Pick somewhere for me to go for my birthday!

JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
edited November 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
I wanna go somewhere for my birthday in January, but I can't decide where!

I'm looking for cheap, cheerful, few nice rock bars and lotsa shopping :D

Pick somewhere from the cheapo Ryanair list...

http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/fares.php?dest=BTS&base=DUB&pos=cday
This is me:
http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Hamburg... you'll fucking love it.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    dunkman wrote:
    Hamburg... you'll fucking love it.

is that sarcasm?!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Marina's coming to London in January so I may be heading over and there'll be a meet up whether I'm going or not. So yeh, pick London... boring as it sounds :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Oooooooohh... Pisa's nice too... should be warmer there than here too if that's something you're looking for. Otherwise Oslo was fun :) speak nicely to Pin.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Oooooooohh... Pisa's nice too... should be warmer there than here too if that's something you're looking for. Otherwise Oslo was fun :) speak nicely to Pin.

I'd love to go to somewhere Nordic, but sounds super expensive that way. Flights are cheap but everything else is pretty expensive!

Was thinking of just goin as far as Manchester... then maybe London, but was there twice and t'was ok!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Jennytree wrote:
    I'd love to go to somewhere Nordic, but sounds super expensive that way. Flights are cheap but everything else is pretty expensive!

Was thinking of just goin as far as Manchester... then maybe London, but was there twice and t'was ok!

I shall buy you a drink if you go to Manchester :)
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
    Jennytree wrote:
    is that sarcasm?!

fuck no.. the place is awesome.. the reeperbahn is world famous as a rock n roll destination!!!!

check it out on wikipedia or summat. :)

Hamburg has the fastest growing tourism industry in Germany (2005 and 2006 approx. 15%) and will most probably reach rank 10 of Europe's most visited tourist destinations by 2008.

Hamburg is best visited in spring or summer. A typical Hamburg visit includes a tour of the city hall and the grand church St. Michaelis (called the Michel), and visiting the old warehouse district (Speicherstadt) and the harbour promenade (Landungsbrücken). Sightseeing buses connect these points of interest. Of course, a visit in one of the world's largest harbours would be incomplete without having taken one of the harbour and/or canal boat tours (Große Hafenrundfahrt, Fleetfahrt) which start from the Landungsbrücken. Many visitors take a walk in the evening around the area of Reeperbahn, considered Europe's largest red light district and home of many theatres, bars and night clubs. It was in the Reeperbahn that The Beatles began their career with a 48-night residency at the Indra Club, and then another 58 nights at the Kaiserkeller, in 1960. Others prefer the laidback Schanze district with its street cafés or a barbecue on one of the beaches along the river Elbe.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Jennytree wrote:

yeh, that's true... it does add up. Hmm... yeh, manchester would be cool. Never been there.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • I shall buy you a drink if you go to Manchester :)
    there ya go then so... sorted! :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Jennytree wrote:
    I'd love to go to somewhere Nordic,

beautiful countries and that but anywhere that charges £5 for a drink is off my list straight away ;)

i really fancy going to Krakow :)
  • chinobaezachinobaeza Santiago Posts: 2,489
  • dunkman wrote:
    beautiful countries and that but anywhere that charges £5 for a drink is off my list straight away ;)

i really fancy going to Krakow :)
    that's why Scottish people never REALLY see the world :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • chinobaeza wrote:
    hahahaha... ya found the link then so? :p
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • chinobaezachinobaeza Santiago Posts: 2,489
    hahahaha... ya found the link then so? :p
    :D:D
    my fault....I swear I saw Marrakesh somewhere in the list!
  • chinobaeza wrote:
    :D:D
    my fault....I swear I saw Marrakesh somewhere in the list!
    :D yeh yeh yeh yeh yeh!!!!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    that's why Scottish people never REALLY see the world :o

thats right... Dr David Livingstone, was the first European to travel to the heart of Africa, and cross the vast African continent from west to east... oh and that guy who invented the US navy and sailed round the world.. John Paul Jones.. that was him... yeah cos they didnt see much of the world did they :p

big fuck off list of Scottish Explorers on wikipedia... i typed in "irish explorers" and there isnt even a page!!! :D probably too busy looking for things to bomb.
    well I heard about this place called Rockworld in Manchester that stays open till 7am on Friday nights... could well be super shite though!

I still can't decide... this world is just too big :o
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Jennytree wrote:
    well I heard about this place called Rockworld in Manchester that stays open till 7am on Friday nights... could well be super shite though!

I still can't decide... this world is just too big :o

Ahh Jilly's Rockworld, I used to go there quite a bit but haven't been in years, really couldn't tell you what it's like now. There are quite a few good rock bars around that area though.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • dunkman wrote:
    thats right... Dr David Livingstone, was the first European to travel to the heart of Africa, and cross the vast African continent from west to east... oh and that guy who invented the US navy and sailed round the world.. John Paul Jones.. that was him... yeah cos they didnt see much of the world did they :p

:rolleyes: yeh, they went to the cheap places :D Africa? Dirt cheap over there.
    dunkman wrote:
    big fuck off list of Scottish Explorers on wikipedia... i typed in "irish explorers" and there isnt even a page!!! :D probably too busy looking for things to bomb.
    Really? Funny how Ernest Shackleton or Tom Crean didn't come up there... Shackleton being one of the most famous of explorers :confused: that's odd...
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life

Really? Funny how Ernest Shackleton or Tom Crean didn't come up there... Shackleton being one of the most famous of explorers :confused: that's odd...

...must have cost them a fair few bob to get a pint in the Antarctic too :p
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Jennytree wrote:
    ...must have cost them a fair few bob to get a pint in the Antarctic too :p
    why do ya think they WENT to the antarctic? If they went anywhere that has a pub they'd never see anything :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Drogheda :D
    I need a coffee!
    Irish Al wrote:
    Drogheda :D

Thats a fuckin excellent idea :p

And here's me wondering why they ever put the bypass around there :D
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!

oh they would come up if i typed in their names... although Ernest Shackleton threw me as his name was far too Irish for me too type... :rolleyes: *coughEnglishmancough* ;)

on wiki there is a LIST of scottish explorers.. type in scottish explorers and all their names come up.. type in Irish explorers and you get "Michael Fagan... circumnavigated Buckingham Palace trying to shag the Queen"

both of those guys explored Antartica? why? its a vast frozen ice cap... what did they think they'd find??? golden penguins, palaces made of diamonds... no... fucking igloos and frostbite... thick fuckers :D

Jenny.. Hamburg or Edinburgh :cool:
  • dunkman wrote:
    oh they would come up if i typed in their names... although Ernest Shackleton threw me as his name was far too Irish for me too type... :rolleyes: *coughEnglishmancough* ;)

on wiki there is a LIST of scottish explorers.. type in scottish explorers and all their names come up.. type in Irish explorers and you get "Michael Fagan... circumnavigated Buckingham Palace trying to shag the Queen"

both of those guys explored Antartica? why? its a vast frozen ice cap... what did they think they'd find??? golden penguins, palaces made of diamonds... no... fucking igloos and frostbite... thick fuckers :D

Jenny.. Hamburg or Edinburgh :cool:
    He's Irish... his cousin (who I've been emailing) even wrote a book about him called 'shackleton an Irishman in antarctica' or something like that... even if you read all these kinds of books all the authors refer to him as the Irishman. Tom Crean was maybe the most amazing of all the explorers... and he was definitely Irish... even had the tricolour on his sled despite the rest having union jacks.

They didn't know what they'd find there... nobody did...
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    He's Irish... his cousin (who I've been emailing) even wrote a book about him called 'shackleton an Irishman in antarctica' or something like that... even if you read all these kinds of books all the authors refer to him as the Irishman. Tom Crean was maybe the most amazing of all the explorers... and he was definitely Irish... even had the tricolour on his sled despite the rest having union jacks.

They didn't know what they'd find there... nobody did...

aye i know.. but i was meaning his name was hardly Irish... Ernest Shackleton... fuckinghell.. stick Lord before it and it'd work a charm.

whats wrong with a good Irish name like Seamus O' Flaherty.... oh wait Shackletons mum and dad were English gentry werent they ;)

you've missed me point a bit.. type "scottish explorers" into wiki and you get a list of scottish explorers.. type "irish explorers" into wiki and its says "no such page exists"..

now i know that they exist but there isnt enough of them to create a wikilist... maybe help them out ;)
  • jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    I saw a documentary about Shackleton, he looked and sounded just like Kenneth Brannagh ie, posh and English. Actually, maybe it was a movie. Was he Irish really? He was a brave bastard, watch the film.
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
    Cheers for staying on topic lads :p

grrr... I still can't decide :(
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    Jennytree wrote:
    Cheers for staying on topic lads :p

grrr... I still can't decide :(

i fancy other weirder places like Riga or Tallin (sp?)... the Baltic states basically...

strangely enough i have no interest in places like Rome, Paris, Madrid.. i'd rather go to Bucharest or Prague or summat :confused: my dream destination is Moscow.. well any big Russian city actually.. :cool:
  • dunkman wrote:

you've missed me point a bit.. type "scottish explorers" into wiki and you get a list of scottish explorers.. type "irish explorers" into wiki and its says "no such page exists"..
    but I've never heard of any of them :confused:

We could also have added St. Brendan (who they reckon discovered America) and Irish monks used to do PLENTY of travelling back in the day and discovered quite a few places but just never took the credit for them.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life