GOP candidate's call for labor camp

RushlimboRushlimbo Posts: 832
edited June 2006 in A Moving Train
Gotta love today's GOP !! You guys are asswads.

GOP candidate's call for labor camp rebuked
By JENNIFER TALHELM, Associated Press Writer
Fri Jun 23, 10:05 PM ET

A Republican gubernatorial candidate's call for creation of a forced labor camp for illegal immigrants drew rebukes Friday from two GOP lawmakers, who labeled it a low point in the immigration debate.

Don Goldwater, nephew of the late Sen. Barry Goldwater, caused an international stir this week when EFE, a national news agency of Spain, quoted him as saying he wanted to hold undocumented immigrants in camps to use them "as labor in the construction of a wall and to clean the areas of the Arizona desert that they're polluting."

The article described Goldwater's plan as a "concentration camp" for migrants.

Goldwater, a candidate for governor in Arizona, said in a statement Friday that his comments were taken out of context. He said he was calling for a work program for convicted nonviolent felons, similar to "tried and tested, effective and accepted practices" used by state and local jails.

But two Republicans, Arizona Sen. John McCain (news, bio, voting record) and Rep. Jim Kolbe (news, bio, voting record), called Goldwater's comments "deeply offensive" and asked state Republicans to reject his candidacy in the Sept. 12 primary.

"That Mr. Goldwater is either unaware of or indifferent to the loaded symbolism, injustice and un-Americanism of his 'plan' to address the many serious issues caused by illegal immigration reveals his flaws as a candidate and a stunning lack of respect for the basic values of a generous and decent society," McCain said in a statement.

Kolbe said that if the comments are true, Goldwater "has demonstrated his complete unworthiness for public office, and I am confident he will be soundly rejected by Republicans from the party of Barry Goldwater, who consistently demonstrated his compassion and respect for all people. This is a sad day in the national debate on immigration policy."

McCain and Kolbe favor a guest-worker program for illegal immigrants.

Goldwater made a similar comment at an April anti-immigration rally.

"Build us that wall — now!" Goldwater said, referring to a proposal to add 700 miles of fences along the U.S.-Mexico border. He promised then that if elected, he would put illegal immigrants in a tent city on the border and use their labor to build the wall.

Barry Goldwater, the former Arizona senator, was the Republican presidential nominee in 1964.
War is Peace
Freedom is Slavery
Ignorance is Strength
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• darkcrowdarkcrow Posts: 1,102
    why dont they jsut skip the labour camps and go straight to genocide??
  • moeaholicmoeaholic Posts: 536
    it's one person that suggested it. and here you are, claiming that the entire party is screaming for it.

who's the asswad?
    "PC Load Letter?! What the fuck does that mean?"
    ~Michael Bolton
  • DPrival78DPrival78 CT Posts: 2,259
    do these camps already exist?

http://www.apfn.org/apfn/camps1.htm
    i'm more a fan of popular bands.. like the bee-gees, pearl jam
  • chopitdownchopitdown Posts: 2,222
    Rushlimbo wrote:

But two Republicans, Arizona Sen. John McCain (news, bio, voting record) and Rep. Jim Kolbe (news, bio, voting record), called Goldwater's comments "deeply offensive" and asked state Republicans to reject his candidacy in the Sept. 12 primary.

".

Is the GOP full of asswads b/c they are asking for republicans to reject his candidacy? That's a terrible thing to say. Or is the whole party an asswad b/c of one stupid person speaking?
    make sure the fortune that you seek...is the fortune that you need
  • miller8966miller8966 Posts: 1,452
    lol@ rushlimbo
    Good spin job buddy
    America...the greatest Country in the world.
  • You do realize it was one person who suggested this, don't you? The GOP is the body that's REJECTED this bogus plan.
  • miller8966miller8966 Posts: 1,452
    You do realize it was one person who suggested this, don't you? The GOP is the body that's REJECTED this bogus plan.

OMG! The democrats lead by Howard Dean would have sanctioned this labor camp!

I can spin just like rush limbo
    America...the greatest Country in the world.
  • RushlimboRushlimbo Posts: 832
    miller8966 wrote:
    OMG! The democrats lead by Howard Dean would have sanctioned this labor camp!

I can spin just like rush limbo

LMAO ! Good one Miller. Tell us what it is like to have Dean's cock in your big fat ass. Perhaps he gives you a reach around every now and then just to keep you thinking he likes you for your hillbilly wit. Most of us know that he loves you best because he likes the way it foams out your nose when you give him blow jobs.
    War is Peace
    Freedom is Slavery
    Ignorance is Strength
  • kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,322
    Find me a country on this planet that doesn't in some way benefit from a forced labor camp and I'll determine that 1 + 1 + lemon meringue pie = jalapeno tortoise water.
  • MLC2006MLC2006 Posts: 861
    Rushlimbo wrote:

see, if you really knew anything you talk about, you'd know that half the republican party, including Bush, want amnesty for the illegals. so you are a Bush supporter, but hate the GOP, is that it? so you're going to make such a statement based on some article you found on ONE politician. you strike me as a fucking idiot.
    MLC2006 wrote:
    you strike me as a fucking idiot.

You strike me as a cock smoking right wing zealot. Maybe it is your repression of these sucking urges that make you hate homosexuals so much. Lighten up and lossen those cheeks.
    War is Peace
    Freedom is Slavery
    Ignorance is Strength
  • Rushlimbo wrote:
    You strike me as a cock smoking right wing zealot. Maybe it is your repression of these sucking urges that make you hate homosexuals so much. Lighten up and lossen those cheeks.

He made a valid point, you should try listening. Oh, and maybe responding to the part of the post that dealt directly with the topic at hand, it works a lot better than just insulting anyone who opposes you time after time...
    He made a valid point, you should try listening. Oh, and maybe responding to the part of the post that dealt directly with the topic at hand, it works a lot better than just insulting anyone who opposes you time after time...

Shove your advice up your piehole.
    War is Peace
    Freedom is Slavery
    Ignorance is Strength
  • OutOfBreathOutOfBreath Posts: 1,804
    It's refreshing and sortof confusing for an european that your right-wing nutters in the US actually on general endorse immigration. Then again you have a special history in that department. Over here, extreme right-wingers can't stop immigration fast enough, and cant paint spooky scenarios of muslims overrunning and out-fertilizing us in the next 100 years fast enough.

I'll give your republicans that at least. :) And, yes, republicans jumped all over their own guy here, so I'd say they were spot on really. A stupid statement is a stupid statement no matter partisan membership.

Peace
    Dan
    "YOU [humans] NEED TO BELIEVE IN THINGS THAT AREN'T TRUE. HOW ELSE CAN THEY BECOME?" - Death

"Every judgment teeters on the brink of error. To claim absolute knowledge is to become monstrous. Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty." - Frank Herbert, Dune, 1965