Anyone live in Birmingham, AL or familliar with it?

MILKwasAbadChoiceMILKwasAbadChoice Posts: 285
edited December 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
I am going at the end of this month for a bowl game actually. just looking to see if there are any cool places i need to check out, and cool bars? music spots? etc..? and dont say no its the ghetto, theres nothing to do. only positive answers please.
98- 9/8.9/10.9/11
00- 8/3, 8/4, 9/1.9/2
03- 4/28. 7/8. 7/9. 7/14
04- 10/1
05- 10/3
06- 5/4!!!!, 5/12. 5/13. 5/27, 5/28, 6/1, 6/3
08- 6/19, 6/20, 6/22, 6/25, 6/27, 8/4
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    For Music...there's the Nick, Zydeco, Bottletree and Workplay. For food and drink there is the Lakeview District and the Five Points South area. Ocean and 26 are nice high-end restaurants in the Five Points South area...the Lakeview Oyster House is one of my wife's favorites. J. Clydes is another nice place to wet your whistle in the Five Points area. For the lighter side, Cosmo's Pizza is a great feed. Surin is an excellent Thai restaurant with three locations. For BBQ there is always Dreamland, Johnny Ray's, Jim & Nick's, Full Moon, Costa's and many more. We have a couple of local burger chains that deserve mention....Milo's and Hamburger Heaven...both are out of this world. The Fish Market is a really great seafood place. For meat and three, you can't beat Nikki's on Finley which is really not too far from Legion Field. We have a number of great Italian places spread out all over town....and a bunch of Mediterranean choices. I'll have my wife add some suggestions when she gets home.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • thanks whats the deal with goodpeoplebrewery? is it a big brewery with tours or anything like that? i know that actually have cool poster prints haha in their webstore
    98- 9/8.9/10.9/11
    00- 8/3, 8/4, 9/1.9/2
    03- 4/28. 7/8. 7/9. 7/14
    04- 10/1
    05- 10/3
    06- 5/4!!!!, 5/12. 5/13. 5/27, 5/28, 6/1, 6/3
    08- 6/19, 6/20, 6/22, 6/25, 6/27, 8/4
    thanks whats the deal with goodpeoplebrewery? is it a big brewery with tours or anything like that? i know that actually have cool poster prints haha in their webstore
    Does not exist...not that I have ever heard.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    only positive answers please.

Dang!! :D I was hoping for some good redneck bashing.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • There is this song called, Paint me a Birmingham - it sucks
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,963
    I am going at the end of this month for a bowl game actually. just looking to see if there are any cool places i need to check out, and cool bars? music spots? etc..? and dont say no its the ghetto, theres nothing to do. only positive answers please.

good luck to rutgers!
    I love to turn you on
    For Soul food.....find a Green Acres location...there are several around town. Another great meat and three joint is the Irondale Cafe...which is the basis for the book & movie, "Fried Green Tomatoes."

For wetting your whistle, there's always Billy's Tavern in English Village and the Barking Kudu.