rock band

Garden DoggGarden Dogg Posts: 226
edited November 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
anyone picking it up for the 360 or ps3 this tuesday? i haven't stepped up to a next-gen console yet, so i have to wait til december for the ps2 version. i might have to upgrade to a new system for the downloadble albums/songs. if you pick it up this week, please post and let us know what you think.
"let's hug it out, bitch."

"and onward goes this thing of ours."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    I would, but I own a Wii and Harmonics are lagging.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • yep. getting it for the PS3. played the demo at BBY, and i cannot wait to pick this up. the drums, cannot wait to play the drums!
    VHC member #155***

Ft Lauderdale '96:::West Palm Beach '98:::Tampa '00:::Tampa '03:::Camden 1&2 '06::: DC '06:::West Palm Beach '08:::Tampa '08:::Columbia '08:::Virginia Beach '08

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    yep. getting it for the PS3. played the demo at BBY, and i cannot wait to pick this up. the drums, cannot wait to play the drums!

I've played it on PS3 and it's a lot of fun...just like Guitar Hero. Like Guitar Hero, still not sure if I want it as it gets boring as hell and I prefer to play the actual instruments.
  • anyone?

• gobrowns19gobrowns19 Posts: 1,447
    I've heard about this but never really looked into it too much. I just did some searches on it, and I have to admit, since I can not play drums in real life, it would be so much fun to play drums on Won't Get Fooled Again [or all of Who's Next, which will be downloadable.] :D
    Happiness is only real when shared
  • What is the drum set-up like? Snare, hihat, crash, and bass? Seems like that would cost a fortune.
  • Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,812
    getting it shipped from Amazon for xbox 360.. I'm up for playing guitar & possibly singing
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • What is the drum set-up like? Snare, hihat, crash, and bass? Seems like that would cost a fortune.

not real drums:

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=802677

if you buy the bundle with the game, guitar and microphone, it's $170. it's $200 for everything if bought separately.

• not real drums:

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=802677

if you buy the bundle with the game, guitar and microphone, it's $170. it's $200 for everything if bought separately.

Wow...that's like the opposite of real drums.
  • Ahhh another music game how wonderful. LOL

Do the hookers and drugs come with this game? :D
  • Ahhh another music game how wonderful. LOL

Do the hookers and drugs come with this game? :D

"YOU NEVER CATCH THE DRAGON!!!"
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • http://www.rockband.com

Cool site all about it !
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • http://www.rockband.com

Cool site all about it !

Ok after looking at that site and another site about this game. I just don't get what the point is. Instead of forming a real band you pretend in a video game? I don't really play video games so I'm out of the loop.
  • Ok after looking at that site and another site about this game. I just don't get what the point is. Instead of forming a real band you pretend in a video game? I don't really play video games so I'm out of the loop.

yeah, you're right. instead of playing madden, i should go out and form my own pro football team.

• yeah, you're right. instead of playing madden, i should go out and form my own pro football team.

But that's different. Anyone, if they put enough time into it, can learn to play the guitar...even is not so good. Not everyone can can play pro football.
  • yeah, you're right. instead of playing madden, i should go out and form my own pro football team.

Am I getting sarcasm from a video game player? :D

I wasn't even talking about Madden anyway. And that's a little different.

I think they used to be called garage bands.
    "YOU NEVER CATCH THE DRAGON!!!"

LOL!

Great episode! :D

I think the whole Guitar Hero/Rock Band thing has gone far enough and is just silly. Yeah, GH is fun for like 5 minutes (while drunk) and Rock Band is sorta fun for like 10 minutes (while drunk)...I just don't see the point in spending all that money.
  • Pretty fun. They had one set up at walmart last night and I messed around with it a bit. If I had a lot of money to waste I'd get it.
    But that's different. Anyone, if they put enough time into it, can learn to play the guitar...even is not so good. Not everyone can can play pro football.

Exactly! For about the same money people spend on Guitar Hero + the guitar you could easily buy a real acoustic guitar (squire). Hell, that's how I learned! I'm a decent REAL guitar player and it was one of the best things I ever decided to do. It's so rewarding sitting down and playing...and playing the real thing. I also play piano, drums and saxophone...all of which I thoroughly enjoy.
  • Ok after looking at that site and another site about this game. I just don't get what the point is. Instead of forming a real band you pretend in a video game? I don't really play video games so I'm out of the loop.

I opened this thread with the specific intention of seeing who would be the jackass to post something about "just join a real band" comment. Congrats, you win Patrick! If your not a gamer, why read and put down those who are? I mean I'm not homosexual...but I'm not gonna call you a fag.
    "It's all happening"
  • mca47 wrote:

I think the whole Guitar Hero/Rock Band thing has gone far enough and is just silly. Yeah, GH is fun for like 5 minutes (while drunk) and Rock Band is sorta fun for like 10 minutes (while drunk)...I just don't see the point in spending all that money.

Aww thank you for understanding what I mean. :D

I wish I had thought of these games. Cause whoever did is laughing all the way to the bank. hehe

It's just for fun like any video game

You can still play video games and play a REAL guitar and learn how to play that

I've done both
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • It's just for fun like any video game

You can still play video games and play a REAL guitar and learn how to play that

I've done both

Elitist like him, will never get it.
    "It's all happening"
  • I opened this thread with the specific intention of seeing who would be the jackass to post something about "just join a real band" comment. Congrats, you win Patrick! If your not a gamer, why read and put down those who are? I mean I'm not homosexual...but I'm not gonna call you a fag.

I did some thinking of how to respond to your comments. So here it goes.

First off I take my hat off and thank you and everyone for this award of being the ''jackass''. It means so much. :D Something told me I was gonna get hit with shit for my remarks in this thread. But I went ahead with it anyway. With the month I've had nothing anybody says will bother me right now. So why do you take so offense to remarks about a video game I made?

I asked what's the point and really went easy on my remarks. If I remember correctly sarcaism always makes it interesting around here. So if I ruffled your feathers so sorry and get over it.

Nope I'm not a gamer and that's fine with me. When I babysit my nephews and niece I'll play video games with them. I just grew out of that faze of playing video games. You and everyone else that enjoy it have a great time. Just cause some of us don't play don't get bitchy when we have a little fun with you. I can't tell you how many times I've waited on freinds cause they are finishing up a game. Oh well I guess. LOL

Say whatever else you want to say. I'm washing my hands of this and moving on.

peace
  • I have played guitar for 11 years...and GH fucking ROCKS...loads of fun. Doesn't matter if you are a gamer/guitar player/or whatever...this game is fun and Rock Band looks sweet as well. Not trying to be a pompous asshole, but video games can be fun every once in a while...plus it gives you the opportunity to play with your friends who dont play the "real" guitar. Overall good times!
    I'm trying to drink away the part of the day I cannot sleep away...
  • My room mates and I have been playing Rock Band all evening. It's the most fun we've had in some time. You can play at your own skill level even within the band, which is awesome. so i'm not bored, and they aren't horrible. The drums were tricky at first, but a few songs in and I was golden.

Very fun, glad I got it. Having some friends over tomorrow night also.
    VHC member #155***

Ft Lauderdale '96:::West Palm Beach '98:::Tampa '00:::Tampa '03:::Camden 1&2 '06::: DC '06:::West Palm Beach '08:::Tampa '08:::Columbia '08:::Virginia Beach '08

• We got it last night...it's so much fun! I've been doing the singing; my husband's been doing the guitar (he's a guitar hero vet).

So far, I like "Maps" the best on touring mode. We have a little baby, so once 11pm rolled around, we had to quit! I miss being able to stay up all night!

Some songs are so much harder to sing than others & I had no idea that "Mississippi Queen" actually had lyrics! Also, I like when you use the mic for mini percussion like cowbell (woot!) and tambourine.

Haven't played with the drums yet...they look cool.
    "I can only be as good as you'll let me."
  • inmyrvminmyrvm Posts: 933
    It's just for fun like any video game

I've done both
    exactly
    "Fuck the talkin' let's start rockin" - Eddie Vedder 9-5-00 Pittsburgh
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh 5/3/03 State College 7/12/03 Hershey 10/1/04 Reading 9/28/05 Pittsburgh 5/20/06 Cleveland 6/23/06 Pittsburgh 6/22/08 DC

friends don't let friends listen to good charlotte
  • It's just for fun like any video game

I've done both

Another vote for what this guy said...

I have played guitar for the majority of my life and currently play in a couple of different real bands. These games are a ton of fun and offer a unique twist on traditional video games. Of course my wife wasn't thrilled when she saw all the "instruments" scattered all over the floor in front of the TV when there are real instruments occupying the other side of the basement... lol
  • Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,812
    can't wait to get home and play!!! :whine!:
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥