkey, beef or goose? none I'm vegetarian
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • What are you all doing?

I'm at Sarah's for Christmas and new year :)

I've just got two to get... done my immediate family though.

Do you love it?

I love Christmas, yes..

Do you hate it?

I don't hate Christmas, no..

I've been in a constant state of panic all through it.. For example, wtf do you buy a 16 year old sister? The mum and dad who have everything? (They have me as a son FFS!) Hopefully they like what I've chosen.

My biggest panic is the new state of my bank account.

Who's got their tree up?

Don't know if Sarah's got hers up yet but if not... wait til I get there! :D

Nope. My own family tradition is to wait until after lunch on Christmas day to open anything... Not this year :D

Turkey, beef or goose?

A bird within a bird within a bird within a bird.....

Andean Condor, Golden Eagle, Vulture, Goose, Turkey, Pheasant, Chicken, Pidgeon, Partridge, Quail, Robin, Wren, Chaffinch, Humming Bird, Bumble Bee, Horsefly.

I might leave out the last two. I'm told they're not even birds.

Discuss...[/quote]
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    I am going to Sian's for Beef Wellington. :cool:
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    cutback wrote:
    What are you all doing? the whole family numbering 20 will gather at my parents house on the 13th to celebrate and do our gift exchange....we're doing it early because everybody will be elsewhere on christmas :o

Is anyone as organised as me and completely finished shopping yet? (;)) no...you're a nerd :p

Do you love it? eh...

Do you hate it? don't hate anything but i can take it or leave it

When does panic buying set in? why panic? :eek:

Who's got their tree up? no tree....i live alone...screw decorating :p

Who opens a present on Christmas eve? when we we're kids, my grandma would always give us one present to open and it was always pajamas

Turkey, beef or goose? lamb shanks for our family party and probably prime rib on christmas
    Lamb shanks! Love, love, love them. I think I'll fix those for Christmas - thanks for mentioning them.
    My one present on Christmas eve was always underware. haha
    I'm not completely done, but pretty close. I have to finish early as 99% of ours have to be mailed.
    We're decorating sometime this week.
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • AllIAmAllIAm Posts: 1,309
    What are you all doing? going to my fiance's house christmas eve for the parade and the yankee swap with his friends, stay over there and then have christmas day with his sisters and dad
    Is anyone as organised as me and completely finished shopping yet? nope
    Do you love it? i just started christmas a couple of years ago so i do love it
    Do you hate it? i do not see a downside
    When does panic buying set in? i don't think i've ever had panic buying
    Who's got their tree up? i wish.. this is my second year of having a tree.. the smell is divine
    Who opens a present on Christmas eve? i would be massacred
    Turkey, beef or goose? ham

we watched love actually this weekend.. put me in the best christmas mood ever!!!
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    -What are you all doing?

Donating, helping the homeless, decerating the house, chopping down a tree in the woods, buying somebody a fresh hot meal who's on the street, making gifts, sending out gifts via snail mail, etc..

-Is anyone as organised as me and completely finished shopping yet? ()

I am your perfect Seinfield. Very organized, accept for my room. It's a mess. Just everything outside of that world, it's all good.

-Do you love it?

Course I love it. One of the best times of the year! Baby Jesus is born! :) Time of celebrating, giving, helping other's out. All about peace, love & happiness.

-Do you hate it?

Nope

-When does panic buying set in?

I don't panic this time of year. Which is weird. I did have panic attacks many weeks ago, something I can't talk about here. Just weird during the holiday's, my heart is just so happy!

-Who's got their tree up?

To early for that. We have the tree up till the week after New Year's! So probably a week before Christmas we put it up.

-Who opens a present on Christmas eve?

I would sometimes open the gifts when I come back from Church service that night. I'm Greek Orthodox. Sometimes I would sneak by with a sweet EggNog and take a pic, even check everybodies bed for anything. But it's tough. hahah

-Turkey, beef or goose?

Beef, turkey, lamb etc.. Cooking for a Greek family over here! You need to be prepared, like crazy style! lol
  • TrixieCat wrote:
    I am going to Sian's for Beef Wellington. :cool:

I'll save you some and send it in a nice ickle parcel :cool: