don't we deserve a discount?

GreenTeaDiseaseGreenTeaDisease Posts: 3,359
edited November 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
My gym is renovating the showers for the next 4 weeks. For someone who likes to work out in the morning before work, this is a huge inconvenience, especially since the gym is a 20 minute walk from my house. But here is the kicker- don't you think we should all get discounts? I mean part of the membership price includes the cost of hot water, and there is no hot water for four weeks- no showers, no sauna, no whirlpool. Plus, I also pay $10/month for towel service. If there's no wet area, I don't need a bath towel, now do I? Am I wrong to think this is wrong? I mean, tonight I am going to ask if I can cut my towel service for a month. But I've heard people talking in the locker room and one of my friends goes to this gym and everyone's pretty peeved.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    you should have a discount... at least the $10 you pay for towel
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • My gym is renovating the showers for the next 4 weeks. For someone who likes to work out in the morning before work, this is a huge inconvenience, especially since the gym is a 20 minute walk from my house. But here is the kicker- don't you think we should all get discounts? I mean part of the membership price includes the cost of hot water, and there is no hot water for four weeks- no showers, no sauna, no whirlpool. Plus, I also pay $10/month for towel service. If there's no wet area, I don't need a bath towel, now do I? Am I wrong to think this is wrong? I mean, tonight I am going to ask if I can cut my towel service for a month. But I've heard people talking in the locker room and one of my friends goes to this gym and everyone's pretty peeved.

If they're not providing one or more of the services you are paying for, then you absolutely deserve a discount.

Start a revolution! :) Get your money back!
  • rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    hell yeah you deserve a discount!

why pay 100% of the membership fee if you don't have access to 100% of the gym?

and it's not like a treadmill is down... the showers are a pretty big deal!
  • My gym is renovating the showers for the next 4 weeks. For someone who likes to work out in the morning before work, this is a huge inconvenience, especially since the gym is a 20 minute walk from my house. But here is the kicker- don't you think we should all get discounts? I mean part of the membership price includes the cost of hot water, and there is no hot water for four weeks- no showers, no sauna, no whirlpool. Plus, I also pay $10/month for towel service. If there's no wet area, I don't need a bath towel, now do I? Am I wrong to think this is wrong? I mean, tonight I am going to ask if I can cut my towel service for a month. But I've heard people talking in the locker room and one of my friends goes to this gym and everyone's pretty peeved.

Yes, you deserve a discount, my gym closes for around two weeks every December for maintenance and such and we don't get any discount for that. I find it to be really unfair having to pay full price for something if you are not getting the full package.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    My gym is renovating the showers for the next 4 weeks. For someone who likes to work out in the morning before work, this is a huge inconvenience, especially since the gym is a 20 minute walk from my house. But here is the kicker- don't you think we should all get discounts? I mean part of the membership price includes the cost of hot water, and there is no hot water for four weeks- no showers, no sauna, no whirlpool. Plus, I also pay $10/month for towel service. If there's no wet area, I don't need a bath towel, now do I? Am I wrong to think this is wrong? I mean, tonight I am going to ask if I can cut my towel service for a month. But I've heard people talking in the locker room and one of my friends goes to this gym and everyone's pretty peeved.

i'd give you a discount and then when the showers are renovated i'd charge you extra to use the new fancy powerful showers ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • well you don't get anything unless you ask ;)

I'd imagine you would... but try asking first and THEN if they say no, come back here and complain :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • well you don't get anything unless you ask ;)

I'd imagine you would... but try asking first and THEN if they say no, come back here and complain :)

well I wanted to check first and see if people thought it was a crazy thing to ask for.
  • well I wanted to check first and see if people thought it was a crazy thing to ask for.
    definitely not! Cos it's a very big inconvenience! You HAVE to shower after the gym :o some people may choose not to go for that reason alone.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    You should probably read your gym contract to see what it promises. It might have a disclaimer about repairs/renovations and such.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008