Options

some tenclub humour?

13»

Comments

• Options
    evenkat wrote:
    Too freakin funny! Well I think this needs to be made a sticky so Helen doesn't have to keep explaining it over and over lol. Or maybe they should put it in the rules. Ya know be nice to others, no chatting, and remember most of all Ireland is NOT in the UK : D

I'd a problem getting something once from 10C. I don't remember what the problem was but it was worth the wait. I do hope you will be able play the dvd :eek: . May be they are converting it for ya :D
    :D that's not a bad idea about putting it in the rules... KATTTTTTTTTT... please :)

But, lol, especially after the thread and all, to get an email like that was literally laugh out loud hilarious.

Yep, I'd say there's a good chance they're converting the dvd for me alright :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    well explain this then, from Wikipedia??

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (commonly known as the United Kingdom, the U.K., or Britain)[7] is a country[8][9] to the north-west of mainland Europe. It comprises the island of Great Britain, the north-east part of the island of Ireland and many small islands. Northern Ireland is the only part of the UK with a land border, sharing it with the Republic of Ireland.[10][11][12] Apart from this land border, the UK is surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean, the North Sea, the English Channel and the Irish Sea. The largest island, Great Britain, is linked to France by the Channel Tunnel.

sounds to me like the rest of the world thinks you're part of the UK

Ummm, the UK or Britain is a group of country's not one, England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland are all country's.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Ummm, the UK or Britain is a group of country's not one, England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland are all country's.

The UK is a country made up of constituent countries of Scotland, Wales, England and Northern Ireland :D

"These four constituent countries of the United Kingdom are sometimes also referred to as the Home Nations. The Parliament of the United Kingdom and the government of the United Kingdom are at Westminster in England. They deal with reserved matters, and with legislation specifically for England but not on matters which have been devolved to the separate governments in the other constituent countries (see Scottish Parliament, Welsh Assembly Government and Northern Ireland Executive).

The Isle of Man and the Channel Islands are not part of the United Kingdom and are not represented in the United Kingdom Parliament. They are rather direct dependencies of the British Crown."

Trust the British to make things so bloody complicated!!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646

its countries not country's ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    its countries not country's ;)

Are you really dyslexic? Is that why you have a chip on your shoulder about spelling and grammer? :)
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Are you really dyslexic? Is that why you have a chip on your shoulder about spelling and grammer? :)

it's grammar not grammer.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    cunt trees? eeeuuugghh:p
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    it's grammar not grammer.

Oh yeah. HAHAHAHAHA! I wrote that on purpose, y'know.

Nevermind...
  • Options
    Oh yeah. HAHAHAHAHA! I wrote that on purpose, y'know.

Nevermind...

I'm still laughing...
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Chime wrote:
    It's because rather than ship using FedEx, USPS or DHL they use Swedish Post to ship all their international orders. I think everything goes to Sweden and then is split up. Also means less chance of us having to pay customs charges ;)
    actually it doesn't because the expediter address is still marked as US ..I'm pretty sure I paid customs from 10c before...or at least got something marked as having been checked by customs.
    Chime wrote:
    *who, what, where?*

Nah was just expanding that it's the postal service they use. I've ordered other stuff from the States that have given me the option of Swedish Post or USPS ... one cheaper, the other quicker.
    difference in price is minimum (talking $.50 fro europe)..difference in time is not..
    e.g. http://www.dvdpacific.com/ShippingInfoDesc.asp (scroll down to the note:
    Please note: Although delivery times for each mail service (USPS/Swedish Mail) are quoted as similar it is our experience that USPS more often than not is closer to the lesser time for delivery whereas Swedish Post is typically closer to the maximum quoted time for delivery.
    )
    It's not the feckin british isles.. that implies they own this island and they feckin do not. Dermot Ahern has mentioned a couple of times about changing that from officialdom to absolute bolloxdom :) I like Dermot Ahern.
    until you guys come up with another way to call that group of Islands (and something that people actually use, not just some random PC term..islands of the north east atlantic?! doesn't really roll of the tongue does it?), that's what it'll be called..
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Pegasus wrote:
    actually it doesn't because the expediter address is still marked as US ..I'm pretty sure I paid customs from 10c before...or at least got something marked as having been checked by customs

Ah you use DVD pacific as well ... I just know I've never been charged on 10C stuff and I said "less" chance as DVD Pacific said "European customers in particular wanted us to keep Swedish Post as an option due to transit times for them being somewhere in the middle ground and they found customs not to be as a big an issue for them so were ok with the slightly longer transit times in comparison to USPS" http://www.dvdpacific.com/FAQ.asp
    Pegasus wrote:
    difference in price is minimum (talking $.50 fro europe)..difference in time is not..
    e.g. http://www.dvdpacific.com/ShippingInfoDesc.asp (scroll down to the note: )

I know difference is minimal ... was again talking about DVD Pacific as that's where I had been given the option and the reason the option is given :)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,774
    dunkman wrote:
    i'll take you on in a geography of the US competition then? i rate my chances higher than Bobby Brown at a Bostik factory

oh hell I'd kick your ass in that :D

I'm not trying to be anything but honest here, I just didn't know.
  • Options
    I think this thread needs a nudge because it had mine and dunkman finest hour on the last page.

Heheheh
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    I think this thread needs a nudge because it had mine and dunkman finest hour on the last page.

Heheheh

You must be really bored :p
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    You must be really bored :p

I won't dignify that with a response. ;)
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:

until you guys come up with another way to call that group of Islands (and something that people actually use, not just some random PC term..islands of the north east atlantic?! doesn't really roll of the tongue does it?), that's what it'll be called..
    not by us it won't be :p

How many times do you hear me refer to the British isles when I'm actually talking about 'Ireland and the UK'? Ya won't hear it very often :p Besides that's a little bit of a silly reason... laziness? :eek:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
This discussion has been closed.