Yay retarded lawsuits! "Tag" banned in school (yeah, the kids game)

truroutetruroute Posts: 251
edited October 2006 in A Moving Train
http://cbs4boston.com/local/local_story_290105157.html

Gotta love taking preventative measures against kids falling down.

Also, what parent in thier right mind would sue a school because thier kid fell down during a game of tag?

God forbid they play wall-ball.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    Kid should be in homeschool. Then the mother can sue herself when he fails.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • hippiemomhippiemom Posts: 3,326
    I really feel sorry for kids today, there are too many people around who won't let them be kids.

The article mentions a suburban Charleston school that banned all unsupervised contact sports. WTF?! Weren't these people ever kids themselves? Kids don't want to play supervised sports, with a bunch of adults hanging around enforcing their rules. Kids want to make up their own rules.

Teacher, leave those kids alone!
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    All children should have a sticker affixed to them saying:

"Living can be dangerous to your health."

Fuckin' lawyers!
  • truroute wrote:
    http://cbs4boston.com/local/local_story_290105157.html

Gotta love taking preventative measures against kids falling down.

Also, what parent in thier right mind would sue a school because thier kid fell down during a game of tag?
    Nobody sued. There isn't a lawsuit mentioned in this article. The principal adopted this policy because of -- she said -- safety risks and the school's liability in case someone got hurt.

People always blame "retarded lawsuits" for stupid, lame-ass policies, but if you look really hard, there isn't a lawsuit at all. Lawsuits and trial lawyers get invoked like the Bogeyman either to scare people or to justify idiotic policies.

Please, someone, mention the McDonald's coffee case.
    "Things will just get better and better even though it
    doesn't feel that way right now. That's the hopeful
    idea . . . Hope didn't get much applause . . .
    Hope! Hope is the underdog!"

-- EV, Live at the Showbox
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    I'm just glad I got to play dodge ball a few times before they took it out, lol............Pretty sad, really.......let's take away all the games that make kids run and at the same time expect them to get more exercise in the fight against obesity.............What an ironic day we live in.
  • truroutetruroute Posts: 251
    Hope&Anger wrote:
    Nobody sued. There isn't a lawsuit mentioned in this article. The principal adopted this policy because of -- she said -- safety risks and the school's liability in case someone got hurt.

People always blame "retarded lawsuits" for stupid, lame-ass policies, but if you look really hard, there isn't a lawsuit at all. Lawsuits and trial lawyers get invoked like the Bogeyman either to scare people or to justify idiotic policies.

Please, someone, mention the McDonald's coffee case.

Read LIABILITY.

ie: possibility of lawsuit.
    ie: its happened before
    ie: money hungry parents and the lawyers that will feed them.
    Someone should make the principal fall down.

When I was a kid man, I loved hurting myself. It's awesome, I used to play all kinds of unsupervised sports, mainly hockey and it was killer. As soon as you add that supervision it's lame.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • truroute wrote:
    Read LIABILITY.

ie: possibility of lawsuit.
    ie: its happened before
    ie: money hungry parents and the lawyers that will feed them.
    Yeah, maybe it's happened before. Or maybe the principal just doesn't want the kids to play tag and blames the Bogeyman lawyers.

Oh, and liability? What that means is losing a lawsuit -- not the remote possibility that maybe some time in the future there's a possibility that I might lose a lawsuit.

"Money hungry parents and the lawyers that feed them" -- that comes straight out of propoganda bought and paid for by the insurance industry.
    "Things will just get better and better even though it
    doesn't feel that way right now. That's the hopeful
    idea . . . Hope didn't get much applause . . .
    Hope! Hope is the underdog!"

-- EV, Live at the Showbox
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    We played tackle football at recess all the time. It wasn't allowed, but we still did. I'm 15 now and every once in a while we play again! Nobody ever got hurt (other then cuts and bruises).
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • chopitdownchopitdown Posts: 2,222
    truroute wrote:

God forbid they play wall-ball.

the same parents who sue when someone gets injured on a slide in a park. Our society now says that if you get hurt you deserve something and if we protect kids enough they'll turn out perfect.

I've posted this before but read this http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=23347
    make sure the fortune that you seek...is the fortune that you need
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Dodgeball kicks ass. Period. Best sport in gym!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • chopitdownchopitdown Posts: 2,222
    Dodgeball kicks ass. Period. Best sport in gym!

damn right it is.
    make sure the fortune that you seek...is the fortune that you need
    I guess they never got a visit from the Don't Sue People Panda
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    PJPOWER wrote:
    let's take away all the games that make kids run and at the same time expect them to get more exercise in the fight against obesity.............What an ironic day we live in.
    :D
  • mwachsmanmwachsman Posts: 475
    Without Capture The Flag and Dodgeball I don't think I'd be the same person I am today. What a shame.
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
  • prismprism Posts: 2,440
    I suppose that a game of Smear the Queer is out of the question?
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • miller8966miller8966 Posts: 1,452
    mwachsman wrote:
    Without Capture The Flag and Dodgeball I don't think I'd be the same person I am today. What a shame.

i agree. Todays schools dont teach kids for the real world; which is that your going to get your ass kicked repeatedly, its up to you to get yourself up.
    America...the greatest Country in the world.
  • I loved dodgeball.
  • Wow...

Let's see...in 2nd grade, I fell playing a game on the monkey bars where two people hang face to face and try to pull the other down with their legs. I got the wind knocked out of me and lots of bruises...and my mom just laughed.

Again, screwing around on the slide, a kid slid into the back of me and I bit through my lip...my mom scolded me for screwing around.

God forbid a kid be a kid these days..
    Underneath this smile lies everything
    all my hopes, anger, pride and shame...