Just booked my first Tattoo!!!

harmless_little_f***harmless_little_f*** Posts: 8,005
edited November 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
Wooooo

Next wednesday at 12.30. I didn't go for the PJ one as my first in the end. I've decided to sit that one out a bit longer. What I'm going for is a labyrinth, for personal reasons. It'll look like this, in black ink....

http://pvs.k12.nm.us/OutdoorPages/labyrinth/labyrinth-design-6.jpg

:eek: :D
'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Cool where ya getting it?
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Wooooo

Next wednesday at 12.30. I didn't go for the PJ one as my first in the end. I've decided to sit that one out a bit longer. What I'm going for is a labyrinth, for personal reasons. It'll look like this, in black ink....

http://pvs.k12.nm.us/OutdoorPages/labyrinth/labyrinth-design-6.jpg

:eek: :D

Best of luck my man, once you pop, you won't stop ;)
    I need a coffee!
  • Cool where ya getting it?

On my shoulder :D
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• Nice. :)

I am thinking of getting my first one sometime in the next little bit. I am just torn over the location.. I thought I had it all set :o
  • Nice. :)

I am thinking of getting my first one sometime in the next little bit. I am just torn over the location.. I thought I had it all set :o

As in the location of the tattoo, or the place you'll get it done at?

• Irish Al wrote:
    Best of luck my man, once you pop, you won't stop ;)

Which is why I haven't done a PJ design first time, as I know that'll be my second ;)

• I've been waffling on the tattoo issue for years. I've been saying I'd get one on my 30 birthday, but with that just over 2 months away, I'm chickening out. I have an idea of what I want and where I'd put it, but I'm a total comittiphobe!
  • I've been waffling on the tattoo issue for years. I've been saying I'd get one on my 30 birthday, but with that just over 2 months away, I'm chickening out. I have an idea of what I want and where I'd put it, but I'm a total comittiphobe!

Only reason I'd chicken out is the possible pain; I've just decided to forget that and ignore the issue until the second before it gets done and it's too late to pull out. :D Just pretend I'm going on a skydive or something - all the excitement and anticipation, none of the fear. They told me that the pain is like an intense sunburn - if they're right, piece of cake. :eek: Don't overthink it or it won't get done. Just make sure you get all your questions answered and see a few artists' work like I have.

• JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    yey tattoos!

what shop have you decided on?
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Jennytree wrote:
    yey tattoos!

what shop have you decided on?

A place called The Grasshopper in Harrow. A guy there called Tony seems to do pretty great work, so unless you connoiseurs say 'NO! DON'T GO THAT DIVE!' then it's on...

A place called The Grasshopper in Harrow. A guy there called Tony seems to do pretty great work, so unless you connoiseurs say 'NO! DON'T GO THAT DIVE!' then it's on...

Excellent! Are ye all super excited?!

It really does feel like intense sunburn, but it will be fine. Don't worry about the pain of it, just enjoy looking at it, and telling people about it and reliving the feeling of why you got it!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Jennytree wrote:
    Excellent! Are ye all super excited?!

It really does feel like intense sunburn, but it will be fine. Don't worry about the pain of it, just enjoy looking at it, and telling people about it and reliving the feeling of why you got it!

Yeah I'm excited. I do want a PJ tatt but there are so many possibilities for one (just having seen some) that I don't wanna change my mind later. Everyone I know will know why I got this one, big personal significance. ;)

I could have got it done today. They offered, but I wasn't sure if I was getting payed till next week. I just checked and it turns out I was paid today. Hey ho.

I can't contain my excitement to be honest.

• As in the location of the tattoo, or the place you'll get it done at?

Oops yes location of tattoo .. oh and I better pack a studio as well :o
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341

NO! NOT THERE!!!! Just kidding. Cool tat. And no worries about the pain. It's not really pain... I can describe it a bit like a cat scratch when they do the outline (adult cat scratch - not little kitten).

Post a pic the day you get it! :D
  • pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578
    Sweet! I didn't realize you could make appointments; I've always just dropped in for mine. And don't worry about the pain; it isn't that bad. But yes, you will want more soon! :p I'm on 4 but I think I want one more...although who knows! :D

Be sure to post pics!
  • Did you know that tattoo inks contain heavy metals and other toxins that are being linked to Alzheimers? Of extreme consideration is that with the major increase in MRSA infections of late, you should be specially cautious regarding tattoos. If you must get a tattoo, make sure you follow proper hygeine routines and know your artist and shop is free of any violations. Be sure they wear gloves and use individual, disposable ink cartidges.
    "When you're climbing to the top, you'd better know the way back down" MSB
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    Being that a tattoo is forever, are you sure you aren't getting it based on recent events in your life?
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,139
    Did you know that tattoo inks contain heavy metals and other toxins that are being linked to Alzheimers?

I think this could also be a positive ..... one of the reasons people regret tattoos later in life is they become bored or tired of the image ......with alzheimers it would be like a new tattoo and a new experience every day! :)
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Being that a tattoo is forever, are you sure you aren't getting it based on recent events in your life?

Very sure. I've wanted one for over a year at least, and always liked the concept.

• redrock wrote:
    NO! NOT THERE!!!! Just kidding. Cool tat. And no worries about the pain. It's not really pain... I can describe it a bit like a cat scratch when they do the outline (adult cat scratch - not little kitten).

Post a pic the day you get it! :D

How long do they take to heal with the right after care?

Depends Mark. Mine took just over a week to heal. But usually one to two weeks. Just don't pick at it and don't soak it in water.
  • redrock wrote:
    Depends Mark. Mine took just over a week to heal. But usually one to two weeks. Just don't pick at it and don't soak it in water.

No water at all for the two weeks?

How long do they take to heal with the right after care?

Depends on the detail, how much overworking the skin takes and the like.

It'll be easy to touch from anything from 3 hours to 3 days after you get tattood. It'll be grand for a li'l while, then the peeling will begin. My peeling of the colouring in of my arms took about 2 days each. Most importantly keep it moisturised, leave it upwrapped when watching telly or internerd dossing or the like. I had to wrap my arms up while at work cos they were all gooey!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Jennytree wrote:
    Depends on the detail, how much overworking the skin takes and the like.

It'll be easy to touch from anything from 3 hours to 3 days after you get tattood. It'll be grand for a li'l while, then the peeling will begin. My peeling of the colouring in of my arms took about 2 days each. Most importantly keep it moisturised, leave it upwrapped when watching telly or internerd dossing or the like. I had to wrap my arms up while at work cos they were all gooey!

So are long-sleeved tops at work a bad idea? Will it rub on clothes?

No water at all for the two weeks?
    Yeah... go stinky.... :p

Do avoid lots of water the first few days if you can.. where is it going to be again? Cover it with cling film or plastic bag of some sort during your shower. Then it's OK to get it wet, but not soaking (ie not in a bath). Pat dry - don't rub. Leave exposed as much as you can. The skin needs to breath to heal. Your tat shouldn't really rub on your clothes. Mine are in the middle of the shoulder blades and one on my shoulder. If you're wearing long sleeves, wear cotton or something (actually whatever you're wearing, a cotton top is good) as even if you are a bit gooey, cotton absorbes it. And remember, you don't have to put MASSES of goop - just enough to keep it moisterised. Avoid jumpers directly on your tat... the little bits of wool can 'hook' scab..
  • redrock wrote:
    Yeah... go stinky.... :p

Do avoid lots of water the first few days if you can.. where is it going to be again? Cover it with cling film or plastic bag of some sort during your shower. Then it's OK to get it wet, but not soaking (ie not in a bath). Pat dry - don't rub. Leave exposed as much as you can. The skin needs to breath to heal.

It's going to be on my shoulder, so it would need to be covered at work.. and could I sleep on it?

Just wear a t-shirt! Yeah.. you can sleep on it too....
  • redrock wrote:
    Just wear a t-shirt! Yeah.. you can sleep on it too....

Thanks.. you're 'tre' informative.

I don't know why I keep quoting you when you're the post before me. Just habit. :D

So are long-sleeved tops at work a bad idea? Will it rub on clothes?

well, mine were super gooey cos there's a LOT of shading, and lots of skin damage. Yours won't be anywhere near as bad as it seems that its just black??

Only thing you'd have to worry about is waiting for moisturiser to soak in (buy some bepanthen and E45 cream :D)

the main thing to do is to play it by ear. Do leave it breathe as much as possible, keep it moisturised. Your tattoo artist should talk you through the aftercare with you anywho :)
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Jennytree wrote:
    well, mine were super gooey cos there's a LOT of shading, and lots of skin damage. Yours won't be anywhere near as bad as it seems that its just black??

Only thing you'd have to worry about is waiting for moisturiser to soak in (buy some bepanthen and E45 cream :D)

the main thing to do is to play it by ear. Do leave it breathe as much as possible, keep it moisturised. Your tattoo artist should talk you through the aftercare with you anywho :)

Cool, cheers. It's a bit sad really but I can't seem to think of anything else :D