N. Korea Threatens Attacks on U.S.

Comments

• Will1659Will1659 Posts: 51
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    sounds like somebody is crying for attention.
    I agree. Even the Iranians, crazy as they are, would be pretty much content to simply be left alone, I think. North Korea, on the other hand, seems to get even more petulant like this when they are ignored.
  • rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    Byrnzie wrote:
    At last, a sane comment amongst all this hysterical, typically American bullshit. I think most of you mugs need to re-read the above article. It reads....

North Korea would respond to a pre-emptive U.S. military attack with an "annihilating strike and a nuclear war," the state-run media said Monday

Did you catch that? "...would respond to a pre-emptive U.S. military attack.." Right then, let's reassess this situation: The U.S is planning an illegal, pre-emptive military attack against a sovereign nation. So who's the threat? Who are the terrorists here? Why are so many Americans so gullible and war hungry? And why does the American media find it so easy to whip up war fever among the population?

I am not even an American, yet I still stand by my earlier intimation that countries threatening nuclear war is a bad thing. You're cool with it? Power to you, be oblivious. Was there some sort of pronouncement from Bush that I missed? The invasion of North Korea starts tomorrow? No? Then shut the fuck up or else say something that isn't based on prejudical overgeneralizations and hearsay.
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    I am not even an American, yet I still stand by my earlier intimation that countries threatening nuclear war is a bad thing. You're cool with it? Power to you, be oblivious. Was there some sort of pronouncement from Bush that I missed? The invasion of North Korea starts tomorrow? No? Then shut the fuck up or else say something that isn't based on prejudical overgeneralizations and hearsay.

So the U.S hasn't threatened Iran or North Korea then? Yes they have. And what do those threats entail? Nuclear war. If your gonna attack a country that has nuclear weapons then you will attack them using nuclear weapons. I suppose your one of the mugs who believed Iraq was a threat to the security of America?
    Again the above article reads "...would respond to a pre-emptive military attack". Where do you think that sentiment arose? From out of a vaccuum? I suggest you think before spouting shit.
    Will1659 wrote:
    I agree. Even the Iranians, crazy as they are, would be pretty much content to simply be left alone, I think. North Korea, on the other hand, seems to get even more petulant like this when they are ignored.

Doesn't sound like they're being ignored to me:

Monday's report accused Washington of escalating military pressure on the country with war exercises, a massive arms buildup and aerial espionage by basing new spy planes in South Korea.
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Doesn't sound like they're being ignored to me:

Monday's report accused Washington of escalating military pressure on the country with war exercises, a massive arms buildup and aerial espionage by basing new spy planes in South Korea.
    Dude that was a report from the North Korean state-controlled press. Now I'm not saying our American media is always great, but if you're taking what the North Koreans say at face value, you're out of your mind.
    Will1659 wrote:
    Dude that was a report from the North Korean state-controlled press. Now I'm not saying our American media is always great, but if you're taking what the North Koreans say at face value, you're out of your mind.

I'm not taking anything at face value. I'm commenting on the above article. I treat all news media with the same critical faculty. You don't think the U.S state controls the press? Read 'Manufacturing consent' Noam Chomsky. The most advanced propaganda system in the world is the American propaganda system. Propaganda is to a democracy what violence is to a dictatorship.
  • bigpermbigperm Posts: 46
    Byrnzie wrote:
    So the U.S hasn't threatened Iran or North Korea then? Yes they have. And what do those threats entail? Nuclear war. If your gonna attack a country that has nuclear weapons then you will attack them using nuclear weapons. I suppose your one of the mugs who believed Iraq was a threat to the security of America?
    Again the above article reads "...would respond to a pre-emptive military attack". Where do you think that sentiment arose? From out of a vaccuum? I suggest you think before spouting shit.

I think you're assuming too much here. I highly doubt that the US would attack NK with nuclear weapons just because they have nuclear weapons. That makes no sense at all. I'm sure the pre-emptive strike would be us bombing their nuclear facilities, and that does not require a nuclear strike.

Clearly, NK does not want to peacefully talk about stopping their nuclear program. So, how else are we going to stop them? It could come down to either NK having nukes or a preemptive strike. What else is there and which would you prefer?
    6-29-98 Chicago, 10-9-00 Chicago, 4-23-03 Champaign, 6-18-03 Chicago, 7-1-03 Bristow, 10-1-04 Reading, 10-11-04 DC, 9-30-05 Atlantic City, 5-30-06 DC, 6-17-08 VA Beach, 8-17-08 DC (Ed), 6-15-09 Baltimore (Ed), 5-13-10 Bristow, 10-29-13 Charlottesville, 4-18-16 Hampton
    bigperm wrote:
    I think you're assuming too much here. I highly doubt that the US would attack NK with nuclear weapons just because they have nuclear weapons. That makes no sense at all. I'm sure the pre-emptive strike would be us bombing their nuclear facilities, and that does not require a nuclear strike.

Clearly, NK does not want to peacefully talk about stopping their nuclear program. So, how else are we going to stop them? It could come down to either NK having nukes or a preemptive strike. What else is there and which would you prefer?

You stop them by not proliferating nuclear weapons yourself, and defying the nuclear test ban treaty. You can also begin by showing consistency and therefore stop vetoing any attempt made by the U.N to get Israel to reveal details of it's nuclear program.
    As for doubting that the US would attack NK with nuclear weapons just because they have nuclear weapons...read this article regarding the U.S and Iran...

http://www.newyorker.com/printables/fact/060417fa_fact
  • CommyCommy Posts: 4,984
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Propaganda is to a democracy what violence is to a dictatorship.

You said it man.
  • Byrnzie wrote:
    Propaganda is to a democracy what violence is to a dictatorship.

I love that quote, chompsky is a real mental savior.

Funny how this story comes out a couple days before the 4th
    and they named a missle after patriotism..
    Byrnzie wrote:
    You don't think the U.S state controls the press? Read 'Manufacturing consent' Noam Chomsky. The most advanced propaganda system in the world is the American propaganda system. Propaganda is to a democracy what violence is to a dictatorship.
    As I said, I do not have the media here up on some super-high pedestal. But they are worlds away from North Korea, where the media and government are essentially one and the same. Do you think stories about things such as NSA wiretapping and tracking of financial records, to name a couple, would ever get published over there? Do you think a president's personal indiscretions (i.e. Clinton) would ever see the light of day? Of course not. I could go on and on. American media isn't perfect, but you've got to have some perspective. Whatever undue influence our government or corporate world may have on the media, there is no comparison to the "print/don't print this or we'll kill you" environment of North Korea.
  • Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I take it your joking, right? You surely can't be that dumb?

Fuck you!
    I'll be back
    my2hands wrote:
    jesus h christ... american propaganda REALLY works :rolleyes:

repeat after me...NORTH KOREA IS NOT A THREAT...

we have 10,000 nuclear weapons, i think that qualifies US as a threat to the WORLD

Fuck you!
    I'll be back
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Yeah, whatever!

Ok jackass, what makes you say what ever? Just go ahead and sit there and think the dumb shit you think. "Blind to the world"
    I'll be back
    my2hands wrote:
    jesus h christ... american propaganda REALLY works :rolleyes:

repeat after me...NORTH KOREA IS NOT A THREAT...

we have 10,000 nuclear weapons, i think that qualifies US as a threat to the WORLD

Ok jackass # 2, what makes you say that?
    I'll be back
    JD Sal wrote:
    North Korea is a major threat to their neighboring countires, but how are they a direct threat to the US? A nuclear bomb isn't going to get here, well, unless 5,000 North Koreans pick up a bomb and throw it as us.

Iran hates us and wants to kill us too. For 25 years, they have been shouting "Death to America" every Friday after prayers :rolleyes:

How do you know a missle or whatever can get here????? Thats a very dumb thing to say. I hope you are right. They could prove you wrong????????
    I'll be back
  • Fuck you!

I see you are going with the EV Fuck em' policy. Nice ;0)
    Sorry about saying fuck you but dont be so fucking blind, open your eyes and ears.
    I'll be back
  • Sorry about saying fuck you but dont be so fucking blind, open your eyes and ears.

That's how Ed probably feels. That's how I feel too.
    That's how Ed probably feels. That's how I feel too.

Thank you. I dont like war but if your going to pick a fight then pick a fight with a real threat to the world and life in general.
    I'll be back
    Thank you. I dont like war but if your going to pick a fight then pick a fight with a real threat to the world and life in general.

I am. I am constantly venting spleen against my corrupt government of liars and murderers, aswell as the U.S government, who are the biggest threat to peace on this earth today. People's memories are too short. Remember....our governments lied to us about Iraq having weapons of mass destruction and being a threat to us. It was merely a way of illegally seizing their natural resources. When your government told you that Nicaragua was a threat to America did you believe them? Are you aware of the fact that America is the only country to have ever been accused of state terrorism by the U.N security council and the world court. Typically, the U.S government chose not recocgnise the authority of the world court or the U.N and so vetoed their resolution, just as they have singularly vetoed every single U.N resolution over the past 35 years condemning Israel. I could go on, and on, and on, but I'm bored already. Suffice it to say: do your fucking homework! ;) No offence!
  • LBC1076LBC1076 Posts: 224

In that case, our troops should be safe at home training and relaxing, because Iraq and North Korea are certainly not the threats they have been made out to be by the administration.

Ed was right about the GOP's base having blinders on.
  • So North Korea have the funds for nuclear weapons yet they can't feed their own people? They have also kidnapped many South Korean and Japanese citizens. I'll leave ya with some wisdom from Matt Damon from Team America....."Alec Baldwin".
    The wind is blowing cold
    Have we lost our way tonight?
    Have we lost our hope to sorrow?

Feels like were all alone
    Running further from what’s right
    And there are no more heroes to follow

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
  • PrlGrl23PrlGrl23 Posts: 22
    I think all of it's scary.
    People have become so trigger happy and pissed off in this world, you never know who's going to think you're looking at them wrong, talking about them, or watching them (not only in other countries and the government, but even in the streets!) It's crazy! I'm soooo sick of hearing other countries threaten us. Why don't we come up with a new strategy:
    Shut up! Sit down! and Mind your own damn business!
    and if that doesn't work, why don't we stop talking shit and show the world what we mean by "consequences"....
    I don't know, I guess that's just me.....UGH!!!!! Now I'm frustrated! I'm going to clean my house now!
    ~The ocean is full 'cause everyone's crying~

One great big festering neon distraction,
    Ive a suggestion to keep you all occupied.
    Learn to swim.

http://www.myspace.com/wrinkle_in_time
    http://s71.photobucket.com/albums/i159/prlgrl23/
    Byrnzie wrote:

You suppose a lot ... And your suppositions are inaccurate.
    LBC1076 wrote:
    In that case, our troops should be safe at home training and relaxing, because Iraq and North Korea are certainly not the threats they have been made out to be by the administration.

I can actually agree with this ... North Korea obviously hasn't been deemed a sufficient threat to deploy military force. Diplomacy has "worked" with North Korea for decades now, which is why anyone who thinks that the U.S. poses a nuclear threat to this country is simply being a conspiracy theorist. There is no way that country needs ICBMs, what they need is a new government that actually adheres to a few modern ideals.
  • mammasanmammasan Posts: 5,656
    I have a questions, didn't this missle crash some 30 seconds after take off into the Sea of Japan. Are we really to believe that a country who doesn't have the suffistication to create a missle that doesn't just crash after take off can really be a serious threat to our security. I am aware of Kim Jong's sabre rattling and the fact that the do have nuclear weapons but they don't have a viable delivery system. How many times can someone cry wolf before the public tires of it?
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
  • even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    In this world of made up stories to frighten people. Don't the missiles they are testing that are supposed to be long range, have to fly a "long range" to be reliable? I always find it amusing from both sides that they believe that they have these missiles which have never been fired or hit a target half way around the world. But are supposed to hit a target, almost dead on without having ever done such a thing before.

If I lived in the States I would be more worried about the crap leaking into the ground from the jokes in the silos then the new fear of N.Korea having a go at you. I would even fear those missiles on your home land taking off and landing on the continent before I would worry about a state like N.Korea having one hit the west coast.
    You've changed your place in this world!
    LBC1076 wrote:

Ed was right about the GOP's base having blinders on.

N. Korea is a threat. All of you will see........i hope not but you will.
    I'll be back
  • mammasanmammasan Posts: 5,656
    N. Korea is a threat. All of you will see........i hope not but you will.

I think that North Korea missle test was a better example of how little a threat they are, missle explodes 30 seconds after take off. They may have been able to weaponize there nuclear program but they do not have the ability to create a viable delivery system.
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul