*officially* the christmas season

decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
edited November 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
yep, thanksgiving turkey barely cold...and it's ALL christmas, all the time. :rolleyes: granted, i had salmon for thanksgiving :p....so no purist here, haha, but i do like a little *time* between my holidays, reflect and enjoy. however, as always, our neighbor across the street...holidays lights EVERYwhere, lights on, TODAY. :mad:

i LOVE the holiday season, and i love to enjoy and savor every moment. thus, i do my shopping before thanksgiving, granted, a VERY small list....and i have honed down the outdoor decor, NO lights...and all goes up first weekend in december.....indoors the following weekend......and just savor it all. i don't want to feel rushed, i don't want to feel pushed, i want to fully embrace the SPIRIT of the season, and all the festivities, the parties, the food and drink....and the giving.

i just don't get why so many have to rush, rush, rush it? eh well........just venting.......
Stay with me...
Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• yep, thanksgiving turkey barely cold...and it's ALL christmas, all the time. :rolleyes: granted, i had salmon for thanksgiving :p....so no purist here, haha, but i do like a little *time* between my holidays, reflect and enjoy. however, as always, our neighbor across the street...holidays lights EVERYwhere, lights on, TODAY. :mad:

i LOVE the holiday season, and i love to enjoy and savor every moment. thus, i do my shopping before thanksgiving, granted, a VERY small list....and i have honed down the outdoor decor, NO lights...and all goes up first weekend in december.....indoors the following weekend......and just savor it all. i don't want to feel rushed, i don't want to feel pushed, i want to fully embrace the SPIRIT of the season, and all the festivities, the parties, the food and drink....and the giving.

i just don't get why so many have to rush, rush, rush it? eh well........just venting.......
    i love the holidays....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
    the older i get the less care about gifts, as in not at all,
    and the more i care about just spending time with loved ones.

thats what is really important.

fa la la la la....
    Nice shirt.
  • the older i get the less care about gifts, as in not at all,
    and the more i care about just spending time with loved ones.

thats what is really important.

fa la la la la....

i agree.
    i mean, i still adore giving gifts, but it is much more simple/pared down....and it's ALL about being together. i like it simple and mellow, there's enough rush and stress elsewhere in life, don't need it infecting my holidays. i adore all the parties and going out tho, so fun! it's just kinda a drag to me that it all gets rushed/pushed elsewhere. each year we seem to get more and more mellow and relaxed with ALL the holidays...and i love it. :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    It's not Christmas until I hear Fairytale of New York on the radio.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    It's not Christmas until I hear Fairytale of New York on the radio.

i heard that when i went Xmas shopping yesterday in the city of Glasgow... so for me its officially xhristmas.

:):)

is that Festivus skin still on here? *goes to check*

i spent a holy fortune yesterday.. and that was just at Wagamama.. yummy :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • dunkman wrote:
    i heard that when i went Xmas shopping yesterday in the city of Glasgow... so for me its officially xhristmas.

:):)

is that Festivus skin still on here? *goes to check*

i spent a holy fortune yesterday.. and that was just at Wagamama.. yummy :)

Mmmm Wagamama, one of the best places ever.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Mmmm Wagamama, one of the best places ever.

first time i'd ever been but i thought it was fucking brilliant... :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • dunkman wrote:
    first time i'd ever been but i thought it was fucking brilliant... :)

I go all the time it's soooo delicious.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    and it stinks .....

(besides my b-day on the 26th)
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,392
    We wait until the first weekend in December to decorate and buy our tree. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Since my wife and I were both home yesterday, we pulled all of our decorations out of the closet, and put some lights and stuff up outside. I'm not ready to plug anything in yet, but they are ready.

We will probably wait until the weekend of Dec 8-9th to get a tree, just so it lasts longer.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • justam wrote:
    We wait until the first weekend in December to decorate and buy our tree. :)

us too.
    i was planning on waiting a week longer, but then i realized, not much time to have it up then! so more than likely, get it this weekend! :eek: i like to take my tree down BEFORE new year's eve....start the new year with the house cleared away, fresh and clean......but i like to truly ENJOY my christmas tree as long as possible too.

the time between thanksgiving and christmas just seems to get shorter each year. :o haha. and actually, thanksgiving on the 22nd is a bit earlier than other years, sometimes i'ts as late as the 28th! all depends when the 4th thursday of the month falls.

man, gonna be a BUSY weekend ahead! :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• justamjustam Posts: 21,392
    us too.
    i was planning on waiting a week longer, but then i realized, not much time to have it up then! so more than likely, get it this weekend! :eek: i like to take my tree down BEFORE new year's eve....start the new year with the house cleared away, fresh and clean......but i like to truly ENJOY my christmas tree as long as possible too.

the time between thanksgiving and christmas just seems to get shorter each year. :o haha. and actually, thanksgiving on the 22nd is a bit earlier than other years, sometimes i'ts as late as the 28th! all depends when the 4th thursday of the month falls.

man, gonna be a BUSY weekend ahead! :D

Yes, but we like to do it! :D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • I need to go to my parents' house and find my freaking ornaments...I haven't had a tree the past 2 years after I moved to NC, so I left them there...somewhere...god knows what happened to them!
  • justam wrote:
    Yes, but we like to do it! :D

i just need to remind myself of that fact now and again. ;)
    i mean honestly, i do it all entirely for me and my husband, that's it. we rarely even have anyone over during the holidays, if at all. i think last year NO one besides the 2 of us...and our pets :p.....ever saw our tree, the indoor decor, etc. so sometimes i do wonder why do i do what i do...and then yes, i remember, b/c i LIKE to do it. :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• i just need to remind myself of that fact now and again. ;)
    i mean honestly, i do it all entirely for me and my husband, that's it. we rarely even have anyone over during the holidays, if at all. i think last year NO one besides the 2 of us...and our pets :p.....ever saw our tree, the indoor decor, etc. so sometimes i do wonder why do i do what i do...and then yes, i remember, b/c i LIKE to do it. : D

I like seeing the pics of your place at the holidays :) It looks like a little bit of heaven. Oh and of course Mr Igby and friends decked out for the holidays :D:D
  • I like seeing the pics of your place at the holidays :) It looks like a little bit of heaven. Oh and of course Mr Igby and friends decked out for the holidays

:D
    ha, i'd forgotten that. so sure, me, mr. dream, the animal menagerie and anyone who subjects themselves to my photos during the holidays here. :p

and yes, mr. dream and i chatted earlier......we're getting our tree this saturday night. :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• :D
    ha, i'd forgotten that. so sure, me, mr. dream, the animal menagerie and anyone who subjects themselves to my photos during the holidays here. : p

and yes, mr. dream and i chatted earlier......we're getting our tree this saturday night. : D

Looking forward to the pics. :) I hope there will be fake antlers on all the four legged creatures :p
  • Looking forward to the pics. :) I hope there will be fake antlers on all the four legged creatures :p

well i DID get a beautiful new digital SLR camera for my birthday, so bound to be trying it out for the holiday season. :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• well i DID get a beautiful new digital SLR camera for my birthday, so bound to be trying it out for the holiday season. :D

Nice :D Can't wait to see the pics. That Mr Dreams knows how to spoil you!!

Be careful if you should take it to Italy :p;)