Options

Gives me the willies... or I should say the georgies...

eddies grrleddies grrl Posts: 509
edited June 2006 in A Moving Train
So, my boss (a born and bred democrat) received this letter, via fax, from the president. of the united states. the potus.

"Dear William,

Protecting our Republican Majority in the U.S. House is one of my priorities this election year for a very important reason- every legislative victory you (?) & I have achieved during my tenure as President was first won on the floor of the House.

Today, I ask you to join me by supporting the National Republican Congressional Committee. The NRCC has a great record of winning elections, and their work and support will be critical to our(?) party's success in keeping our majority in the House of Representatives.

Thank you and God Bless America.

Sincerely,

George W. Bush"

EEEWWWW!! Gives me chills just typing it. I mean, my boss is a progressive scientist, leading researcher and proponent of stem cell research, and couldn't be less interested in anything this guy has to say. Needless to say, he declined the invitation. :D
Life is the riddle
Of which we're caught in the middle.
A couple of lucky ones
Tangled up in too much love
~cowboy junkies
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I am not sure I see what the big deal is. Politicians send these out all the time. It's how they raise money. I'm sure I will get one from a democratic here in Seattle. No big deal just throw it in the recycle bend, problem solved.
  • Options
    eddies grrleddies grrl Posts: 509
    I am not sure I see what the big deal is. Politicians send these out all the time. It's how they raise money. I'm sure I will get one from a democratic here in Seattle. No big deal just throw it in the recycle bend, problem solved.

it's not a "problem", i just thought it was funny. they obviously have no clue who they're mailing this shit to.

thanks for your advice, tho. :rolleyes:
    Life is the riddle
    Of which we're caught in the middle.
    A couple of lucky ones
    Tangled up in too much love
    ~cowboy junkies
  • Options
    floyd1975floyd1975 Posts: 1,350
    it's not a "problem", i just thought it was funny. they obviously have no clue who they're mailing this shit to.

thanks for your advice, tho. :rolleyes:

I wish all fundraising lists were perfect.
  • Options
    AstroFanAstroFan Posts: 193
    I once sent a letter to a congresswoman telling her I opposed something that she was supporting, and I got a letter back that said she was happy that I was supporting her....