Best places to eat on Maui?

vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
edited November 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
Someone please help me...I'm going to Maui for Xmas...and Ive been trying to get fellow message pitters to suggest non-touristy stuff to do -- and the best places to eat. I kinda figure that everything is going to be super expensive...we want to know where the locals go...

All suggestions are welcome!! Thanks in advance!
be philanthropic
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    moose magilly in lahina

cant spell the name right now

touristy but fun
  • vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    Thank you...will add it to my list, which now consists of one restaurant!
    be philanthropic
  • In Paia, the little town that you will come to that starts the road to Hanah, there is 1 main intersection (you can't miss it, it's on the main road) there is a little restaurant right there on the corner. I'm sorry I can't remember the name, but really, Paia, the one intersction you go through with the shops and stuff, it's right there on the corner, you can't miss it. if you do the road to Hanah thing (a must) you should stop there for breakfast, I've been there a couple of times and it does not dissapoint. Since it's right near the north shore, I'm sure Eddie has frequented this place many times. There's a hemp store across the street.
  • Someone please help me...I'm going to Maui for Xmas...and Ive been trying to get fellow message pitters to suggest non-touristy stuff to do -- and the best places to eat. I kinda figure that everything is going to be super expensive...we want to know where the locals go...

All suggestions are welcome!! Thanks in advance!

idk any places to eat on maui, only been to oahu but all i wanted to say was im really jealous u spending christmas in hawaii, you are so lucky! Have fun!! :D
  • vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    idk any places to eat on maui, only been to oahu but all i wanted to say was im really jealous u spending christmas in hawaii, you are so lucky! Have fun!! :D

My mother-in-law is taking the whole family - there's 18 of us in all - and everything is paid for (except food and booze and activities) by her. It's really exciting! At the risk of sounding like a spoiled bitch - I am sooooo not looking forward to the fights. I hate flying so much. I have two appointments with a counsellor booked before we go...and I have drugs. It will be fine....

So, yeah - thanks everyone for your tips and stuff...keep em coming! Hubby and I have never been there and we're not so much into doing that are tooooo touristy (a little touristy is OK).

I won't tell my hubby that Ed's probably eaten at that Paia...he'll think that's they only reason why I'd want to stop there...when actually, that has nothing to do with it. I'm not going there to try to find Ed... ;)
    be philanthropic
This discussion has been closed.