Options

Kramer from Seinfeld outdoes Mel Gibson

Comments

• Options

lmao, paul rodriguez has a little blurb on camera there and he says "Once the word 'nigger' comes out of your mouth and you don't happen to be African-American, then you have a whole lot of explaining..."

well paul, better start explaining. last i knew, he wasn't African-American.

as far as this whole incident goes....richards is an idiot for saying what he said. NMyTree, i've read your comments and i get what you're saying and i understand there are double standards when it comes to this sort of thing. the problem is he wasn't using any of it as part of his act. he should have known better, should have just said something along the lines of "shut the fuck up or get the fuck out" to someone heckling him.
    "PC Load Letter?! What the fuck does that mean?"
    ~Michael Bolton
  • Options
    enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,926
    NMyTree wrote:
    Are you justifying the material of black entertainers....Black Rappers..... Black Comedians, which is racist in content?

Whether by design or by tirade, Michael Richards made and proved a very profound point.

Exactly.
  • Options
    NMyTree wrote:
    Are you justifying the material of black entertainers....Black Rappers..... Black Comedians, which is racist in content?

Whether by design or by tirade, Michael Richards made and proved a very profound point.
    enharmonic wrote:
    Exactly.

indeed. he should be hailed for his words and actions.

do i smell a nobel peace prize on the horizon for kramer? :cool:
  • Options
    People laughed when Richards said what he said, and then he said "Do you see what's burried beneath you motherfuckers?"

He called out the heckler, and he called out the audience. This video is a perfect example of what's wrong with America today.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go listen to some gangsta rap, so I can learn how to smack a bitch and gank a nigga in a way that is acceptable to all.
  • Options
    seanw1010 wrote:
    US history, yes, world history, no.
    i dont know about you, but i havnt seen that many black jewish peoplee, have you? they were white, but they were persecuted.
    i know its not the same thing, but its not just blacks that are the only people in the course of the universe that have been treated badly. i say, get over it

So because throughout the course of history all sorts of people have been persecuted, enslaved, demeaned etc. we can now go around hurling racial insults at everyone and its ok?

There are people alive in the U.S. today who had to put up with being second class citizens in a country that prided itself on equality and taught their youth to view blacks as being "niggers" - like they were some sort of animals. This is not some distant thing that one has to go to the history books just to read about and contemplate what it was like. People are still around and this was their reality.

Saying that blacks have not been the only people that have been treated badly as a way to justify the use of the N word is simply an easy wat to justify one's racism and its acceptability.

Pathetic.
    Is a Compliment For You.
    1998 Va. Beach ~~ 2000 Va. Beach ~~ Columbia, Md. ~~ 2003 Bristow, Va. ~~ 2006 DC ~~ 2008 Va. Beach ~~ DC ~~ 
    2010 Bristow, Va. ~~ 2013 Charlottesville, Va. ~~ 2016 Hampton, Va. ~~ Fenway 1 & 2 ~~ Wrigley 1 & 2 ~~
    2022 Nashville ~~ St. Louis ~~ Oklahoma City ~~ 2023 St. Paul 1 & 2 ~~ Austin 1 & 2 ~~ Upcoming 2024  TBD...
  • Options
    i just watched it. i think someone said it best when you have ana ctor trying to do stand up. i think he thought he was being funny. it quickly degenerated though, and he just didn;t want to back down.
    those undecided, needn't have faith to be free
  • Options
    I can't believe that this if the first time in his long career, that Richards was heckled. You would have thought he would have learned by now to handle it. His anger and outburst is shocking. Hence most of the crowd leaves. In a time when we should be coming together it is sad to see people use the excuse of others using racist slurs to support Richard's behavior.
    Eddie: "Those who dance are called insane by those who don't hear the music."

Eddie: "There is a girl in the front and her shirt says 'F*CK ME EDDY'... well you'd have to spell my name right first."

Summerfest '95, Summerfest '06, BSB (1 & 2) '06, Wembley '07, Lollapalooza '07
  • Options
    dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,285
    enharmonic wrote:
    Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go listen to some gangsta rap, so I can learn how to smack a bitch and gank a nigga in a way that is acceptable to all.
    Damn you for making me laugh.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • Options
    Peter C wrote:
    Over here in England we have an awards cermony called The MOBO'S which dishes out awards for black artist's only..now if there was an awards show for just white people then i'd dread to think the uproar that will go with it.
    I think this will be the end of Richards but in the end he didnt kill anyone.

The Mobos are called Music of Black Origin which is about celebrating just that - black, mostly urban music. But I think its mainly genre based. After all you do have "white" music awards too like the Kerrang awards, even if a "black" rock person might win somethng, though I can't think of any right now (slash maybe?).

Anyway, the Mobos have had white people win awards there too (but as part of the Black sound). For example, Tim Westwood (best DJ 2000 and 2003), Justin Timberlake (best r'n'b 2003), Christine Aguilera (best video, 2003), eminem (best hip hop 2000, best single 1999), mick hucknall (outstanding achievement 1997 - I don't quite get that one !), All Saints (best video 1998), and so on. Lady sovereign (yuk), tim westwood, nelly furtado and the Streets were all nominated this year but not won.
    "We have to change the concept of patriotism to one of “matriotism” — love of humanity that transcends war. A matriarch would never send her own children off to wars that kill other people’s children." Cindy Sheehan
    ---
    London, Brixton, 14 July 1993
    London, Wembley, 1996
    London, Wembley, 18 June 2007
    London, O2, 18 August 2009
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 31 July 2012
    Milton Keynes Bowl, 11 July 2014
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 06 June 2017
    London, O2, 18 June 2018
    London, O2, 17 July 2018
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 09 June 2019
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 10 June 2019

• Options
    fox news is hailing richards as a genius.

j/k

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,230727,00.html

i guess he'll be on letterman tonight to apologize with jerry there as his back-up.
  • Options
    exactly why do u feel the need to clarify you have black friends?

since when does being a racist mean one that dislikes african americans?

seanw1010 wrote:
    this is what i dont get, why would you have to abbreviate nigger and NOT cracker!
    i dont understand why blacks get so offender when people call them nigger, im pretty sure they know what they are by then

if a black calls a white a cracker, we dont get all upset and flip out

stop being so fucking sensitive!

BTW, i am not racist, many of my friends are black

oh, and how would you like it if someone came down to your work and heckled you??????(seinfeld remark)
  • Options
    seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,213
    exactly why do u feel the need to clarify you have black friends?

since when does being a racist mean one that dislikes african americans?
    if you watched seinfeld, you would know that the remarks on the very bottom of that page were from a seinfeld reference, when george was trying to find black frineds, like the bug sprayer, asshole
    they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    Cracker = funny word.

Maybe at some point Richards came home to a black dude pounding his ole' lady or something?
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    This was ill-advised, and incredibly insensitive and dumb.

Was it the end of the world? I'd argue not. Neither was Gibson's tirade.

And I agree with the point about cracker and nigger. They are both racial slurs, yet one people of all races can get away with saying, and the other makes everyone shit bricks made of pure political correctness.
  • Options
    Are you posting these comments because you are bored and lonely in your tree?

Where is your tree exactly?

Where is this wonderful place where a "large majority of white people don't practice racism or even think of black people being anyone other than just another human"?

Also what exactly is your understanding of the word racism?

NMyTree wrote:
    Hmmmmm.....when you think about the origins of the word "cracker" and how it was utilized both in the past and in current times and realize that a large majority of white people don't practice racism or even think of black people being anyone other than just another human being. Why would being associated with and compared to white slave masters who cracked whips on slaves, be less offensive to white people?

If someone started calling you " Dehmer " (in reference to Jeffrey Dahmer ) would you consider that insulting or not?

Do you have any relation or similarity to Jeffrey Dahmer?

Do white people of today have any direct relation or responsibility to what those slave masters did, all those years ago?
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    Where is this wonderful place where a "large majority of white people don't practice racism or even think of black people being anyone other than just another human"?

Its right beside your fantasy world, where apparently everyone (except non-white people) is racist.

As usual, the truth is closer to the middle.
  • Options
    What?
    Maybe you should read my post again.
    Its right beside your fantasy world, where apparently everyone (except non-white people) is racist.

As usual, the truth is closer to the middle.
  • Options
    not4unot4u Posts: 513
    this is top notch entertainment.. lol
    we don't want war, but we still want more?
  • Options
    Just so I understand--you are quoting a television show and are trying to make it seem as if I am ignorant because I did not know you are not capable of making a point in your own words, yet I'm the asshole?

Great way to make a point.

seanw1010 wrote:
    if you watched seinfeld, you would know that the remarks on the very bottom of that page were from a seinfeld reference, when george was trying to find black frineds, like the bug sprayer, asshole
  • Options
    well I guess Michael Richards is a racist (like many people are) but like many people, he kept it quiet for most of his life . Those guys heckled him (which makes them assholes in my opinion) and Richards lost control and showed his true colors. must suck to get be exposed like that.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Holy shit! I just had an amazing fucking thought. You ready for this?!

Two wrongs don't make a right!

(Sorry if it's already been said)
  • Options
    NMyTreeNMyTree Posts: 2,412
    indeed. he should be hailed for his words and actions.

do i smell a nobel peace prize on the horizon for kramer? :cool:

Yeah, because "hailing " him has been the message I've been sending:rolleyes:

Some people will never comprehend my point. And that's okay, but don't put words in my mouth and pretend I said it or thought it. You're the one driving down a very narrow street of thought.
  • Options
    In a time when we should be coming together it is sad to see people use the excuse of others using racist slurs to support Richard's behavior.

Eh, no one in this thread ever supported Richard's behavior or the words he used. That's simply the perception of those with tunnel vision and ultra-PC sensibilities.
  • Options
    Not quite as eloquent as when Bill Hicks melted down on some Heckler's for yelling "Freebird". Come to think of it...Bill wigged out and insulted just about everyone when that went down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKTCiCgEkoE

or this one..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZ1fXTx0-uk
  • Options
    kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,323
    ryan198 wrote:
    Wow...this whole thread is completely disturbing. For those of you who are complaining about some sort of "double standard" when it comes to the use of the n-word or the c-word you have to understand the power dynamic that comes with it. Of course the n-word is going to be more inflamatory it's been used by years by those people in power to remain in power. Further though many in the black community despise its use by other (generally) younger black men and women, it has been argued that their use of the n-word has been a form of reverse discourse whereby these young people are trying to reshape its meaning from an extremely negative referent to one of friendship. Similar examples of this can be seen in the swastika, and its use by other groups before and after Hitler.

On the flipside the c-word is a deragotory term toward those who hold the power in our society. As such, its use doesn't undermine or force them to relinquish any real power, so it doens't hold the same cache of hate. At the same time that doesn't make its use right, it is, however, different in e/affect.

Well said.
  • Options
    seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,213
    Just so I understand--you are quoting a television show and are trying to make it seem as if I am ignorant because I did not know you are not capable of making a point in your own words, yet I'm the asshole?

Great way to make a point.
    i wasnt trying to make a point with that at all, i just said it since richars was on seinfeld, and it was about richards
    they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    NMyTree wrote:

Some people will never comprehend my point. And that's okay, but don't put words in my mouth and pretend I said it or thought it. You're the one driving down a very narrow street of thought.

actually, it is. cos ive been agreeing with most of your points about double standards, but it's seemed clear to me from post one you found no fault with what richards said or did.
  • Options
    NMyTree wrote:

by defending the mysterious "profound point" that richards was making, you are defending what he said by default.
    "Of course it hurts. You're getting fucked by an elephant."
  • Options
    actually, it is. cos ive been agreeing with most of your points about double standards, but it's seemed clear to me from post one you found no fault with what richards said or did.

Oh really?

NMyTree wrote:
    Racism and discrimination against any human being of any color, race, creed or religious loyalty is wrong. Once you spin in a reverse circle, you run the risk returning things to what they once were. I don't call that progress, I call that regression.

At any time when you excuse, appease and justify racist behavior by one set of people for whatever reason, you risk another set of people becoming defiant and aggressive in their response; as a form of rebellion and "evening the playing field".

Some of you people seem only capable of thinking in only one narrow field of thought. Anything outside of that narrow path may as well be a foreign and unfamiliar language.
  • Options
    by defending the mysterious "profound point" that richards was making, you are defending what he said by default.

LOL! Says who, you?

Now you purpose to define and dictate my thought process to fit your narrow field of vision?

Default.........that's hilarious!