Love for Uggs

GraySaturdayGraySaturday Posts: 2,878
edited November 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
I must admit.. I bought my first pair of Ugg boots last night and they are SOOOO comfortable.

I didn't know they are originally after surfing boots. I may never want to wear normal shoes again.. I feel like I'm walking on clouds.

http://www.thewalkingcompany.com/common/Product.aspx?ProductID=2412&pagetag=women_ugg&source=Brand

I got these ones, the sand colored paisely.

Do any of you have Uggs?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    my girlfriend loves her uggs.

i must admit, they do look comfortable as shit!
  • LindaLinda Posts: 1,656
    i bought them, and wear them ever since.......cant be bothered to take them off

http://www.uggaustralia.com/ProductDetails.aspx?gID=w&categoryID=283&productID=5382&model=Brooks+Tall
    i'm not happy yet.....
  • I don't know if it is just a local thing around here but there is a fascination with girls wearing those things with a mini skirt, I fucking hate that look beyond description.

I don't know why and I can't place my finger on. Maybe because my mind can't comprehend winterboots and a mini skirt. It's like wearing flip flops, a bananna hammock and a parka.
    I was taught a month ago to bide my time and take it slow, but then I learned just yesterday to rush and never waste a day. Now I'm convinced the whole day long that all I've learned is always wrong. Things are true that I forget, but no one taught that to me yet
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    I don't know if it is just a local thing around here but there is a fascination with girls wearing those things with a mini skirt, I fucking hate that look beyond description.

I don't know why and I can't place my finger on. Maybe because my mind can't comprehend winterboots and a mini skirt. It's like wearing flip flops, a bananna hammock and a parka.

Yeah, I think it is pretty retarded too. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing chicks in mini-skirts but the ugg boots are just ridiculous and I'm hoping this "trend" dies soon.
  • TrailerTrailer Posts: 1,431
    I must admit.. I bought my first pair of Ugg boots last night and they are SOOOO comfortable.

I didn't know they are originally after surfing boots. I may never want to wear normal shoes again.. I feel like I'm walking on clouds.

http://www.thewalkingcompany.com/common/Product.aspx?ProductID=2412&pagetag=women_ugg&source=Brand

I got these ones, the sand colored paisely.

Do any of you have Uggs?

Just don't tuck your pants into your boots. For a little while in L.A., every girl who was trying to be trendy was doing that. Usually the girls looked pretty stupid... unless the girl was smoking hot.

So I guess if you're smoking hot then you can get away with it:D
    Whoa, chill bro... you know you can't raise your voice like that when the lion's here.
  • LindaLinda Posts: 1,656
    Trailer wrote:
    Just don't tuck your pants into your boots. For a little while in L.A., every girl who was trying to be trendy was doing that. Usually the girls looked pretty stupid... unless the girl was smoking hot.

i'm smoking...ha!

don't worry, i'll wear them under the jeans, low waist, is that ok with you? ;)
    i'm not happy yet.....
  • Trailer wrote:

Well here in Chicago I wont be wearing them with my mini skirts any time soon.. I'm freezing! I do tuck my jeans into them though... Hopefully I am smoking hot.
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    I have a couple pair that I love. I've had them for 20 years or so though. I definitely don't wear them as much as I used to but I still can't get rid of them. I've since gotten better snow boots and they aren't the best in the rain. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • i love uggs but i don't have em... i think it's kinda dumb to wear them here in miami except a few days a year.
    08 6/11 WPB 6/12 Tampa 6/24,25 MSG, 8/7 Ed @ Newark
    07 8/5 Lolla 8/2 VIC
    06 7/22,23 Gorge 7/20 Ptl
    04 10/8 VFC Kissimmee
    03 4/11 WPB, 4/12 HOB Orlando, 7/8,9 MSG
    00 8/24 Jones Bch 8/9,10 WPB
    1998 9/22,23 WPB 1996 10/7 Ft Laud 1994 3/28 Miami
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    They are probably comfortable but I just think they are ugly..I feel the same way about crocs..yuck...I like my shoes pretty and impractical :D
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • TrailerTrailer Posts: 1,431
    Linda wrote:
    i'm smoking...ha!

don't worry, i'll wear them under the jeans, low waist, is that ok with you? ;)

I already know you are smoking, so anything you do with your uggs is okay with me!!
    Well here in Chicago I wont be wearing them with my mini skirts any time soon.. I'm freezing! I do tuck my jeans into them though... Hopefully I am smoking hot.

Maybe you should try tucking your mini skirt into your uggs;)... yes, that's what you should do! and then take a picture for us to see:D
    Whoa, chill bro... you know you can't raise your voice like that when the lion's here.
  • bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    mca47 wrote:
    Yeah, I think it is pretty retarded too. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing chicks in mini-skirts but the ugg boots are just ridiculous and I'm hoping this "trend" dies soon.

That's the thing around here too, and I'm completely going to agree with you! Mini-skirts are fine and dandy...but ugg boots are just....stupid looking.
  • pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578
    I have Uggs, but it doesn't get cold enough where I live to wear them...but they were a lifesaver when I lived in Eastern Europe...so toasty and warm! :D I do have Ugg slippers though that I wear here (wearing them now) super cute and comfy.

I don't get the trend of wearing them with a mini skirt--if it is warm enough to wear a mini, you needen't wear Uggs....however, as far as tucking them into jeans, some of the styles are meant to be that way (the ones with the designs on them; I just have the standard tall Uggs though). I like to think I am smoking hot though! :p
  • I LOVE mine!! My first pair I literally wore until there were holes in the sheepskin and I just looked ridiculous.

At the Bridge Benefit this year, Pegi (Young) came out in an awesome black dress and these great black Uggs, and I was so in love with the way it looked that I bought a pair of black Uggs pretty much the next day. LOVE them.
    "If you're looking for someone to pull you out of that ditch, you're out of luck."
  • I've got these :)http://www.koolaburra.com/
    They're so comfy and warm. I love them.
    A little too big, tho, next pair I should get the right
    size, so my feet will look better in them.
    I don't care now, cause theyre just so warm and comfy.
    I also have a fake pair of black ones... :o
    Not as warm as the real ones, but comfy too. ;)
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    I do tuck my jeans into them though... Hopefully I am smoking hot.

From that pic I saw . . . yes.

My roommate lives in her Uggs. I think they're surgically attached to her feet. I even made fun of her for wearing them actually. :)
    NERDS!
  • Wow I didn't expect this to be a topic about boots when I read the title.
  • keeping Aussie feet warm for over a century :D

my most recent pair are bright pink with betty boop on the side :eek:
    wah
  • HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    Used to wear mine heaps over the years, but lately it just seems like the winters here just don't get cold enough to warrant digging the ugg boots out from the bottom of the wardrobe.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • prljamgirlprljamgirl Edmonton, AB Posts: 602
    I just bought my first pair a few weeks ago, tall black ones.......I love them, but they dyed my feet black. I especially loved that I wasn't going to have to wear socks in them, but I guess I need to.
  • in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    Trailer wrote:

I don't have any of those boots, but I kind of want some now!! :)
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • I don't know if it is just a local thing around here but there is a fascination with girls wearing those things with a mini skirt, I fucking hate that look beyond description.

I hate this too! If it is cold enough for the boots, it is too cold for a miniskirt, and if it is warm enough for a miniskirt it is too warm for the boots. When I was in grad school at duke, all the little undergrads would run around campus in this ensemble, and it just looked so stupid!

I've always sort of wanted a pair (to wear with pants! or tights! or something warm!) but I just can't see how they would work on me and my clothes. I definitely feel like they are one of those things that only looks normal on really tall, thin people. I think if wore them I would just look like some kind of mountain woman midget.
  • i didn't know so many people lked them...if they are comfortable then they are still SUPER UGLY!!!!!! i hate it when i see them on girls in skirts.........or in a warm season it looks sooo dumb...looks like they are trying to be trendy when uggs i thought burned out.....my bad i guess.....i have been a summer camp counselor a few times...and one of the camp's campers is mostly well-to-do kids from the detroit suburbs and they wore uggs all summer at camp and it made me want to burn all pairs of uggs that i saw that summer!!! ok that is all....enjoy your uggs..in season....with jeans.....:)
  • DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    I think I saw a couple bag ladys wearing these in Chinatown.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    I bought a pair last year - they are the knit cream ones. I just love them!
    I love wearing them out w/no socks....I NEVER want to take them off!

Originally I just wore them in my house, but now I wear them out as well - too comfy to take off. I just want another pair that are darker b/c if I keep wearing these out they will get really dirty.
  • I bought a pair last year - they are the knit cream ones. I just love them!
    I love wearing them out w/no socks....I NEVER want to take them off!

Originally I just wore them in my house, but now I wear them out as well - too comfy to take off. I just want another pair that are darker b/c if I keep wearing these out they will get really dirty.

when you wear them with no socks, don't they get all smelly and icky inside? I hate those furry slippers because of that. ewww. that's another reason I've never gotten them, they kinda seem like germ breeding grounds.
  • edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    when you wear them with no socks, don't they get all smelly and icky inside? I hate those furry slippers because of that. ewww. that's another reason I've never gotten them, they kinda seem like germ breeding grounds.

not at all!!!!!!!!!! mine are knit though - so they breathe. I am not sure all UGGS are like that. I suppose some would make your feet smelly - not these.
  • No, uggs are made to be worm sockless. They breathe and keep your feet room temp in cold and hot conditions
  • best investment in shoes ever. i have about thirty pairs and ive worn these probably more than half the time in the past year.
    I bought the cream Ultra Talls with the toggle in the front and the thicker sole.
    yes everyone on campus wears them with tucked in PINK sweats or jeans, and they are a cute look with a jean mini skirt... i'll take the flack for that sorry... its just how it is.
    shut the fuck up donny

u are who who u are

i used to treat you like a lady
    now you're my substitute teacher
This discussion has been closed.