Options

Operation Disk Drop

civ_eng_girlciv_eng_girl Posts: 2,001
edited November 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
Some of you may be familiar with the CBC program called The Hour, hosted by everyone's boyfriend, George Stroumboulopoulos....

Well, The Hour has cooked up a scheme to spread music to the masses, called Operation Disk Drop...

I thought this was such a cool idea... check it out:

http://www.cbc.ca/thehour/blog/drop.html :cool:

I just dropped a disk outside the Skydome, and of course, included a couple of Pearl Jam tracks, so that some random stranger can discover the greatness.... :)

Get out there.... drop some disks!!
~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    Interesting idea. Did you post your tracklisting on the website ?
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    Some of you may be familiar with the CBC program called The Hour, hosted by everyone's boyfriend, George Stroumboulopoulos....

Well, The Hour has cooked up a scheme to spread music to the masses, called Operation Disk Drop...

I thought this was such a cool idea... check it out:

http://www.cbc.ca/thehour/blog/drop.html :cool:

I just dropped a disk outside the Skydome, and of course, included a couple of Pearl Jam tracks, so that some random stranger can discover the greatness.... :)

Get out there.... drop some disks!!

VERY cool idea.......you should post your tracklisting on the Hour blog

(and this is something the people over in the Other Music forum might find interesting.......since the response here has been a little underwhelming)
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
  • Options
    Hey Guys!
    I did submit my track list to the Blog... it just hasn't been posted quite yet...

I'll copy and paste it here as soon as it pops up...

I thought about putting this in Other Music, but I knew there were a few The Hour fans here, so i thought i'd give it a try...

Now get to work on your life-changing mixes! :D
  • Options
    I did hear about this the other week on MY boyfriend's show ;) A very cool idea and once my laptop arrives, I just might do that. Very cool idea. Did you see Ben Harper on there? :D Ben & George :D
  • Options
    I did hear about this the other week on MY boyfriend's show. A very cool idea and once my laptop arrives, I just might do that. Very cool idea. Did you see Ben Harper on there? :D Ben & George :D

hey look! it's MY boyfriend's mistress! :p

do it STB! make a mix.... do it for Strombo!

(i didn't see Ben yet, but i will watch it online.... i felt the same way when he interviewed Georges St. Pierre :D George & Georges :D)
  • Options
    hey look! it's MY boyfriend's mistress! : p

do it STB! make a mix.... do it for Strombo!

(i didn't see Ben yet, but i will watch it online.... i felt the same way when he interviewed Georges St. Pierre :D George & Georges : D)

LMAO.. I think YOU are the mistress :p . George invited me out on the Ducati ;) haha.

Yes Ben & George were lovely. Make quite a sandwich :eek: ;)

You should actually watch the Alan Alda one too.. it was good.

See what I can do on that cd..