Cancer (Testicular)...anyone?

Spot In The SkySpot In The Sky Posts: 1,175
edited November 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
Why not threads on cancer? Too heavy?

i MAY know a young lad, around the age of 23 who may be a little worried about a hypothetical bump/lump he may have found in the privacy of his own room. Hes a little worried. He is also one of those people who puts things off out of fear of the answer.
He hasnt had a physical since he applied for college, over 5 years ago and is scared to find out the truth.
Anyone here have cancer- how long did you wait to find out? Whatd you do?
Should I......err....HE....suck it up and go to the doctor? What kind of doctor is that anyway? Ive never heard of a cancer doctor. HE is afrad to tell his parents or anyone
"The world is dangerous, feel safe here tonight..." EV 9/17/06

38+6 shows at the age of 27 and counting...but still no Undone

My podcast: Hotel Manager Talk- Dedicated to Hotel Employees, tell your friends. http://www.HotelManagerTalk.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    Just fucking go to the doctor man, or rather tell him to go to the doctor. There's always a good chance it can be sorted, but the chances decrease the longer it's delayed, there's no place for bashfulness with the C word, just get it seen to, first thing, go, now!
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • heath is everything. Believe me.. Go to your regular Dr. If they need to recommend someone else, they will surely have a list. Best of luck.
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    if it is cancer, it's not gonna go away if you ignore it.....so go to the doc...have him grab your sack and find out for sure.....just like every woman should check their breasts, every guy should check the sack.....:)
  • Easiest operation ever. It's outside the body. If it's malignant and a microscopic piece breaks loose, it will spread. The stupidest decision ever is not to go to the doc. drag him there personally, you very well may be saving his life.
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • HartydogHartydog Posts: 2,060
    get it checked out. it's probably nothing but testicular cancer is most prevalent in young men. Good luck.
    Boston 9-28-04, 5-24-06, 5-25-06, 5-17-10, 8-5-16, 8-7-16, 9-2-18, 9-4-18
    Hartford 5-13-06, 6-27-08, 10-25-13
    Mansfield, MA 6-30-08, 6-28-08, 7-2-03, 7-3-03, 7-11-03, 8-29-00, 8-30-00, 9-15-98, 9-16-98
    Worcester 10-15-13, 10-16-13
  • Gotta take care of the family jewels man. Go get it checked out.
    Shows:
    San Diego 2003
    Grand Rapids 2004
    Grand Rapids 2006
    Detroit 2006
    Columbus 2010

"With my own two hands I can change the world."
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    BinGnarly wrote:
    Gotta take care of the family jewels man. Go get it checked out.

You have two of them not too difficult to give up one. Please see a doctor if Lance Armstrong can survive TC you surely can too.

Besides everything will function just fine when it's all said and done. See the doc.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    As someone who works in cancer research the advice I give to you, or your friend...is to get to the doctor as soon as humanly possible!

The doctor will examine you and if necessary he will refer you to an oncologist.

The best way to "beat" cancer is to catch it early!!!
  • mdigenakismdigenakis Posts: 1,337
    I'll let you know when i get it. Cancer and Diabetes run in the family.
    "Don't let the darkness eat you up..."

-Greg Dulli

• AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    A lump on the skin could just be a cyst, like a sebaceous cyst.

If it's under the skin it might be something else, should get it checked anyway.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Ahnimus wrote:
    A lump on the skin could just be a cyst, like a sebaceous cyst.

If it's under the skin it might be something else, should get it checked anyway.

yea....its under....

My podcast: Hotel Manager Talk- Dedicated to Hotel Employees, tell your friends. http://www.HotelManagerTalk.com
  • FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    Should I......err....HE....suck it up and go to the doctor?

Don't suck it up. The doctor might have to perform a tracheotomy, or call in a chiropractor to straighten your back out.

:D;)

Seriously, go to the doctor, for your own peace of mind. Personally, I've always suffered from infeasible largeness in that area of the human body. Any other lumps and bumps I acquire, I just put down to character building, or gravity. :)
  • Don't suck it up. The doctor might have to perform a tracheotomy, or call in a chiropractor to straighten your back out.

:D;)

Seriously, go to the doctor, for your own peace of mind. Personally, I've always suffered from infeasible largeness in that area of the human body. Any other lumps and bumps I acquire, I just put down to character building, or gravity. :)

Gee its been a long time since ive seen your posts!

• FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    Gee its been a long time since ive seen your posts!

Well, at least we know there's nothing wrong with your eyesight! :cool:

Haha, that smiley took on a whole new connotation tharrr.

Now, get the doctor to check your balls out as soon as possible, and worry not. If they're in the clear, celebrate by going out and putting them to good use!
  • ReleasHReleasH Posts: 743
    Please go have it checked out. Testicular cancer has a very high cure rate but that cure rate goes down the more advanced the cancer is.
  • What do you do when you find out you have cancer?
    Im sure the odds are on my side here....but how do I look at life the same after that? Thats earthshaking stuff...thats what Im more afraid of- not dying- more of how to handle the future.
    How do I get married....why would someone put themselves in the position to marry a person who is dying. How do you break that news to your parents? Your brothers? Your friends?
    How do you not let that consume your life in negativity? Pearl Jam gets me out of depression for the most part, but Ive never put it up against cancer.
    Most people I know of get cancer when they are older....Im not ready for that...

Im sure the odds are on my side here....but how do I look at life the same after that? Thats earthshaking stuff...thats what Im more afraid of- not dying- more of how to handle the future.
    How do I get married....why would someone put themselves in the position to marry a person who is dying. How do you break that news to your parents? Your brothers? Your friends?
    How do you not let that consume your life in negativity? Pearl Jam gets me out of depression for the most part, but Ive never put it up against cancer.
    Most people I know of get cancer when they are older....Im not ready for that...

Okay, whoa.... first things first, go to the doctor before you freak out.. you can't worry about not getting married and all that yet. You'll be okay, breathe, and call your Dr. in the morning to clear this all up.
  • sigh eternallysigh eternally Chicago Posts: 421
    i found some growths a few years ago. having to go to the doctor was amazingly frightening, but it's just something you have to do. think about something that you love doing, some place you love going to (or want to go to), or someone you love, and the choice to get your ass in there to see the doctor about this becomes a whole hell of a lot easier. if you value anything or anyone in your life, do it now. the earlier you can detect this thing, the better. for me, at the end, they turned out to be benign cysts. i'm glad i went in when i first detected them, because having those crazy "what if?" thoughts in your head looping around like crazy isn't good for your health, and is probably going to do more damage to you than you realize if you keep stringing it along.

talk to any male friends or relatives that you are close to. it's nothing to be ashamed about. go to your regular family doctor or a clinic. don't sweat anything until they can take a look and determine what, if anything, needs to be done next.

so, use those balls while you still got 'em and get to the doctor!
  • ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    hey man, relax.....cancer is not the death sentence that it used to be. last year i had some urination pain and i started looking up all types of information on web md, began to freak myself out. long story short, i went to the doctor as soon as possible, turned out to be nothing but an enlarged prostate.

go to the doctor.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
    slow down there, Tex. cross that bridge if you come to it. first step is just to have the doc examine your nether regions.
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman
  • Don't diagnose yourself and start to panic. Just make an appointment and put it in the doctor's hands (literally...hehe).

Really, though...no reason to start freaking out. Just have it checked out, and put it out of your mind until then.
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
    fear of the unknown can be terrifying.
    get to the doctor so you can get some peace of mind. best of luck.
    Nice shirt.
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    One of my Best Friends had it. Just get it checked out. If you wait too long you might lose a nut! Luckily my friend caught it just in time. It's not easy, but now he's cancer free and doing good.
    NERDS!
  • Why not threads on cancer? Too heavy?

i MAY know a young lad, around the age of 23 who may be a little worried about a hypothetical bump/lump he may have found in the privacy of his own room. Hes a little worried. He is also one of those people who puts things off out of fear of the answer.
    He hasnt had a physical since he applied for college, over 5 years ago and is scared to find out the truth.
    Anyone here have cancer- how long did you wait to find out? Whatd you do?
    Should I......err....HE....suck it up and go to the doctor? What kind of doctor is that anyway? Ive never heard of a cancer doctor. HE is afrad to tell his parents or anyone

Listen to what we are all saying to you. Go see a doctor ASAP and have it checked out. The sooner you have it looked at and if it is something. The sooner you deal with it the better. You don't know yet what it is so RELAX.

Remember you can tell your parents anything. The will be there to support you. Along with freinds.

So you haven't had a physical in a while. They are doctors, they see this all the time. This is what they do, help people. I hate the doctor but sometimes you just have to go.

Best of luck and remember, GO HAVE IT CHECKED OUT.
  • spongersponger Posts: 3,160
    Every guy does have some sort of bump on their balls. It's where the balls attach to something or another. I've had more than one doctor check it out and have been told that those are the normal bumps that can be found on balls. Still, it never hurts to go have the scrotum tugged by an expert.

You're never ready for when it happens. You just experience it, and deal with it, as it comes. It's not easy by any means. I would prefer instant death over cancer any day. It's the progression and duration (and nature) of progression that is be the most psychologically damaging imo.

Even more reason to appreciate life as you get it, and take the best possible care of yourself all the time with a clean diet, lots of exercise, staying positive, and regulating the stresses in your life.

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • sponger wrote:
    Every guy does have some sort of bump on their balls. It's where the balls attach to something or another. I've had more than one doctor check it out and have been told that those are the normal bumps that can be found on balls. Still, it never hurts to go have the scrotum tugged by an expert.

True, if it's bigger than pea sized, I'd be at the doc's office as soon as they're available, and as soon as I could physically get there. Drop everything, think about nothing else, and go.

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • All I see is good advice here :-D It's true, you have nothing to lose by getting it checked. Be grateful you're not a woman... you'd have to have a smear (or internal ultrasound, brrr) and they are NOT fun. I had to go to a gynae last year with vague-but-bad symptoms and got diagnosed with polycystic ovaries. I was very relieved (of course I'd rather have healthy ovaries, but on a larger scale, this was definitely better news).
    Like a cloud dropping rain
    I'm discarding all thought
    I'll dry up, leaving puddles on the ground
    I'm like an opening band for the sun
This discussion has been closed.