Living Will .

josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
edited November 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
i'm going tonight to put one together with my wife at lawyer's office anyone out there do one of these ,2kids, financial situation planned out pretty good, this is the last step in getting all my ducks in line for the future ....and no i'm not dying from any terminal disease at least not at the moment ....:D
jesus greets me looks just like me ....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,439
    good man
    its important
  • mammasanmammasan Posts: 5,656
    i'm going tonight to put one together with my wife at lawyer's office anyone out there do one of these ,2kids, financial situation planned out pretty good, this is the last step in getting all my ducks in line for the future ....and no i'm not dying from any terminal disease at least not at the moment ....:D

After the whole Terry Shiavo fiasco, my wife at the time and I decided to get a living will written up. Now that I'm divorced I have to go and change mine but it is definitely a good thing to have.
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
  • i'm going tonight to put one together with my wife at lawyer's office anyone out there do one of these ,2kids, financial situation planned out pretty good, this is the last step in getting all my ducks in line for the future ....and no i'm not dying from any terminal disease at least not at the moment ....:D

I don't think it's weird, it's a good idea. Especially if you have two kids.
  • It's about time!!!! jk.....but its great that you finally did it.

My wife and I did ours soon after we got married.
    They should make it mandatory for anyone over 18 to make one out, nobody should have to make decisions like that for you.
    "It's all happening"
  • Kind of makes you feel like a grown up. Doesn't it? :)
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,245
    People recommended it to me time and time again, I just haven't gotten around to it.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • We need to do that.

I don't like to think about these things, and it's even harder to now that we have a kid. But I know it's important.
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    My parents did that. Now I have access to their bank accounts. hehehehe :)
    NERDS!
  • I would... only I'd be back to the bloody solicitors every couple of weeks when I change my mind about stuff :o . I've told my family certain things like how I want to donate organs but I haven't been clear on other stuff I suppose... but then with the other stuff, I'm just not sure. I know it's not fair to expect them to make decisions... but I would trust my family to make the right ones... although I should clarify that my mother should have no say in ANY matter :eek:

As for stuff I have to leave to anyone... well it's fuck all but since I've one brother and one sister, one niece and one nephew... it would all go to my niece and nephew. I'm sure my brother and sister would decide that anyway (my brother even if I did leave him stuff, he'd probably give it to them) but yeh, I guess a little clarity never hurt anyone :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • We need to do that.

I don't like to think about these things, and it's even harder to now that we have a kid. But I know it's important.
    absolutely now that you have a kid :o especially regarding your plans for the kid... things would be hard enough without some kinda custody battle :eek: :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • I would... only I'd be back to the bloody solicitors every couple of weeks when I change my mind about stuff :o . I've told my family certain things like how I want to donate organs but I haven't been clear on other stuff I suppose... but then with the other stuff, I'm just not sure. I know it's not fair to expect them to make decisions... but I would trust my family to make the right ones... although I should clarify that my mother should have no say in ANY matter :eek:

I don't have a will but my partner does. He needs to change his because everything will currently go to his dead dog.
  • I don't have a will but my partner does. He needs to change his because everything will currently go to his dead dog.
    :eek: You're fucking joking me? You better be... if you are... good one... if not... :( wow!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • :eek: You're fucking joking me? You better be... if you are... good one... if not... :( wow!

:o No. It's something else we both need to sort out soon. If something happened to both of us, it would be up to his parents to decide and of course they'd make sure our son is alright. Still needs to be changed though.
  • :o No. It's something else we both need to sort out soon. If something happened to both of us, it would be up to his parents to decide and of course they'd make sure our son is alright. Still needs to be changed though.
    shit, I forgot you have a kid too... you really need to get that sorted then so. Cos it's just scary how that could possibly work :eek:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • shit, I forgot you have a kid too... you really need to get that sorted then so. Cos it's just scary how that could possibly work :eek:

It's very irresponsible to say so but I'm not sweating it because his dad is a VERY smart man and knows the law and can always find a way around things. :D

You're right though. We should get it sorted soon. Mine as well. Thanks.
  • drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    I'm single, no kids, and very little money, and I had my will drawn up years ago. I specifically requested to be taken off life support if nothing else could be done to save me. Forget all that vegetable stuff.
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    ok last night wen't well sorted almost evrything out will go back just to add a few more things to the will, but we are both happy about getting this done i'd recomend for evryone to get this done it does put you at ease a bit more ...
  • absolutely now that you have a kid :o especially regarding your plans for the kid... things would be hard enough without some kinda custody battle :eek: :o

I know. :(

We need to just step up and do it.
  • I know. :(

We need to just step up and do it.
    absolutely... now quit talking about it and get it done :) like jose said, it would take a weight off your mind
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    forgot to mention i requested to get cremated with almost all of my pj memobrilia .tickets stubs, tshirts ,all except my boot collection and vinyl collection what do people do with all of that i mean i guess i could include it but i'm not sure if the funeral parlor would burn all of that plastic any suggestions ??.....also decided on my song i'm going with "man of the hour" i thought about something from into the wild but changed my mind and i could still change it again if i choose .....
    forgot to mention i requested to get cremated with almost all of my pj memobrilia .tickets stubs, tshirts ,all except my boot collection and vinyl collection what do people do with all of that i mean i guess i could include it but i'm not sure if the funeral parlor would burn all of that plastic any suggestions ??.....also decided on my song i'm going with "man of the hour" i thought about something from into the wild but changed my mind and i could still change it again if i choose .....

I think you should create a PJ museum upon your death so that others can enjoy what you have accumulated
    Get_Right wrote:
    I think you should create a PJ museum upon your death so that others can enjoy what you have accumulated

i was thinking along those lines i mean in the future what is everybody going to do with all of their pj stuff ,maybe create like you say a museum or pj library uhmm i hope i have 30 more yrs to get this done will need help though ...
    i was thinking along those lines i mean in the future what is everybody going to do with all of their pj stuff ,maybe create like you say a museum or pj library uhmm i hope i have 30 more yrs to get this done will need help though ...

cant think of a better place than NYC
    I like this idea.
    Im in what do we need?
    Get_Right wrote:
    cant think of a better place than NYC
    I like this idea.
    Im in what do we need?

will discuss this at all future meet ups with my fellow pj ny'krs starting this dec ....i hope to get your input ...
    will discuss this at all future meet ups with my fellow pj ny'krs starting this dec ....i hope to get your input ...

cool cool

really hope to make that Dec 7th meet up
    Get_Right wrote:
    cool cool

really hope to make that Dec 7th meet up

yeah really i believe i will also make it ...
  • Dylan StoneDylan Stone Posts: 1,145

I have a health care proxy form with very specific instructions....and a will. I so recognize the fragility of life.

I refuse to not have a will and let my "fortune...;)" go to the government or ANYONE other than my boy!

Good luck tonight! :)
    GTFLYGIRL wrote:
    I have a health care proxy form with very specific instructions....and a will. I so recognize the fragility of life.

I refuse to not have a will and let my "fortune...;)" go to the government or ANYONE other than my boy!

Good luck tonight! :)

smart woman you are ......