I'm going to Amsterdam this weekend

1235»

Comments

• I don't know what to say about that. :D Glad to see you back online though.
  • So then Saturday we did a pub crawl along the red light district :o what a fucking place... some of it is just completely WRONG... and having seen the behaviour of most of the lads around there from now on I'm never ever sleeping with anyone ever again until they answer one question 'have you ever been to Amsterdam'? If they have, I'm simply not shagging them :D . Then we went to one of the sex shows. It was weird to see the place mostly full of groups of girls. It was a pretty bad act though... there were even two Irish lads sitting in front of us and they were texting and chatting the whole way through it... even turned around and started chatting us up at one stage what a strange place to be chatted up, lol.

Then we met up with the others and went for dinner and that was ANOTHER kinda sex show with that pair... jaysus! I ended up in A&E that night though :o . One second I was fine, then suddenly I wanted water. So I got a pint of water, downed it, got another, downed it and a third and pretty much downed it too and suddenly my head just felt really weird and I just said 'I have to get out of here' and just walked out on them... went back to the hotel and went into the bar, downed another 3 pints of water and thought 'this really can't be good, I have to stop drinking so much water' and went to the toilet and saw I had this really weird rash on my face and neck and then I really started freaking out so I asked at reception for a doctor and they sent me to the hospital and they tested to see if my drink had been spiked or something but there was nothing. By the time they got the results I was feeling much more normal and the rash had gone completely. I must have been allergic to something in the restaurant but it was really really weird.

Then I was annoyed with her for just letting me leave like that... she said she thought I was just pissed off but she's NEVER seen me order water in a bar, never mind 3 pints of it in about 5 minutes, then telling her I feel weird and that I have to get out of there... I never leave a pub at 11pm and she just said 'ok see ya later'. So yesterday morning was pretty tense but then we'd a nice day and did the canal trip and a wee pub crawl. We were sitting in one and I was pretty much falling asleep but there was one across the road that seemed to be calling to me, lol, so I said 'if we stay here we'll be asleep on the table' and she didn't want to leave cos her feet were sore :rolleyes: even though it was about 5 steps... so for once I put my foot down and stood up and said 'right come on' and we went over there and as soon as I went in the door the first notes of 'once' were on... and the next half hour (which was all the time we had) was ALL PJ... so I guess that was a nice end to the trip. I was glad to get home last night though.

Glad your ok and made it home safe. :)
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    I kinda had a time like that the first time I was in Amsterdam. Ended up waiting on my friend and being in places I didn't wanna be in.

Sometimes its ok to travel on yer own, cos ye never know what people are like till ye go on holidays with them!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • LindaLinda Posts: 1,656
    next time, helen, i will keep you safe in this dangerous yet awesome city....;)
    i'm not happy yet.....
  • Jennytree wrote:
    I kinda had a time like that the first time I was in Amsterdam. Ended up waiting on my friend and being in places I didn't wanna be in.

Sometimes its ok to travel on yer own, cos ye never know what people are like till ye go on holidays with them!
    :o sorry it happened to you too but glad I'm not the only one. I would have actually felt much safer if I were on my own... sounds nuts but it's true! Never mind not travelling with her again, I'm never actually gonna see her again cos she's done stuff like that too many times in Dublin but at least I know this place.

I did actually enjoy it though... I think :D . Don't mean to make it all sound bad... I'd go back again to get a different impression of it.

Thanks Linda :o . Shit, do you live in amsterdam? :eek: why didn't we meet? Lol. Another problem too was that too many people had given both of us way too many warnings and there really was no need for it. It's the same as any other city in that it's stupid not to watch your belongings and try and be aware at all times... it didn't come across as any worse.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    Linda wrote:
    next time, helen, i will keep you safe in this dangerous yet awesome city....;)
    Now see, I didn't find it dangerous. I mean, a bit sketchy sometimes, but not dangerous. I had been there 2 days with a friend and he showed me around. A week later I spent a whole week there myself. I had a great time. I never felt in danger, met some really nice people. Can't wait to go back. :)
    Helen, sounds like you may have been overdosed with msg at the chinese place. Do you eat alot of chinese food? I can't handle msg and get really thirsty and light headed.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • I don't know what to say about that. :D Glad to see you back online though.
    thanks you and Patrick. I was definitely glad and relieved to be home in one piece. I did have a bad feeling heading off and even said it to my friend. But it obviously coulda been much worse so I'm not gonna moan anymore. These things happen I suppose but it's a beautiful city and I really wanna see more of the pubs... so much character to them and hearing so much PJ in the very last pub I went to was kinda like a sign saying 'this place can actually be warm and welcoming if you go to the right places' so it was a really nice way to end it. It sounds weird, lol, but once again PJ helped out :D and kinda made me feel all warm and fuzzy and like I felt at home :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • TrixieCat wrote:
    Now see, I didn't find it dangerous. I mean, a bit sketchy sometimes, but not dangerous. I had been there 2 days with a friend and he showed me around. A week later I spent a whole week there myself. I had a great time. I never felt in danger, met some really nice people. Can't wait to go back. :)
    Helen, sounds like you may have been overdosed with msg at the chinese place. Do you eat alot of chinese food? I can't handle msg and get really thirsty and light headed.
    I agree, I didn't find it dangerous either. But just that night walking from our pub in the red light district on me own to try and find a taxi when my head was all over the place and I didn't know what was going on... that was a bit freaky but still nobody approached me or freaked me out or anything.

I don't know about a lot of chinese food but every couple of weeks I'd eat some. I did eat a LOT that night, cos the food was good :D so it's possible. It was only after they'd tested for drugs and everything that I thought it must be an allergy. I was delighted it wasn't drugs though... when the doctor said to me 'there are no drugs in your system' I was wondering how often she gets to say that :D

I'd definitely go back again... maybe even on my own and stay in a hostel or something so I can meet like minded people who just wanna have a good time and go with the flow. I hate this shit of having plans and having to stick to them, especially when you don't particularly care for the people your holiday seems to be revolving around.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • I was just looking at your profile Helen... because I do that ;) and I just realised you're only a couple of weeks younger than me.

Just saying. :D (I didn't want to send you a pm just to tell you that). :D
  • I was just looking at your profile Helen... because I do that ;) and I just realised you're only a couple of weeks younger than me.

Just saying. :D (I didn't want to send you a pm just to tell you that). :D
    :D ok!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • :D ok!

:D

'I'll get my coat...' :D
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    I know... I'll never go on holiday with non-PJ people ever again :D .
    that's the spirit! :D
    seriously, unless you're going somewhere to party (in which case you're with partying buddies anyway :p), then it's better to travel alone or with a REALLY good friend you know well and has the same goals for the trip as you.

you're coming to Seattle and Oktoberfest with us next year, that's settled :p
  • Pegasus wrote:
    seriously, unless you're going somewhere to party (in which case you're with partying buddies anyway :p), then it's better to travel alone or with a REALLY good friend you know well and has the same goals for the trip as you.

DEFINITELY Oktoberfest anyway, I can't miss out on THAT one again :D . Seattle will depend on money... obviously I'd absolutely love to. I kinda knew it was gonna go pear shaped... but she had given the impression that we'd let them do their own thing anyway and that we weren't gonna be wasting time on them... but it turned out almost the opposite. Also, she wasn't feeling well on Friday which was fair enough but I couldn't really enjoy myself obviously cos you have to make sure she's alright... which I'd still do again for anybody but I'd also hope they'd do the same in return. I wasn't expecting her to come back to the hotel with me, but just make sure I got into a taxi ok, which I'd done for her TWICE the day before.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Pegasus wrote:

Whats happening in Seattle?!

I didn't find Amsterdam to be any more dangerous than any other city tbh, its lovely to walk around and I liked it much more when I went on my own the second time!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Jennytree wrote:

I didn't find Amsterdam to be any more dangerous than any other city tbh, its lovely to walk around and I liked it much more when I went on my own the second time!
    Seattle Jammers 08 meeting..basically an excuse for everyone from the Euro tours to meet again without having to wait for the next tour!
    Seattle being geographically and spiritually the best place for Europeans, Canadians, Americans and antipodeans to regroup :)
    if there was a gig around that time , preferably at the Gorge, it would be perfect of course :D
    Vancouver will also be included in the trip (and maybe Hawaii for some of us).
    no dates fixed yet but September/October time.

Amsterdam is not worse than any big city.
  • Jennytree wrote:

It is a beautiful city indeed... I took about 150 pictures of buildings :rolleyes: bet ya can't wait til I upload THEM :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • What a weekend you had, Hels!!!!Glad you are home safe and sound :) Well as sound as when you left :p

Makes mine like pretty tame.. oh wait it was :o

One of my cousins had suggested we go to some East Indian smoke bar which I was all for(go figure :p) but we didn't make it there. Hit some lovely spots though and I really was spoiled so it is all good :)
  • What a weekend you had, Hels!!!!Glad you are home safe and sound : ) Well as sound as when you left : p

Makes mine like pretty tame.. oh wait it was :o

One of my cousins had suggested we go to some East Indian smoke bar which I was all for(go figure :p) but we didn't make it there. Hit some lovely spots though and I really was spoiled so it is all good :)
    :) no that sounds excellent! I can imagine it's beautiful where you are :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • :) no that sounds excellent! I can imagine it's beautiful where you are :o

It was a good time. My cousins paid for everything all day even my pedicure :D Spoiled indeed.

The mountains are beautiful. The burbs are beige and gray..but the mountains are beautiful :)
  • It was a good time. My cousins paid for everything all day even my pedicure :D Spoiled indeed.

The mountains are beautiful. The burbs are beige and gray..but the mountains are beautiful :)
    They always are :) hmm... I could do with visiting a mountain soon :) t'would be nice.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • They always are :) hmm... I could do with visiting a mountain soon :) t'would be nice.

I can't wait to visit an ocean soon.. maybe the Pacific :D:D;)
    Pegasus wrote:
    Seattle Jammers 08 meeting..basically an excuse for everyone from the Euro tours to meet again without having to wait for the next tour!
    Seattle being geographically and spiritually the best place for Europeans, Canadians, Americans and antipodeans to regroup :)
    if there was a gig around that time , preferably at the Gorge, it would be perfect of course :D
    Vancouver will also be included in the trip (and maybe Hawaii for some of us).
    no dates fixed yet but September/October time.

Amsterdam is not worse than any big city.

that sounds pretty awesome! Seattle was cool the few hours I was in it years ago!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • I can't wait to visit an ocean soon.. maybe the Pacific :D;)
    :) yep the pacific would be cool but the Irish sea's better :p although, yeh, I know it doesn't count as an ocean... but you really can't tell the difference when you're standing at the beach :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • :) yep the pacific would be cool but the Irish sea's better :p although, yeh, I know it doesn't count as an ocean... but you really can't tell the difference when you're standing at the beach :D

I can't wait to see the Irish Sea but for right now I have my sights set on the pacific. :)
  • pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578
    Wow, what a weekend! Glad you are back okay though. :D
    That is too bad though; whenever I've gone I've had so much fun, but I guess your company can make a difference. I think you would have been fine on your own; all the Dutch people I have met when travelling have been SUPER friendly, and you would have met like-minded travellers as well. :D

Glad to see you back anyway! :)
  • stone's cafe!
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/dreamncolor/graffitti/stonescafe.jpg
    :cool:

amsterdam is a BLAST of a city, and very beautiful indeed.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Wow, what a weekend! Glad you are back okay though. : D
    That is too bad though; whenever I've gone I've had so much fun, but I guess your company can make a difference. I think you would have been fine on your own; all the Dutch people I have met when travelling have been SUPER friendly, and you would have met like-minded travellers as well. :D

Glad to see you back anyway! :)
    :) well it just means I have to go back, doesn't it :) and definitely hostel it next time. Thanks Jen :)

Wow, that's a cool pic, I didn't see that at ALL.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life