Muslim-Themed Products Mimic Icons in American Popular Culture

truroutetruroute Posts: 251
edited October 2006 in A Moving Train
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,219864,00.html

pics on the site.

Sry, but this is funny. Emulation is the highest form or flattery.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    "Beurger King" sounds like something that might have come out of my nose last week ...
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    you'd think "mecca cola" would get someone's thobe in a bunch.
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    truroute wrote:
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,219864,00.html

pics on the site.

Sry, but this is funny. Emulation is the highest form or flattery.
    I read a report on schools in Jordan and Egypt... fairly moderate Arabic nations, right? The kids were asked if they liked America and they said, Yeah... they did. They like Oprah and Michael Jordan.
    When asked what they thought about September 11, 2001... they said it was good for the Arab world. And when asked if they would join a world wide Jihad against America... they said they would.
    And... when asked which country they would want to live in other than their own... the great majority answered... you guessed it.. america.
    You figure it out... because I can't.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • PaperPlatesPaperPlates Posts: 1,745
    Cosmo wrote:
    I read a report on schools in Jordan and Egypt... fairly moderate Arabic nations, right? The kids were asked if they liked America and they said, Yeah... they did. They like Oprah and Michael Jordan.
    When asked what they thought about September 11, 2001... they said it was good for the Arab world. And when asked if they would join a world wide Jihad against America... they said they would.
    And... when asked which country they would want to live in other than their own... the great majority answered... you guessed it.. america.

if you were surrounded by nothing but sand and your women were forced to cover all skin, you'd go a little nuts too.
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • MasterFramerMasterFramer Posts: 2,268
    if you were surrounded by nothing but sand and your women were forced to cover all skin, you'd go a little nuts too.

bingo...
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446

-zing-
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
    Cosmo wrote:

What the flipping fuck? I know they're kids, but damn. Make up your minds.
  • spongersponger Posts: 3,160
    I suppose she is also circumcised, as it is still practiced in some muslim neighborhoods.
  • MrBrianMrBrian Posts: 2,673
    sponger wrote:
    I suppose she is also circumcised, as it is still practiced in some muslim neighborhoods.

It's a sick cultural thing and has nothing to do with Islam, I also want to add that female Circumcision was practiced in some neighborhoods right here in america not too long ago.
    The other thing those Martyrs need to consider... the 72 Virgins.
    I mean, yeah... it looks good on paper, right? But, come on... they're virgins... what to they know? They'll probably all complain about it hurting and shit... it's supposed to hurt a little... that just the way God... er, allah designed it. You get used to it and after a while, you even enjoy it.
    Still, 72 women bitching at you because they don't want to schlong in their cooters... and don't even think about them going down there. Even if you convince them to, there's a good possibility that they'll treat it like a chew toy or something... that's Heaven???
    Tell you what... give me a few slutty girls instead... and toss in a couple of 40 year old MILFs that really know what they're doing... and I'll strap on a fucking bomb and blow up shit.
    Anyway... if we can convinve them that these 72 virgins ain't cracked up as they are advertised to be... then maybe there will be a few less busses getting blowed up.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
    Cosmo wrote:
    The other thing those Martyrs need to consider... the 72 Virgins.
    I mean, yeah... it looks good on paper, right? But, come on... they're virgins... what to they know? They'll probably all complain about it hurting and shit... it's supposed to hurt a little... that just the way God... er, allah designed it. You get used to it and after a while, you even enjoy it.
    Still, 72 women bitching at you because they don't want to schlong in their cooters... and don't even think about them going down there. Even if you convince them to, there's a good possibility that they'll treat it like a chew toy or something... that's Heaven???
    Tell you what... give me a few slutty girls instead... and toss in a couple of 40 year old MILFs that really know what they're doing... and I'll strap on a fucking bomb and blow up shit.
    Anyway... if we can convinve them that these 72 virgins ain't cracked up as they are advertised to be... then maybe there will be a few less busses getting blowed up.

wait till they get there and find out it was a misprint. It's 72 Virginians! Eek!
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
    MrBrian wrote:
    It's a sick cultural thing and has nothing to do with Islam, I also want to add that female Circumcision was practiced in some neighborhoods right here in america not too long ago.

? Where? When? Who? ?
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    ? Where? When? Who? ?

In the US, it was a LEGAL medical procedure until 1996. Making it illegal doesn't stop it from happening.
  • Puck78Puck78 Posts: 737
    Cosmo wrote:
    1. where was it printed? fox news magazine?
    2. yes, generalize, generalize...
    www.amnesty.org
    www.amnesty.org.uk
    Puck78 wrote:

Cosmo doesn't usually just make shit up.
    Puck78 wrote:

Cosmo doesn't usually just make shit up.
    Puck78 wrote:
    Yeah... it was a bastion of Neo-Conservative propaganda know as the Los Angeles Times. It was a couple of years ago... gosh... I forget what time of year it was... but, it was definiately closer to when that asshole President of ours landed on that Aircraft Carrier and after that Cheney 'Last throes of the insurgency' thing.
    Sorry, I didn't keep the article and dumped it the recycler bin... I never thought I would have to produce it court a couple of years later.
    My bad.
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • MrBrianMrBrian Posts: 2,673
    Cosmo wrote:
    Yeah... it was a bastion of Neo-Conservative propaganda know as the Los Angeles Times. It was a couple of years ago... gosh... I forget what time of year it was... but, it was definiately closer to when that asshole President of ours landed on that Aircraft Carrier and after that Cheney 'Last throes of the insurgency' thing.
    Sorry, I didn't keep the article and dumped it the recycler bin... I never thought I would have to produce it court a couple of years later.
    My bad.

case dismissed!

serioulsy, I meet quite a few people from whatever countries down here in Orlando, some from the mid east, sometimes politics get talked about, most of the time they tell me how much they dislike ameircan policies and the government and it's history, but they like to holiday in the US, why? They say because "it's america!" Its big, its loud, so much to see, good shopping, good prices.

Then some people come here and don't like it, some arab women get taunted by guys here, a few cases of people getting beat up. These tourists tend to go back hating the US. so it varies.
  • spongersponger Posts: 3,160
    From the late 19th century until the 1950s, clitoridotomy and other more invasive procedures, including excision of the clitoris and infibulation were practiced in Western countries to control female sexuality, and were advocated in the United States by groups like the Orificial Surgery Society until 1925. Doctors advocating or performing these procedures claimed that girls of all ages would otherwise engage in more masturbation and be "polluted" by the activity, which was referred to as "self-abuse"[6].

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_genital_mutilation