Options

Boundries? What Boundries?!

eoboeobo Posts: 102
edited November 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
Does anyone else love to stop and apreciate how the web is a borderless, worldwide and generally phenomenal invention.

Here I am communicating with people from every which place, being exposed to so many different cultures and ideas, yet not leaving the house.

The internet reeks of freedom.
heh, keep her lit.

Dublin, 23/08/2006 = Lifechanging! X D

Katowice, 13/06/2007 = Phenomenal = )

London, 18/06/2007 = Pretty darn sweet = )

London Poster Wanted, PM if you have one for sale = )
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    That is pretty cool especially when i get email from my friends down in Australia. They're 14 hours ahed of us.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    stylo17stylo17 Posts: 1,001
    lol i was about to google what "boundries" were, then i just read this.

yea it is really cool how it all works
    6/11/08 WPB

♬♪♫ and I will not, grow tired of crayon stars and fire

♬♪♫ cause a soldier's death is so much better than defeat just hanging around
  • Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    It's pretty sweet. Lots of people want to say that the internet is bad. But, man, it is very practical. I had a bit of food left out for a while and accumulated a bunch of fruitflies. I kept thinking, how am I gonna get rid of these suckers? Google it.

It became quickly apparent what to do, almost so obvious that I should have thought of it. Attract them towards some jar or something by placing something they like into it, then cover the opening in wrap and poke a few holes in it. A day later, you got a bunch of fruitflies in a jar that can't get out.

I might have never thought of doing that. I use it all the time for stuff like that. My refridgerator was leaking water into the crisper. I could see it running down the back of inside of the fridge. I googled fridge schematics and discovered a hose disconnected on the rear of my fridge!

The power of the internet is incalculable.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    eobo wrote:
    Does anyone else love to stop and apreciate how the web is a borderless, worldwide and generally phenomenal invention.

Here I am communicating with people from every which place, being exposed to so many different cultures and ideas, yet not leaving the house.

The internet reeks of freedom.

Yeah. I never would have met my husband (or our child, for that matter ;)) if not for this board, in particular!

It's amazing. I love the fact that I can know people from all over the world, and communicate with and learn from them on a daily basis. :)
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    It's pretty sweet. Lots of people want to say that the internet is bad. But, man, it is very practical. I had a bit of food left out for a while and accumulated a bunch of fruitflies. I kept thinking, how am I gonna get rid of these suckers? Google it.

It became quickly apparent what to do, almost so obvious that I should have thought of it. Attract them towards some jar or something by placing something they like into it, then cover the opening in wrap and poke a few holes in it. A day later, you got a bunch of fruitflies in a jar that can't get out.

I might have never thought of doing that. I use it all the time for stuff like that. My refridgerator was leaking water into the crisper. I could see it running down the back of inside of the fridge. I googled fridge schematics and discovered a hose disconnected on the rear of my fridge!

The power of the internet is incalculable.

I love that. I feel like I learn something new, with the help of the internet, a few times a week.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    I love that. I feel like I learn something new, with the help of the internet, a few times a week.

The same can be said for medical issues especially can be helpful when one has children.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

This discussion has been closed.