Mizzou will beat KU at Arrowhead this year

2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
edited November 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
KU is going down and will help us get to a national championship. Debate.
www.cluthelee.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708

I hope they both lose.

Go Ducks!
    NERDS!
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    I'm probably partial as I grew up in Missouri and was raised a Mizzou fan, but I really think the Tigers are the better team. I predict a double digit victory. Down with the Jayhawks. Will that be enough to go to the title game? Maybe with an equally impressive win over Oklahoma in the Big 12 title game.
  • If Mizzou wins out (vs KU and Sooners), they probably will still be the odd-team out of BCS championship. LSU and Oregon would likely remain as higher-ranked one-loss teams.

Ironically enough, if KU wins out (vs Mizzou and Sooners), it is very likely that they will be in the BCS championship, thanks in large part to being the only undefeated team from a BCS conference.

If Oklahoma wins the Big 12 title, it would be very interesting to see if a win over a top five ranked Kansas/Missouri would vault them over an idle Oregon team, who doesn't have a conference championship game like LSU and Oklahoma.
  • stylo17stylo17 Posts: 1,001
    i havent seen any team play this year so i'm really excited for that game (mizzou v. ku). it's hard to consider them good teams because their reputations arent special but then again college football this year is up in the air. but from what i hear they both deserve their respective rankings so it should be a great game. hopefully they can remain unbeaten until then.
    6/11/08 WPB

♬♪♫ and I will not, grow tired of crayon stars and fire

♬♪♫ cause a soldier's death is so much better than defeat just hanging around
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    If Oklahoma wins the Big 12 title, it would be very interesting to see if a win over a top five ranked Kansas/Missouri would vault them over an idle Oregon team, who doesn't have a conference championship game like LSU and Oklahoma.

it worked for florida last year.
    it worked for florida last year.

who then proceeded to thoroughly destroy ohio st. it may happen again this year. who knows.
    6/11/08 WPB

• South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    The Pac-10 often gets screwed by this (No Conference Championship)

It happened in 01 when we were number 2 and Nebraska Jumped over us to get pounded by Miami.

I think that's why the Pac-10 started having a Basketball tourney at the end of the Season. It was hurting the seeds for March Madness.
    NERDS!
    The Pac-10 often gets screwed by this (No Conference Championship)

It happened in 01 when we were number 2 and Nebraska Jumped over us to get pounded by Miami.

I think that's why the Pac-10 started having a Basketball tourney at the end of the Season. It was hurting the seeds for March Madness.

the big ten gets hurt by it too. next week is the last set of games for the big ten. lsu will play 2 more weeks than these other conferences. ohio state had almost 2 months between their last game and the national championship to go ice cold. the pac-10 and big ten both lose by finishing earlier. i don't know why they don't fix it.
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    The Big 12 can knock themselves right out of the BCS......just like they did when Texas beat Nebraska (1st Big 12 Championship game) or when A.M. took out K-State in the championship game.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    i don't know why they don't fix it.
    Maybe because they have not figured out that the College Football World no longer spins on them as its axis????
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • I agree with Mookie, even if they win, they won't be in the ship. It's fucking obvious that the BCS wants LSU in there....hell they lost to Kentucky, and were back at number 2 just a couple weeks later...that's beyond me!!!!!!!!!
    "It's all happening"
    I agree with Mookie, even if they win, they won't be in the ship. It's fucking obvious that the BCS wants LSU in there....hell they lost to Kentucky, and were back at number 2 just a couple weeks later...that's beyond me!!!!!!!!!

which one-loss team has a better loss? or if you're talking about kansas... they will be in if they win out. not a doubt in my mind.
    I agree with Mookie, even if they win, they won't be in the ship. It's fucking obvious that the BCS wants LSU in there....hell they lost to Kentucky, and were back at number 2 just a couple weeks later...that's beyond me!!!!!!!!!

cause week in and week out they play tough SEC opponents and find a way to win (except Kentucky).
    6/11/08 WPB

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090

wow, i can predict the future! look out people, my team is #1 and is going to the BCS national championship this year. oregon blew it and KU wasn't even that good to begin with.
    www.cluthelee.com
    wow, i can predict the future! look out people, my team is #1 and is going to the BCS national championship this year. oregon blew it and KU wasn't even that good to begin with.

KU played well. you take away a number of early ku mistakes and turnovers and mizzou might not have won that one. had they not missed 2 easy field goals, that game woulda been tied before the safety. not saying mizzou isn't a fantastic team (they were definitely better and im stoked to see them play wvu in the championship), just saying you can't take anything away from kansas playing a tough game against a great team. the fact that they only lost by a touchdown despite so many mistakes (turnovers and missed kicks) shows they were for real. they had the misfortune to have their worst game against a team playing absolutely flawless football.
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,963
    KU played well. you take away a number of early ku mistakes and turnovers and mizzou might not have won that one. had they not missed 2 easy field goals, that game woulda been tied before the safety. not saying mizzou isn't a fantastic team (they were definitely better and im stoked to see them play wvu in the championship), just saying you can't take anything away from kansas playing a tough game against a great team. the fact that they only lost by a touchdown despite so many mistakes (turnovers and missed kicks) shows they were for real. they had the misfortune to have their worst game against a team playing absolutely flawless football.

Mizzou looked great the other day. And how about that LSU/Ark game...awesome finish!!!
    I love to turn you on
  • Mizzou looked great the other day. And how about that LSU/Ark game...awesome finish!!!

I only watched 2 football games this weekend, one was LSU/Arkansas and the other was Kentucky/Tenn. I've got enough overtime to keep me happy til next season!
    "It's all happening"
  • wow, i can predict the future! look out people, my team is #1 and is going to the BCS national championship this year.

Mizzou still has to beat the Sooners in the Big 12 title game before looking ahead to the BCS game. Can't believe the #1 team in the nation is still an underdog against Oklahoma. Seeing as how it's on a neutral field inside a dome, Mizzou should be given the slight edge.

If Mizzou loses, Ohio State will be sending them a nice fruit basket as thanks.
  • BrainOfJHABrainOfJHA KC Posts: 695
    Mizzou looked great the other day. And how about that LSU/Ark game...awesome finish!!!

I'm glad LSU lost, might spead up the process of gettin Bo Pelini back to where he belongs... Nebraska!
    and I kinda hope Mizzou beats OU, looks good for the Big 12 North
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    Mizzou still has to beat the Sooners in the Big 12 title game before looking ahead to the BCS game. Can't believe the #1 team in the nation is still an underdog against Oklahoma. Seeing as how it's on a neutral field inside a dome, Mizzou should be given the slight edge.

If Mizzou loses, Ohio State will be sending them a nice fruit basket as thanks.

I'd imagine there will be a lot more OU fans at the game considering it's about a six hour drive from Norman to S.A. versus a 13 hour or so drive from Columbia. But yeah, I agree, Mizzou is ranked first and is listed as a underdog, that doesn't make much sense to me. Mizzou's only loss this season is to OU though, remember that.
    gabers wrote:
    I'd imagine there will be a lot more OU fans at the game considering it's about a six hour drive from Norman to S.A. versus a 13 hour or so drive from Columbia. But yeah, I agree, Mizzou is ranked first and is listed as a underdog, that doesn't make much sense to me. Mizzou's only loss this season is to OU though, remember that.

well, like someone else pointed out... how fucked up is it that the highest ranked team in the sec (georgia) isnt even playing in the sec championship? this season has been a weird one all around. hell, illinois wasn't ranked when they were favored over a highly ranked wisconsin team earlier this season.

i'd take mizzou over oklahoma in a bet though.