Options

Fear Mongering in the Media

mammasanmammasan Posts: 5,656
edited July 2006 in A Moving Train
I woke up this morning and turned on the Today show to find out the weather. I tune in as they start a segment titles "Can Hezbollah Hit Us". The whole time they are discussing if Hezbollah has the capability of a strike on the US. They start talking about how many Hezbollah supporters their are in this country and how easy it would be for them to execute an attack. Utter bullshit to cause the lemmings to run and hide.
"When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    Would you expect less from your news sources?

I don't think if N. Korea, Iraq, and the Hez put all their weapons into one missile it would make it half way across the ocean, better yet hit this continent.
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • Options
    El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    i think it's more to make the lemmings support another war instead of running and hiding
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • Options
    inmytreeinmytree Posts: 4,741
    mammasan wrote:
    I woke up this morning and turned on the Today show to find out the weather. I tune in as they start a segment titles "Can Hezbollah Hit Us". The whole time they are discussing if Hezbollah has the capability of a strike on the US. They start talking about how many Hezbollah supporters their are in this country and how easy it would be for them to execute an attack. Utter bullshit to cause the lemmings to run and hide.

I saw that segment too, what a crock of shit..."while the have NO evidence" they "MAY" attack us because we "don't know" what they have or their plans...

Did they also tie in Iran to the whole mess...? I thought I heard that when I was getting a cup of coffee...

the war drums are a beatin'....get ready...
  • Options
    inmytree wrote:
    I saw that segment too, what a crock of shit..."while the have NO evidence" they "MAY" attack us because we "don't know" what they have or their plans...

Did they also tie in Iran to the whole mess...? I thought I heard that when I was getting a cup of coffee...

the war drums are a beatin'....get ready...

I don't know if they mention Iran because I switched channels. I couldn't stand another second of that crap.
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
  • Options
    mammasan wrote:
    I don't know if they mention Iran because I switched channels. I couldn't stand another second of that crap.

"DOES HEZBOLLAH HAVE A SINGLE PERSON JET PACK CAPABLE OF MAKING TRANSCONTINENTAL FLIGHTS BENEATH RADAR??? COULD THE PILOT OF THE JET PACK CARRY A 500-POUND NUCLEAR WARHEAD AND DROP IT ON A MAJOR AMERICAN CITY???

DO CERTAIN HIGHLY-TRAINED HEZBOLLAH AGENTS HAVE THE POWER OF INVISIBILITY? IS THERE ONE STANDING BEHIND YOU RIGHT NOW???

HAS HEZBOLLAH INFILTRATED MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL??

IS YOUR SPOUSE OR CHILD A SPY FOR HEZBOLLAH???

ARE YOU A SPY FOR HEZBOLLAH???

THE ANSWER TO ALL THESE QUESTIONS COMING UP ON "FOX & FRIENDS", NEXT!!!!
    "Of course it hurts. You're getting fucked by an elephant."
  • Options
    MCGMCG Posts: 780
    ARE YOU A SPY FOR HEZBOLLAH???

THE ANSWER TO ALL THESE QUESTIONS COMING UP ON "FOX & FRIENDS", NEXT!!!!

Haha, quite humerous
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    yeah but it's the Today show. Really. Scaring housewives is ridiculously easy.

Ok, Turrorism, now lets make a casserole. The today show and every other network news morning show is absolute garbage. I mean other than Robin Roberts, they are pretty much a giant vacuous hole only capable of reading scripts.

Now, hezbollah has killed 241 marine peacekeepers back in 1983 and they are a group of angry asshole extremists, but really with Kim Jong Ill style technology even if they did manage to fanagle a nuke, I'm less than concerned, I don't lose sleep over it.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    IS YOUR SPOUSE OR CHILD A SPY FOR HEZBOLLAH???

I don't know my wife has been acting a bit militant lately.
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    mammasan wrote:

Paris Hilton - "That's Hot!"
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    mammasan wrote:

If she starts wearing burkas, be careful. Also, make sure to check her grocery list. If it looks like this, you might have a problem:

Milk

Bread

Weapons-grade uranium (suitcase-sized)

Lettuce

Garbage bags

Cereal
    "Of course it hurts. You're getting fucked by an elephant."
  • Options
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    Paris Hilton - "That's Hot!"

It is pretty hot untill she starts calling me infadel.