Options

any mighty boosh fans?

deadnothingbetterdeadnothingbetter Posts: 2,202
edited December 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
sign here!

i've gotten into the second season in just one single day... the show is awesome!

my favorite episode is the one with the hell monkey, and vince noir meets mr. susan and his shiny balls. "look at them shine. look at them shine. look at them shine." haha

then they meet the king of hell monkey with his terrible hair. it's hilarious. too bad you can only catch it on bbc three.
This isn't the land of opportunity, it's the land of competition.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Ever drunk Bailey's out of a shoe?
    Wanna go to a club where people wee on each other?

I like you, wotcha think of me? Make an assessment.

I'M OLD GREGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!

:cool:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    Yup, going to see them later this month, cant wait :D

I love the moon
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • Options
    Yup, going to see them later this month, cant wait :D

I love the moon

I saw them last month... The moon was in attendance :cool:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• Options
    I friggin love the Boosh!! :D

They did a show here in Ireland a couple of months ago, but the tickets sold out :( apparently they were unreal! :D
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    I've been told that I would love them. (apparently cause I love Monty Python.) :D

but sadly haven't been able to watch any as of yet.
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    I saw them last month... The moon was in attendance :cool:

Thats good to hear, I would be very disappointed if not.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • Options
    I friggin love the Boosh!! :D

They did a show here in Ireland a couple of months ago, but the tickets sold out :( apparently they were unreal! :D

Unreal is certainly one way to describe it... :D

• Options
    K.LOK.LO Posts: 163
    I don't have a channel that shows it here in the States, but there's always the Internet.;) I was wondering which episodes you all would recommend because it seems like a funny show from some of the clips I've seen.
  • Options
    K.LO wrote:
    I don't have a channel that shows it here in the States, but there's always the Internet.;) I was wondering which episodes you all would recommend because it seems like a funny show from some of the clips I've seen.

Probably most famous, and a good one to start with I guess, is Old Gregg :)

I loved the first 2 seasons. The 3rd season was OK but I fear it's getting a bit smug and too sure of itself... settled on a formula and therefore not as consistently funny as it used to be.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    Probably most famous, and a good one to start with I guess, is Old Gregg :)

I loved the first 2 seasons. The 3rd season was OK but I fear it's getting a bit smug and too sure of itself... settled on a formula and therefore not as consistently funny as it used to be.

It's called The Legend of Old Gregg.

I'd also recommend:

Tundra (series 1)
    Hitcher (series 1) *
    Fountain of Youth (series 2) *
    The Nightmare of Milky Joe (series 2)
    Eels (series 3) *
    The Power of the Crimp (series 3)
    The Strange Tale of The Crack Fox (series 3)

(* all contain the infamous 'Hitcher' character... You slags!!! :D)

and if you can get it, watch 'The Might Boosh Live' DVD. It's hilarious :D

• Options
    It's called The Legend of Old Gregg.

:rolleyes:

Like the OP wouldn't have been able to find it anyway.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• Options
    :rolleyes:

Like the OP wouldn't have been able to find it anyway.

I'm a Boosh geek, things have to be done properly.

• Options
    Things have to be done properly.

Yep, I get that about you ;)

Btw a wheelchair basketball net is the same height as in a normal game.. ten feet :p

• Options
    Yep, I get that about you ;)

Btw a wheelchair basketball net is the same height as in a normal game.. ten feet :p

LOL :D

Fool :p

• Options
    Soup, soup........
    www.myspace.com/rockmastergeneral

To break down borders and realise that we are one species and then the true patriotism comes from pride and love of the human race, not from the tribes of which we currently are divided, open your eyes your mind will see! - ME
  • Options
    Soup, soup........

Tasty soup soup
    Spicey carrot and coriander
    Chilli chowder
    Crouton crouton
    Crunchy friends in a liquid broth.
    I am gazpacho
    I am a summer soup
    Miso miso
    Fighting in the dojo
    Miso miso
    Oriental friends in the land of soup!

• Options
    Love that chilli chowder! :D
    And the Hitcher when he takes a piss "it's coming outta me like a yellow cable!"

To break down borders and realise that we are one species and then the true patriotism comes from pride and love of the human race, not from the tribes of which we currently are divided, open your eyes your mind will see! - ME
  • Options
    Tasty soup soup
    Spicey carrot and coriander
    Chilli chowder
    Crouton crouton
    Crunchy friends in a liquid broth.
    I am gazpacho
    I am a summer soup
    Miso miso
    Fighting in the dojo
    Miso miso
    Oriental friends in the land of soup!

Absolute genius :D

Mmmmm.... miso. Could do with some now. It's a great winter warmer.

• Options
    Oo oo oo I did a twisty
    Oo oo oo a tiny twisty
    Twist em up twist em down
    Twist em all around like the cobra
    Dancing to the music of the pipe,
    the pipe, the pipe, the pipe of life

Aheeeee ahhhhee ahee ay

Caroma sharoma cinema in the night
    Such a good thing
    Don't forget to bring popcorn Tony and his paper castle

• Options
    I challenge you to a crimp off! :D

• Options
    I challenge you to a crimp off! :D

Crimpety crimpety fuck you! :p

:D:D:D

• Options
    Crimpety crimpety fuck you! :p

:D:D:D

LOL

:P

• Options
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eAbkh4TMRqg

Cyborg seadog tell me what you dream of!

• Options
    my personal favorite quote comes from King Monkey:

i've always had problems with my hair
    since i was a child
    it's not curly
    it's not straight
    it's just inbetween

if i wet it, it gets too dry
    if i leave it, it gets greasy

and then there's the goth scene:

just came from a graveyard
    i got all naked
    i took a shit on a tombstone

oh and also, hehe

i'm your friend right? but i'm also your boss. but i'm not your wife. even though i made massively violent sex with you. wait, did i say that out loud?
    This isn't the land of opportunity, it's the land of competition.
  • Options
    Ever drunk Bailey's out of a shoe?
    Wanna go to a club where people wee on each other?

I like you, wotcha think of me? Make an assessment.

I'M OLD GREGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!

:cool:

I love you :)

That is a classic.