Options

Anyone have any luck on Ebay?

jojojojo Posts: 645
edited November 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
I'm not selling PJ stuff so this isn't an ad or an invite to get flamed.

I'm cleaning up around the house and got some stuff that's not bad but i'm sick of or just got too much knick knacks etc?

So has anyone had any luck with this kinda thing?

Or should i just box it up and send it to good will?
Ralph: Me fail English? That's unpossible.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    It depends. I've never sold anything but my husband does. It is a fair amount of work. If it's just a one time "clean" I'm not sure it would be worth it. There are quite a few who make a decent living, but like any job it takes time. I'd recommend searching ebay for like items for sale in current and completed auctions and go from there. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    I always do a Yard/Garage sale first....whatever doesn't sale, I take the namebrand clothing to a consignment store....then take the rest to goodwill.
    "It's all happening"
  • Options
    I got ripped off on ebay last month! Paid $741 for a projector and the bitch never sent it! Just took my money and ran :mad:
    I really screwed that up. I really Schruted it.
  • Options
    jojojojo Posts: 645
    I always do a Yard/Garage sale first....whatever doesn't sale, I take the namebrand clothing to a consignment store....then take the rest to goodwill.

yea i would do yard sale but i's not the season here in new englad too cold (they say flurries on monday)
    Ralph: Me fail English? That's unpossible.
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    I got ripped off on ebay last month! Paid $741 for a projector and the bitch never sent it! Just took my money and ran :mad:
    Hopefully you used PayPal. :(
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    i do alright on ebay... i'm in the process right now of selling a crapload of toys i've accumulated in the past few years (i work for a toy company)
    i'm tired of having so much excess, needless stuff.

anyway, yeah, if you're gonna sell stuff this is the ideal time of year to do it.
    just do some research to see how much other similar items have sold for...
    use paypal or money orders; don't accept personal checks...
    etc etc.
    08 6/11 WPB 6/12 Tampa 6/24,25 MSG, 8/7 Ed @ Newark
    07 8/5 Lolla 8/2 VIC
    06 7/22,23 Gorge 7/20 Ptl
    04 10/8 VFC Kissimmee
    03 4/11 WPB, 4/12 HOB Orlando, 7/8,9 MSG
    00 8/24 Jones Bch 8/9,10 WPB
    1998 9/22,23 WPB 1996 10/7 Ft Laud 1994 3/28 Miami
  • Options
    I've made a fortune on ebay over the years- enough to send my daughter to private school, and take awesome vacations- ebay is the BEST. Not to sound too "infomercial" on you, but when I did it full time (aside from my full time job) I would pull down about $100K in cash a year. All tax free.
    I have never listed one thing on ebay that didn't sell. All of it has been from cleaning out my closet, my mother's closets, and my aunts closets. Granted: we all have very good & popular taste, but still- some things that I was POSITIVE wouldn't sell sold in about 2 seconds.

My advice: start your listing very low. Describe everything you list with BRUTAL honesty. That will eliminate the possiblity of an unhappy buyer & total hassles later.
    Charge the buyer enough so you can pack & ship it well, get the insurance & delivery confirmation and don't ship to Paypal buyers who are unconfirmed. Being a casual seller on ebay is meant to be just that- you don't want what is basically an online tag sale to turn into a major hassle & mean emails.

Have fun!!
    "If you're looking for someone to pull you out of that ditch, you're out of luck."
This discussion has been closed.