Any French here? Wanna shed some light onto this?

truroutetruroute Posts: 251
edited October 2006 in A Moving Train
Whats the story of this from someone that lives there?

http://www.upi.com/InternationalIntelligence/view.php?StoryID=20061013-083614-1432r

"Turf conscious bloggers in Paris' rundown, mostly Muslim, suburban immigrant housing estates rival in violent messages that threaten to beat senseless and even kill any intruder caught in "our ghetto." Almost every word is misspelled, in both argot slang and pidgin French. And these are not empty threats. An average of 14 policemen a day are injured in bloody clashes with jobless youngsters."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    These assholes riot almost every weekend, from what I understand ... Every night they burn cars and fight the cops.

Hey, anyone want to move to Pakistan and form a ghetto? We could break shit and stuff.
  • spongersponger Posts: 3,160
    Obviously, the muslims in france are tired of being kept down by the man.
  • AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    Sounds like the JLF, the Jewish Liberation Force/Front? in France.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Sounds like the JLF, the Jewish Liberation Force/Front? in France.

Sure ... And this sounds like another apologetic dismissal of bad behavior.
  • AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    Sure ... And this sounds like another apologetic dismissal of bad behavior.

No not really. I'm just trying to take the "muslim" out of it. It's obvious, every one of these groups has self-pity and ignore the other atrocities around them. It's just more violence in the name of some crap.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
    Ahnimus wrote:
    No not really. I'm just trying to take the "muslim" out of it. It's obvious, every one of these groups has self-pity and ignore the other atrocities around them. It's just more violence in the name of some crap.

Alright, fair enough.
  • PaperPlatesPaperPlates Posts: 1,745
    you don't really expect anyone to confess to being french do you? :p
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Puck78Puck78 Posts: 737
    Hey, anyone want to move to Pakistan and form a ghetto? We could break shit and stuff.
    your ignorance is shown also here: I guess you don't know that Pakistan was not a French colony, so that very few immigrants in France are from there...

Anyway, try to get some information about their condition of living, their rights on work, and so on. I'm not protecting their violence, but I'm neither taking side immediately like you do.
    www.amnesty.org
    www.amnesty.org.uk
  • KannKann Posts: 1,146
    truroute wrote:
    Whats the story of this from someone that lives there?

http://www.upi.com/InternationalIntelligence/view.php?StoryID=20061013-083614-1432r

"Turf conscious bloggers in Paris' rundown, mostly Muslim, suburban immigrant housing estates rival in violent messages that threaten to beat senseless and even kill any intruder caught in "our ghetto." Almost every word is misspelled, in both argot slang and pidgin French. And these are not empty threats. An average of 14 policemen a day are injured in bloody clashes with jobless youngsters."

Well first of all, I'm not sure where the author is from, but he's got some wrong facts written in here. The real problem in France right now is the presidential & national assembly (similar to congress) in may 2007. And since we have really big mouths here, well the campain has already started, and (I'm not proud to say this) the news in France is turning into a political battle.
    It's true some towns (or ghettos, though they really are whole towns) are really hard but it's a limited phenomenon in France. And the islamic part is just bs, the real problem is France's economic policy (25 % unemployment for youth under 25) and latent racism (several studies show people with arab sounding names will have more troubles finding a job).
    So this creates towns with a lot of young, angry people. Meanwhile, as any politician know, surfing on fear is the safest way to get elected so news are really bad now.
    The worst part of this is, these ghettos with a high percentage of arab/muslim communities really are unfortuned and it's a true problem (the unemployement first, drug traffic wich is really high between morroco and France) but our politicians deem it is better to use the islamist rioting fear for 6 months and get elected than to find a true solution to the problem.