Options

Fans Of Saturday Night Live

mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
Yeah I know it's not as good as it was. And yes it's still on the air, blah blah blah. But how did I miss this?:

http://www.ucbtheatre.com/news.php?id=343

Whether you're a fan or not you have to admit that's pretty fucking cool to hold the show at UCBT with the writer's strike going on. For those who haven't been it's a tiny ass theatre with poor sound and lighting. Smallest audience to ever witness SNL! Hope they release the video at some point!

EDIT: Sorry this was intended for the AET!!!! Mods, please move!
"The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    i read about this last week......betcha anything this was funnier than anything they've done on snl in the last 5 years....:)
  • Options
    i was wondering what was goin on with the show.......only 4 epsiodes this year, then i remembered the strike...pretty cool...hope they resolve the strike soon though....i thought last year was a great year, comparatively speaking..

why was ratchel dratch there?
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    i was wondering what was goin on with the show.......only 4 epsiodes this year, then i remembered the strike...pretty cool...hope they resolve the strike soon though....i thought last year was a great year, comparatively speaking..

why was ratchel dratch there?

I think Dratch and Horatio Sanz were there because they have nothing else going on. Actually, Horation performs at upright pretty frequently. Dratch was actually shafted by Tina Fey. She hired her as a regular on 30 Rock only to have her written in as a quirky character here and there.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

• Options
    cutback wrote:
    i read about this last week......betcha anything this was funnier than anything they've done on snl in the last 5 years....:)

Uncensored SNL! Probably was better than anything in awhile.
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    mookie9999 wrote:
    I think Dratch and Horatio Sanz were there because they have nothing else going on. Actually, Horation performs at upright pretty frequently. Dratch was actually shafted by Tina Fey. She hired her as a regular on 30 Rock only to have her written in as a quirky character here and there.

That woman, Tina Fey, is one sexy lady.
    She's my personal number 1 celebrity crush.

She reminds me of a teacher or librarian.
    Just something about her just makes me drool.

:)
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    snl needs to accept what it has become and trim its run time down to an hour. they simply don't have the talent to do an hour and a half. that's the problem. there are ideas in there, and funny moments, but they are buried between so many terrible skits, good skits that last way too long, and other filler to be effective.
  • Options
    snl needs to accept what it has become and trim its run time down to an hour. they simply don't have the talent to do an hour and a half. that's the problem. there are ideas in there, and funny moments, but they are buried between so many terrible skits, good skits that last way too long, and other filler to be effective.

What do you think about keeping it an hour and a half but having two musical guests? Or perhaps one musical guest and one stand-up comedian? Not that it's been discussed, just a thought I've had about improving the show.
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• Options
    PEPPER wrote:
    I thought I read Loren Michaels wouldn't let Dratch go...so Fey wrote smaller parts for her..I think she was supposed to play Jenna on the show

She was already off the show, wasn't she? If she wasn't he sure as hell let her go the very next year! Plus, both are his shows, I wonder why he would care?
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• Options
    Awesome!!!

I love UCB! Amy Poeler was on their t.v. show awhile back..
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Options
    rmc1981rmc1981 Posts: 114
    PEPPER wrote:
    I thought I read Loren Michaels wouldn't let Dratch go...so Fey wrote smaller parts for her..I think she was supposed to play Jenna on the show

No it was NBC they didnt want Dratch as a co-star on the show.