Seven U.S. marines, sailor charged with murder

rightonduderightondude Posts: 745
edited June 2006 in A Moving Train
Oh my, could this be progress?

The U.S. Marine Corps have charged seven Marines and one sailor in the alleged murder of an Iraqi civilian in April.

"There is sufficient evidence at this point to charge all of them with premeditated murder," Lt.-Col. Darren Margolin told a news conference Wednesday at Camp Pendleton, Calif.

The eight men are also charged with kidnapping, conspiracy and providing false official statements

http://sympaticomsn.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20060621/marine_charges_060621

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• AbuskedtiAbuskedti Posts: 1,917
    here it comes..

I am sure many military folks have done some horrible things. thats what we get when we through human beings into a land where killing is an everyday event. Thats why war is bad.. this war is more bad as it was completely unnecessary.. sort of a luxury war for the US and England..

For this luxury there is so much pain suffering and loss that we need more people to blame.. We are somewhat tired of blaming those really responsible.. now we shall spread it out - next up - the people on the ground carrying out the wishes of those really responsible.

as, this is the next type of casualty...

Once we completely demonize the entire military population.. who will be next?
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    see this is why we need to get our troops home now
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• miller8966miller8966 Posts: 1,452
    how about blaming the insurgency for being such savages?
    America...the greatest Country in the world.
    miller8966 wrote:
    how but blaming bush for putting these kids through this huh. how bout the 2300 plus lives that have been lost of our follow americans how bout the iraqis that have died. how bout the billions of dollars that this great nation spent on this war based on lies.

• Eliot RosewaterEliot Rosewater Posts: 2,684
    miller8966 wrote:
    Savages? For fuck's sake, if I were an Iraqi I'd be part of the insurgency too. Most of us would. Goddamn....if any country illegally attacked and occupied us don't you fucking think we'd do similar things as the insurgency?
  • MrBrianMrBrian Posts: 2,673
    Savages? For fuck's sake, if I were an Iraqi I'd be part of the insurgency too. Most of us would. Goddamn....if any country illegally attacked and occupied us don't you fucking think we'd do similar things as the insurgency?

What the fuck are you talking about? If it's "their land" then why is our oil under it? huh?

We are not occupying anything but what is ours, how dare they take up arms against us! those Iraks! fuck em'!

support the troops! God bless America....
  • Purple HawkPurple Hawk Posts: 1,300
    how but blaming bush for putting these kids through this huh. how bout the 2300 plus lives that have been lost of our follow americans how bout the iraqis that have died. how bout the billions of dollars that this great nation spent on this war based on lies.

best post ever...not ONE original thought...

specifically speaking...what "lies" do you reference?
    And you ask me what I want this year
    And I try to make this kind and clear
    Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days
    Cuz I don't need boxes wrapped in strings
    And desire and love and empty things

advice: read a book....NOT one suggested by the ten club.
  • El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141

how about when bush said in a speech that an IAEA report said Iraq was 6 months away from a nuke and "I don't know what more evidence we need."...which the IAEA NEVER issued a report saying anything close to this...in fact their latest report stated there was NO evidence of them having a program or obtaining anything clandestinely....?

or rummy and his 'bullet-proof evidence' linking iraq w/ 9/11?
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
    and for this latest "liberal news lies" article about our soldiers, so what if these troops broke into an innocent mans home,tied him up then shot his face?

They are under lot's of stress, what would you do if people did'nt thank you for the candy you gave out? I'd shoot them faces too!

where were the wmd that bush said huh. wheres the connection between saddam and 9-11 that bush said huh tell me where.

where were the wmd that bush said huh. wheres the connection between saddam and 9-11 that bush said huh tell me where.

saddam paid terroists and had connections to al dean...errrr zarqawi....and if you don't think saddam had wmd's...you're as clueless as the idiots going to see the al gore movie.

I'll give you connections, saddam is brown and the guy's on the plane were brown...that's one.

2! the wmd's were shipped to syria that's why we need to invade them next.

happy?
    MrBrian wrote:
    I'll give you connections, saddam is brown and the guy's on the plane were brown...that's one.

2! the wmd's were shipped to syria that's why we need to invade them next.

happy?

you people are so freakin stupid.
    you're as clueless as the idiots going to see the al gore movie.
    roflmao...you cannot be serious.
    saddam paid terroists and had connections to al dean...errrr zarqawi....and if you don't think saddam had wmd's...you're as clueless as the idiots going to see the al gore movie.
    he probably did have them but where did they go then. and its been what 4years that this so called war on terror has been going on for. and i thought the war in iraq was over with in 03 when bush said on the navy ship that we won won the war

agreed, these al gore movie watching commy/canadian freaks!
    advice: read a book....NOT one suggested by the ten club.
    lol...I've read plenty. But I'll tell ya what, the ten club is honest and ethical and I admit that anything suggested by them or the band is gonna weigh a little more in my decision making than what you hear on Fox fucking news. My previous post has merit and you fucking know it, that's why your only response is to attack me. It's okay though, the good news for you is that God is forgiving and still loves his lost and ignorant children....

if you have time you can address the 2 examples i gave ;)
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd

THis is the post you say has merrit?
    MrBrian wrote:
    MrBrian, I'm too lazy to review your other posts, but I'm guessing there's no way in hell that you're serious......or am I wrong?
    THis is the post you say has merrit?
    Without question.
    El_Kabong wrote:
    if you have time you can address the 2 examples i gave ;)

if you have the time...can you provide evidence to the original question of lies? ;)
    MrBrian wrote:

I think it's commIE
  • saddam paid terroists and had connections to al dean...errrr zarqawi....and if you don't think saddam had wmd's...you're as clueless as the idiots going to see the al gore movie.

Go troll around some place else and stir up shit there. We already have a Miller anyways. Your posts only make the conservative viewpoint look bad.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
    I think it's commIE

I know so?

But you need to meet "commy"
    Go troll around some place else and stir up shit there. We already have a Miller anyways. Your posts only make the conservative viewpoint look bad.

I may not make it look good...but at least I'm bringing it up for discussion.
    if you have the time...can you provide evidence to the original question of lies? ;)

Bush: “I would like to remind you that when the inspectors first went into Iraq and were denied (1998), finally denied access, a report came out of the Atomic -the IAEA- that they were 6 months away from developing a weapon. I don’t know what more evidence we need.”
    http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2002/09/20020907-2.html

IAEA: “There’s never been a report like that from this agency.”
    if you search for Mark Gwozdecky(the IAEA chief spokesman) and bush and some keywords from bush's quote above you can find plenty of sites that list this. but here's the nuclear control institute's site and it has these quotes listed complete w/ references and websites for htem
    http://www.nci.org/02NCI/09/iraq-pr9302002.htm

IAEA's 1998 report: “Based on all credible information to date the IAEA has found no indication of Iraq having achieved a nuclear weapons program or of Iraq having retained a physical capability for the production of weapon-useable nuclear material or having clandestinely obtained such material.”

the IAEA 1998 report on Iraq is here, here is the link to the assessment. you can see it is the opposite of what bush said
    http://www.iaea.org/worldatom/Programmes/ActionTeam/nwp2.html#assess

Scott McClellan: "He's referring to 1991 there, in '91, there was a report saying that after the war they found out they were about six months away."

i'm sure you won't accept it but here's the best one i could find...all the links point to the washington times article which is no longer on their site

http://www.truthout.org/docs_02/10.01B.no.report.htm

The White House says Mr. Bush was referring to an earlier IAEA report. "He's referring to 1991 there," said Deputy Press Secretary Scott McClellan. "In '91, there was a report saying that after the war they found out they were about six months away."

Mr. Gwozdecky said no such report was ever issued by the IAEA in 1991. Many news agencies -- including The Washington Times -- reported Mr. Bush's Sept. 7 comments as referring to a 1998 IAEA report. The White House did not ask for a correction from The Times.

To clear up the confusion, Mr. McClellan cited two news articles from 1991 -- a July 16 story in the London Times by Michael Evans and a July 18 story in the New York Times by Paul Lewis. But neither article cites an IAEA report on Iraq's nuclear-weapons program or states that Saddam was only six months away from "developing a weapon" -- as claimed by Mr. Bush. The article by Mr. Evans says: "Jay Davis, an American expert working for the U.N. special commission charged with removing Iraq's nuclear capability, said Iraq was only six months away from the large-scale production of enriched uranium at two plants inspected by UN officials."

as for rummy's comment:

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/10/04/rumsfeld.iraq/index.html

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1002463146

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/269394_rumsfeld08.html?source=mypi

http://www.tompaine.com/articles/2006/05/08/my_meeting_with_rumsfeld.php
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • rightonduderightondude Posts: 745
    El_Kabong wrote:
    or rummy and his 'bullet-proof evidence' linking iraq w/ 9/11?

rumsy on the ropes:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHxahhqmyeg
  • RushlimboRushlimbo Posts: 832

Not Miller, he would provide comfort for the occupying soldiers. Blow jobs and brown eye from Miller for every iraqi soldier in his neighborhood.
    War is Peace
    Freedom is Slavery
    Ignorance is Strength