Vancouver Canucks Thread

Comments

• rockpantsrockpants BC Posts: 838
    I have adopted the US Homeland Security Colour-coded Alert system for Mike Gillis, although instead of jumping from one colour to the next, it's more of a gradient, blended thing. I have the Gillis Alert System still in the Yellow section, but it's nearly in Orange. Don't want to be overdramatic (ie/ "Tanking for Tavares" theorists) but certainly can't dismiss the all-talk, no-action of this current GM's rule.

I like the Hordichuk and Johnson signings, though.
  • we are fucked

next few seasons we wont be bad enough for a top 5 pick b/c of Lou but wont be good enough to make the playoffs, smells an awful lot like Maple Leaf Mediocrity Disease to me.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    Good-bye Naslund . . .
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • kenshuntkenshunt London, Ontario, Canada Posts: 2,863
    next few seasons we wont be bad enough for a top 5 pick b/c of Lou but wont be good enough to make the playoffs, smells an awful lot like Maple Leaf Mediocrity Disease to me.
    Wellwood will rip it up :p
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • kenshunt wrote:
    Wellwood will rip it up :p

from what ive heard from leafs fans hes lazy, injury prone because hes in bad shape all the time, bad in his own zone and juts a plain bad guy for the room. Hopefully they think AV can whip him into shape.

MG is looking awful similar to DN, no activity to bring in scoring, letting our FA's walk and signing and claiming reclamation projects.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    from what ive heard from leafs fans hes lazy, injury prone because hes in bad shape all the time, bad in his own zone and juts a plain bad guy for the room. Hopefully they think AV can whip him into shape.

MG is looking awful similar to DN, no activity to bring in scoring, letting our FA's walk and signing and claiming reclamation projects.
    Maybe it was just a simple lack of motivation...you know, like "Oh man, I can't believe I play for the Toronto Maple Leafs! This sucks!"
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,139
    rockpants wrote:
    I have adopted the US Homeland Security Colour-coded Alert system for Mike Gillis, although instead of jumping from one colour to the next, it's more of a gradient, blended thing. I have the Gillis Alert System still in the Yellow section, but it's nearly in Orange. Don't want to be overdramatic (ie/ "Tanking for Tavares" theorists) but certainly can't dismiss the all-talk, no-action of this current GM's rule.

I like the Hordichuk and Johnson signings, though.

No with Gillis the alert should be red! ....even if you wanted to strip down and rebuild why would you keep Bobby Lou??? .....he is going to keep you away from a top three pick and is more than likely going to walk at the end of the 09 / 10 season when his contract is up. You could have had maximum value for him now. I believe you could have worked out a deal with Tampa moving Luongo for the Stamkos pick. Tampa is only an elite goalie away from being a legit cup countender.

You would still achieve the desired result of the team sucking but now you would have Stamkos and a real shot at Tevaris. Can you say Penguin West in a couple of years!!!
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
    Hawkshore wrote:
    Can you say Penguin West in a couple of years!!!
    Won't that just get you second place?
    Rygar wrote:
    Won't that just get you second place?

Hey I would gladly trade places with them any day! Mind you those three consecutive years of last place finishes (?) and almost losing your team couldn’t have been a lot of fun!

Besides I don't think we have heard the last of Crosby, Malkin, Fluery, and if they can sign him next year Staal and co! ;)
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Rygar wrote:
    Maybe it was just a simple lack of motivation...you know, like "Oh man, I can't believe I play for the Toronto Maple Leafs! This sucks!"

haha .. add that to the rumored country club type of locker room in T.O and you've got a recipe for disaster.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Hawkshore wrote:
    No with Gillis the alert should be red! ....even if you wanted to strip down and rebuild why would you keep Bobby Lou??? .....he is going to keep you away from a top three pick and is more than likely going to walk at the end of the 09 / 10 season when his contract is up. You could have had maximum value for him now. I believe you could have worked out a deal with Tampa moving Luongo for the Stamkos pick. Tampa is only an elite goalie away from being a legit cup countender.

You would still achieve the desired result of the team sucking but now you would have Stamkos and a real shot at Tevaris. Can you say Penguin West in a couple of years!!!

yeah except Lou has a NTC he already said he isn't going to waive. This Luongo trade talk really needs to stop.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Hawkshore wrote:
    Stamkos and a real shot at Tevaris. Can you say Penguin West in a couple of years!!!

OH and Crosby/Malkin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Stamkos/Tavares

Those 2 guys will never even be in the same class as Crosby and Malkin who are easily 2 of the top 3 players in the league already and will be for years to come.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Vancouver Canucks General Manager Mike Gillis announced today that the club has acquired right wing, Steve Bernier from the Buffalo Sabres in exchange for a second round Draft pick in 2010 and third round pick (Los Angeles’ selection) in 2009.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
    yeah except Lou has a NTC he already said he isn't going to waive. This Luongo trade talk really needs to stop.

Oh I think Luongo has had more than his share of rebuilds .......just take a look back at his time with the Panthers!!! ....and if you don't think him and his wife wouldn't be more than happy to waive the no trade to move to Tampa and to be 200 miles from home??? I want some of the shit your smoking!!! :D
  • Hawkshore wrote:
    Oh I think Luongo has had more than his share of rebuilds .......just take a look back at his time with the Panthers!!! ....and if you don't think him and his wife wouldn't be more than happy to waive the no trade to move to Tampa and to be 200 miles from home??? I want some of the shit your smoking!!! :D

Haha its a good point but Luongo is a team guy, he juts bought a 9 million dollar house in Kelowna (which is nicer than Florida) and is committed to the organization. The only way I see him waiving his NTC is if we are dead last at the trade deadline, also Kolzig just signed in TBay and he didn't want to back up Huet in WSH, he'd probably strangle someone if TBay acquired Lou.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    Rygar wrote:
    HAHAHAHAH....
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
    Fuck Sundin, we need to move on.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Fuck Sundin, we need to move on.

Man I still hope you guys give him 2 years at $20MM....would be the dumbest move all year....the entire pursuit by the Canucks for Sundin has hindered what could have been a great off-season with their cap room....however they have some good players on the point that could get some return....however with the unforunate loss of Bourdon they may be hesitant to trade some youth back there......like I said I expect last in the division again.....however they may battle the Av's for that title....two teams with the opposite problems.....
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    Man I still hope you guys give him 2 years at $20MM....would be the dumbest move all year....the entire pursuit by the Canucks for Sundin has hindered what could have been a great off-season with their cap room....however they have some good players on the point that could get some return....however with the unforunate loss of Bourdon they may be hesitant to trade some youth back there......like I said I expect last in the division again.....however they may battle the Av's for that title....two teams with the opposite problems.....
    I dunno about having much to work with...the Sedins aren't taking them anywhere, but how do you dump two flakes at once and expect something in return? Are they willing to give up their bunk beds yet?
    The Canucks were a team worth watching for a few years there....
    sorry 'nuck fans, I wouldn't have even looked at this thread again if restlessoul wasn't trash talkin in the oil thread :p
  • oh hell yeah....shootout victory agains the oil!

I think edmonton is gonna kick ass this year btw, once they get rolling...

We will have to see how the canucks will do, its all up to the forwards, we have the goaltending and the D, just need goals.

Wellwood was told he was too fat and unfit to play on a professional level by Vignault.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • edmonton is going to need to score a lot of goals to keep their weak D and suspect goaltending from getting exposed and that will be hard to do against the west conf teams who are all really really strong defensive teams.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • you poor soul...a canuck fan...well it could be worse, you could be a dillusional maple lafs fan...

just kidding...more a dig at the leafs...good luck this season!
    s

Montreal/98, Toronto/00'03'05'06x2, Brad Toronto/02, Buffalo/03, Kitchener/05, London/05, Hamilton/05, Late Show Taping/06, Cleveland/06, Pittsburgh/06, Bridge School Benefit Concert/06, Hartford/08, Mansfield 1/08, EV Montreal/08x2, EV Toronto/08x2...
    Old fatboy scored two game winning goals in preseason. If he gave a rats ass about exercising in the off season he could be so much better...
  • Rygar wrote:
    Old fatboy scored two game winning goals in preseason. If he gave a rats ass about exercising in the off season he could be so much better...

you have to wonder about the mentality of someone who was waived because he was out of shape and then miraculously given another chance to come in and be a top 6 forward and major offensive contributor and he still shows up for camp out of shape and over weight, maybe he just doesn't get what what it takes to be a professional athlete. Looks like hes down to 189 now and has lost 8lbs in two weeks.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
    you have to wonder about the mentality of someone who was waived because he was out of shape and then miraculously given another chance to come in and be a top 6 forward and major offensive contributor and he still shows up for camp out of shape and over weight, maybe he just doesn't get what what it takes to be a professional athlete. Looks like hes down to 189 now and has lost 8lbs in two weeks.
    I can sort of relate, I'm a lazy individual until things need doin. Could be he's just lazy, and when he absolutely has to get into shape, he does.
    But the potential he's wasting...
    Kovalev, Price and S. Kostitsyn showed up to Habs' training camp and the results of their off-season training are glaringly obvious.
    Rygar wrote:
    I can sort of relate, I'm a lazy individual until things need doin. Could be he's just lazy, and when he absolutely has to get into shape, he does.
    But the potential he's wasting...
    Kovalev, Price and S. Kostitsyn showed up to Habs' training camp and the results of their off-season training are glaringly obvious.
    i'm the queen of wasted potential.
    as embarassing as it is to admit, i've actually been cut from a high level team for not getting in shape over the summer... but it worked out well, cos the team folded, and the players all started hating each ohter and the coach, and i ended up on a team with an amazing coach.

when i heard about him it reminded me of that year hahaha.
    lolsters, ya named Luongo team captain...
    Rygar wrote:
    lolsters, ya named Luongo team captain...
    ....did you just type, 'lolsters'
    ....did you just type, 'lolsters'
    No, where do you see that??