Thanksgiving 2007: What are you making?

Comments

• I've been designated to make creamed spinach... yummmm. :)
  • Urban HikerUrban Hiker Posts: 1,312
    same as last year...reservations. ;)
    just 4 of this year so all the more reason, dinner at a nice restaurant and we all can get what we want, no cleanup, and just enjoy each other's company. tis all good. :)

As long as they serve birthday cake! ;)

Actually, I like your plan. Hubby and I will be doing this one alone, so a restaurant sounds better than me experimenting with cooking. :eek:
    Walking can be a real trip
    "We've laid the groundwork. It's like planting the seeds. And next year, it's spring." - Nader
    Prepare for tending to your garden, America.
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Tofurky with stuffing and gravy
    cranberry sauce
    mashed potatoes
    salad
    broccoli
    sweet potatoes with (if i can get them) vegan marshmallows
    apple pie
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • tons and tons of cookies (chocolate chip of course)! and zucchini bread. I want to learn how to make creme brulee. I had this wonderful chocolate brulee in Victoria BC and since then I've been fascinated with the desert.
    Don't let the world bring you down, not everyone here is that fucked up and cold. Remember why you came and while you're alive, experience the warmth before you grow old.

Best two days of my life: Oasis at MSG and Pearl Jam at the Gorge.
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    bytchez styll ain't shyt
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • I think i'll make some tacos
  • roarroar Posts: 1,116
    i always bring baked brie with dried cherries, brown sugar and slivered almonds (wrapped in pastry dough) to holiday parties. for thanksgiving, i cut out a turkey with the extra dough and place it on top. people laugh at me. :)
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    im having a pizza delivered to my car.

it's cold out here.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,392
    roar wrote:
    i always bring baked brie with dried cherries, brown sugar and slivered almonds (wrapped in pastry dough) to holiday parties. for thanksgiving, i cut out a turkey with the extra dough and place it on top. people laugh at me. :)

:D That sounds interesting.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    Sunday is the day I make the final decision about everything we're eating and make the list for the ingredients.

I like reading about all the things other people bring, make, eat. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    PearlsGirl wrote:
    tons and tons of cookies (chocolate chip of course)! and zucchini bread. I want to learn how to make creme brulee. I had this wonderful chocolate brulee in Victoria BC and since then I've been fascinated with the desert.

Is the zucchini bread sweet?
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • chromiam wrote:
    I'm cooking dinner with all the fixins.... dessert is up to my family.
    you are the chef this year huh????

good for you.....

im going to my mommys.......she is doing all the cooking....

my fat ass is doing all the eating..............

hehehehe..............
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • I think my father-in-law wants to cook the turkey on the grill... Should be interesting!

Other than that, we will be hosting and making everything else. We'll have the usual stuff...turkey, stuffing, potatoes (grated potatoes, that is...the best kind I've ever had!), rolls, pies, etc...

I'd like to make something new to mix it up a bit... Not sure what that'll be yet, though!
  • I just became a "vegetarian", so I probably won't be EATING the turkey, let alone MAKING it. I've never been a big fan on t-giving dinner though. I could give or take turkey.
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    What are we making? The usual of course..Big fat turkey, mashed potatoes with gravy, stuffing, corn, yam, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie and whatever else I forgot to add here..

Nothing better than being with family on Thanksgiving..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,963
    I dump a bottle of red wine (cab) over the turkey and baste the hell out of it for a few hours. In the pan is also onions and garlics. Awesome.
    I love to turn you on
    I dump a bottle of red wine (cab) over the turkey and baste the hell out of it for a few hours. In the pan is also onions and garlics. Awesome.

I haven't heard of that before!

(We usually use olive oil, lemon juice and garlic to baste the turkey.)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    I don't do much cooking, but I really want to try to make a Vegan Pumpkin Pie.

Maybe some stuffing too. Stuffing is easy, even without the bird.

Hubby and I will probably also try to find a good bar to go hang with people avoiding their families. That doesn't involve making anything, except perhaps some change for tips.
    Word, I'll be making some vegan stuffing too...
    I bought the turkey today.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    I make vegetable lasagna every year. It's one of my favorite recipes. :D
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • All of the basics and I am going to make a pumpkin mousse & gingerbread trifle instead of a pumpkin pie. I am also making mini goat cheese & pancetta tarts for one of my appetizers...as usual, there will be too much food!
  • Going over to my cousin's house for turkey day. I'm making a Apple pie. :)
    All of the basics and I am going to make a pumpkin mousse & gingerbread trifle instead of a pumpkin pie. I am also making mini goat cheese & pancetta tarts for one of my appetizers...as usual, there will be too much food!

These sound good! :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    Going over to my cousin's house for turkey day. I'm making a Apple pie. :)

Nice. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    mookie9999 wrote:
    I'm making the trip out to Long Island. :D
    :p
    I am making the trip to middlefield.....if my brother ever decides to call me...:(
    I would prefer to just stay home, though a free meal is always good. Well, except my sister in law isn't the best cook. :o I always offer to help, but she won't let me.
    So I will be having wine.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
    TrixieCat wrote:
    :p
    I am making the trip to middlefield.....if my brother ever decides to call me...:(
    I would prefer to just stay home, though a free meal is always good. Well, except my sister in law isn't the best cook. :o I always offer to help, but she won't let me.
    So I will be having wine.

LOL! :D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    justam wrote:
    LOL! :D
    I am really embarassed that I may seem ungrateful..it being Thanksgiving and all, but it's true. :o
    I lied....I actually am making something. I make a Polish potato pie with kielbasa that I break out before dinner so everyone can fill up. :p
    It is really good.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
    TrixieCat wrote:
    I am really embarassed that I may seem ungrateful..it being Thanksgiving and all, but it's true. :o
    I lied....I actually am making something. I make a Polish potato pie with kielbasa that I break out before dinner so everyone can fill up. :p
    It is really good.

You don't seem ungrateful. I think everyone has eaten meals like that-- at some point where you think...well, at least there's a lot of wine. ;)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • justam wrote:
    Nice. :)

:D thanks
  • I am having Thanksgiving for the first time at my In-laws this year. I am making my mom's stuffing for everyone though. It is so good, its got celery, onions, pork sausage, apples etc... oh god, its so good!

I cannot wait. I told my mother in law that I have never not had my mom's stuffing and this year wont be the first!
This discussion has been closed.