An Eye For An Eye

my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
edited July 2006 in A Moving Train
Leaves The Whole World Blind ~~ M. Gandhi
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• angelicaangelica Posts: 6,053
    Hence the blindness of the world! (er wait, was that redundant??)
    "The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." ~ Niels Bohr

http://www.myspace.com/illuminatta

Rhinocerous Surprise '08!!!
  • chopitdownchopitdown Posts: 2,222
    my2hands wrote:
    Leaves The Whole World Blind ~~ M. Gandhi

Love is blindness
    I dont want to see
    Wont you wrap the night
    Around me
    Take my heart
    Love is blindness
    make sure the fortune that you seek...is the fortune that you need
  • HoonHoon Posts: 175
    "Generations to come will scarce believe that such a one as [Gandhi] ever in flesh and blood walked upon this earth."
    ~Albert Einstein

"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding." ~~~Albert Einstein~~~
    ~this is why:"they did it for no reason" doesn't cut it~

Too bad he didn't accept the job offer in Israel.

Forget his math, this guys philosophy on humans is what people should check out. As he says, not every thing can be counted, but not everything counted counts.

He once said, "I believe Gandhi's views were the most enlightened of all the political men of our time. We should strive to do things in his spirit: not to use violence for fighting for our cause, but by non-participation of anything you believe is evil."

http://streams.gandhiserve.org/einstein.html

Gandhi's letter to Einstein - Source: Collected Works of Mahatma Gandhi, vol. 54
    LONDON, October 18, 1931

DEAR FRIEND,
    I was delighted to have your beautiful letter sent through Sundaram. It is a great consolation to me that the work I am doing finds favour in your sight. I do indeed wish that we could meet face to face and that too in India at my Ashram.

Yours sincerely,
    M. K. GANDHI
    If you keep yourself as the final arbiter you will be less susceptible to infection from cultural illusion.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    where does the perpetuation of violence end? when there are no more victims, or no more victors?