Vancouver Canucks Thread

123457»

Comments

• I met Canuck prospect Cody Hodgson in Joeys on Burrard today, nice kid, gorilla handshake.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    woooooooooooHIZZLE! :)
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
    wow. holy fuck we looked good. Its only one game but if this was any indication of what is to come, look the fuck out!!

SMART hockey is finally being played in vancouver. great puck handling. grit, accountability, so awesome. Ohlund hitting Bert was great, but Bernier stepping the up INSTANTLY to fight Phaneuf over a hit is what this team has needed for a long, long time. These kids are hungry and it shows and the confidence this team will build will be infectious on the ice.

The short handed Rypien goal was SICK!
    Captain Canuck gets the shutout!
    Bourdon's best bud Burrow's gets two goals!

What a start to the season. Im PUMPED.

GO NUCKS!!!!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    Bourdon's best bud Burrow's gets two goals!

soooooooooooooooOOOooOOoOOooooo awesome :):):)
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
    its 4-3 now going into the third....we gonna do this?
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • its 4-3 now going into the third....we gonna do this?

you bet!
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • gvn2fly12gvn2fly12 Posts: 787
    good start to the season from the boys, was a little worried when they were down 3-1 but they pulled it off. :)
    Arms wide open with the sea as my floor.
  • Been impressed with the Canuckleheads so far...however let's see how long this keeps....BTW I hope to see the Shames/Kippersoft be this weak all year!
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    Time to fire this thread back up. Let’s go Nucks! 
    This is a team on the RISE folks... Wild are goin down.   If Markstrom keeps playing like he did before he got hurt, anything is possible. 
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited July 2020

:kiss:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Is that Bure/Richter in the 94 final? 
    Great series. Thought the Nux has it. Of course it’s over 25 years ago, little relevance to this year 🤙
    Boeser is going to light up the Wild. He was flying last night. He will knock that rust off and light that lamp repeatedly. It’s go time!!
    Later Minnesota.  The defending champs or Dallas? Doesn’t matter, bring em on.

The Q is a beast. He’s already the best defenceman in franchise history. 
    Absolutely loving this! 20 miles left boys. Keep the feet moving! 
    Later St. Louis. 
    A run has begun. Nucks/Knights will be a dandy. Nucks in 6
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Go CanuckS Go!!!  You are Canada’s remaining hope to end the Stanley Cup drought in Canada...

however, this is getting ridiculous...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    They are tenacious, have talent, depth and elite goaltending. Coach is pushing all the right buttons. Confidence is high.
    Fun to watch! 
  • Game 7 baby. 
    Thatcher... coming out party. Go Nucks! 
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    i'm kinda rooting for Vancouver.. Mogilny was my favorite non Flyers player and I really liked their 90's jerseys. Also liked Pavel Bure

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • i'm kinda rooting for Vancouver.. Mogilny was my favorite non Flyers player and I really liked their 90's jerseys. Also liked Pavel Bure

Dave, that is my all-time favourite Nucks jersey with the home whites. Just go back to them already! Bure was the most talented Canuck ever (until Petey and Huggy), but Mogilny was a bit of an enigma in Vancouver. 

I’m kinda cheering for the Flyers, as I can’t cheer for any team who has beaten the Canucks in a playoff round in my hockey watching lifetime (Islanders - SCF 1982).  I think the Flyers beat the Nucks in 1979 or something when the first round was a best-of-3, but it doesn’t count (in my head lol). 
    i'm kinda rooting for Vancouver.. Mogilny was my favorite non Flyers player and I really liked their 90's jerseys. Also liked Pavel Bure

Dave, that is my all-time favourite Nucks jersey with the home whites. Just go back to them already! Bure was the most talented Canuck ever (until Petey and Huggy), but Mogilny was a bit of an enigma in Vancouver. 

I’m kinda cheering for the Flyers, as I can’t cheer for any team who has beaten the Canucks in a playoff round in my hockey watching lifetime (Islanders - SCF 1982).  I think the Flyers beat the Nucks in 1979 or something when the first round was a best-of-3, but it doesn’t count (in my head lol). 
    nice. i prefer the black ones to the white ones. Mogilny was? that sucks to hear. Like I said I liked him in Vancouver also Buffalo. Also partial to Buffalo for that reason (and my godfather lives there). Good luck with the Canucks (as long as they don't play the Flyers :wink: )

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • i'm kinda rooting for Vancouver.. Mogilny was my favorite non Flyers player and I really liked their 90's jerseys. Also liked Pavel Bure

nice. i prefer the black ones to the white ones. Mogilny was? that sucks to hear. Like I said I liked him in Vancouver also Buffalo. Also partial to Buffalo for that reason (and my godfather lives there). Good luck with the Canucks (as long as they don't play the Flyers :wink: )

He had one good year - 55 goals and 107pts if memory serves me correctly.  But I just remember it being all so underwhelming. I think the Messier disaster was soon after. Mogilny-Lafontaine in Buffalo was lights out! He and Selanne with 76 goals as rookies? Amazing. 

See you in the Finals! 😎
  • Well that one stings. What a run. Bright future for this team. 

He had one good year - 55 goals and 107pts if memory serves me correctly.  But I just remember it being all so underwhelming. I think the Messier disaster was soon after. Mogilny-Lafontaine in Buffalo was lights out! He and Selanne with 76 goals as rookies? Amazing. 

See you in the Finals! 😎

well that didn't quite work out to the way i was hoping.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD

See you in the Finals! 😎

well that didn't quite work out to the way i was hoping.
    Yeah... looked like both teams ran out of gas. Not one of the three teams could complete the comeback. 
    Well... it’s a short offseason anyways! Flyers and Canucks on the rise. Two future stars in between the pipes 👍.

AV is arguably the best coach the Canucks ever had (Pat Quinn be a close second IMO). Travis Green is doing a great job. 

• #Brucethereitis 

8 game points streak. Keep it going boys! 
    Wow my thread from 2006!!!!
    Still no Cup.
    Carry on.
    Wow my thread from 2006!!!!
    Still no Cup.
    Carry on.
    Yup. I’m a diehard lol