Options

**My 1000th Post: Thank You Pearl Jam!**

JP2026766JP2026766 Posts: 1,125
edited February 2008 in The Porch
I figured my 1000th post was kind of a big milestone, so please forgive me if this becomes as length as Eddie's Ramones' induction speech (I doubt it will get that bad).

I'm only 20, so I didn't get to listen to Pearl Jam during their most popular days. But I knew a few songs here and there. When I was 14-15, I remember hearing songs like Evenflow, Betterman, Alive on the radio, and I thought they were pretty cool. Then one day, I heard this song with the most beautiful guitar riff I'd ever heard, but I couldn't find the name of the song because the lyrics were so scattered. I finally found the song, Yellow Ledbetter, and I started to become hooked.

My first PJ album was Ten which I thought was amazing. But instead of following the normal path and buying the albums chronologically, the next CD I bought was the double disc MSG I and II pack. I saw the songs on it, and almost didnt buy it, because I didn't recognize any of the songs. I found myself thinking: "What's Crown of Thorns? Do The Evolution? That doesn't even make sense! I kind of like this Breath song though..." One of the first songs off of that disc that stood out to me was In My Tree. I know most people prefer the old version of the song, but this was the first time I had heard it, and I absolutely fell in love with the song.

Then, I bought the Tokyo 03 boot, which absolutely blew me away. Again, it took me a few listens to get into some of the songs that I didnt know, but LBC and Hail Hail from that show were amazing to me. I found myself discovering songs from this band that were so different, and yet I loved them all for different reasons. After that I picked up the various albums, until today, between boots and studio, I have over 2000 tracks. I'd have to say of all the studio albums, Yield is tops. Perfect from start to end, I could listen to it every day (and almost do). :)

My first show was Borgata II (I'd say I was pretty fortunate to see this one, I got the tix for free), and then Philly 2 nights after that. I guess after that I was a complete PJ junkie.

I know this is a bit lengthy, but no matter my mood or what I'm doing, I always can find a way to tie PJ into it, or find a lyric that fits my mood. Their music gets me through alot of days, and I don't think there's a band out there that can compare. So thanks so much PJ for everything!

Mansfield II '08

EV Solo Shows:

NYC I
NJPAC

I. LOVE. YIELD.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    That was a great selection of boots to get hooked on PJ with...
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV