Daily Show love thread

2»

Comments

• blacknapkinsblacknapkins Posts: 2,176
    Okay so I watched this really interesting 9/11 conspiracy documentary today, which frankly bummed me out way too early in the morning. It contained lots of news footage, most of it from Fox News (which I never watch) but some from CNN (which I used to watch, but do not anymore.) Long story short ... I realized that in the time since 2001, I now get all of my news from NPR, BBC and the Daily Show. Personally, I think that makes me a fairly healthy individual. I don't want to jump off the roof quite so much any more. So, thanks, Jon. :)
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
  • eddies grrleddies grrl Posts: 509
    ... I now get all of my news from NPR, BBC and the Daily Show. Personally, I think that makes me a fairly healthy individual. I don't want to jump off the roof quite so much any more. So, thanks, Jon. :)

yep, me, too, pretty much exactly what you said. i also listen to air america, but not as much as when morning sedition was still on.

plus i read a few good mags, like utne and the nation. but the daily show actually gives me hope for the future. i mean, if we can still laugh, there's still hope! :)
    Life is the riddle
    Of which we're caught in the middle.
    A couple of lucky ones
    Tangled up in too much love
    ~cowboy junkies
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Jon does the best impressions of Bush and Cheney too, always a good laugh there.
  • Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    One of my all-time favorites:

"If Bill O'Reilly needs to have an enemy, needs to feel persecuted, you know what? Here's my Kwanzaa gift to him. Are you ready? All right. I'm your enemy. Make me your enemy. I, Jon Stewart, hate Christmas, Christians, Jews, morality, and I will not rest until every year families gather to spend December 25th together at Osama's homo-abortion-pot-and-commie-jizzporium."
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
    Jon on the Israeli elections:

"Perhaps the biggest surprise of the election was it was the lowest election voter turnout ever -- a dismal... 63.2%. That's the lowest turnout they've ever had. You know what, we shouldn't be bringing democracy to the Middle East -- they should be bringing it to us."
    Life is the riddle
    A couple of lucky ones
    ~cowboy junkies
    RACE: THE AFROSPANICINDIOASIANIZATION OF AMERICA

On Wednesday, The Daily Show will air a half-hour special, "Race: The Afrospanicindioasianization of America." Correspondents Rob Corddry, John Hodgman and Demetri Martin will join host Jon Stewart in examining -- and completely solving -- such contemporary racial problems like bigotry and illegal immigration. It's one episode you'll want to watch in a melting pot.
    Life is the riddle
    A couple of lucky ones
    ~cowboy junkies
    "At issue is the video game industry's rating system. Many feel that the M for Mature is too vague... not to mention that it's completely inaccurate in describing anyone who plays video games. They propose a 3-tiered system that would start with D for Dropout, then W for Wastoid and max out at CMB-Child in a Man's Body."
    Life is the riddle
    A couple of lucky ones
    ~cowboy junkies
  • VictoryGinVictoryGin Posts: 1,218
    I loved his comments last night about the minimum wage vote. Our government depresses me sometimes. Or many times.

Anyway, at least I have the Daily Show to make me laugh. I'll see you on my birthday, Jon! Can't wait. :)
    if you wanna be a friend of mine
    cross the river to the eastside
  • VictoryGin wrote:
    I loved his comments last night about the minimum wage vote. Our government depresses me sometimes. Or many times.

Anyway, at least I have the Daily Show to make me laugh. I'll see you on my birthday, Jon! Can't wait. :)

You lucky duck.

The story on the Congressional staffer softball league was hilarious and sad.
    "Of course it hurts. You're getting fucked by an elephant."
    to make them seem innocuous...

Rob Cordry, reporting from North Korea: Did you know that Kim's working on a neutron explosive that burns you from the inside out, leaving you a charred husk of flesh?

Jon: That's horrible.

Rob: It's called Long Phat Dik. Worst of all, Jon, when it blows up, it spreads a deadly chemical, Cream of Sum Yung Boy-

Jon: I'm sorry, Rob, but that's clearly not a real weapon-

Rob: I'm sorry, Jon, but are you here? Have you seen the factories where they erect the Long Phat Dik? NO, you haven't.
    Life is the riddle
    A couple of lucky ones
    ~cowboy junkies
  • VictoryGinVictoryGin Posts: 1,218
    You lucky duck.

The story on the Congressional staffer softball league was hilarious and sad.

Oh that was a good one too. I heart the Daily Show.

Samantha Bee's segment was also hilarious last night.
    if you wanna be a friend of mine
    cross the river to the eastside
  • VictoryGin wrote:
    Oh that was a good one too. I heart the Daily Show.

Samantha Bee's segment was also hilarious last night.

"There is no 'I' in 'team', but there are two 'I's in 'dickish'."
    "Of course it hurts. You're getting fucked by an elephant."
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    to make them seem innocuous...

Rob Cordry, reporting from North Korea: Did you know that Kim's working on a neutron explosive that burns you from the inside out, leaving you a charred husk of flesh?

Jon: That's horrible.

Rob: It's called Long Phat Dik. Worst of all, Jon, when it blows up, it spreads a deadly chemical, Cream of Sum Yung Boy-

Jon: I'm sorry, Rob, but that's clearly not a real weapon-

Rob: I'm sorry, Jon, but are you here? Have you seen the factories where they erect the Long Phat Dik? NO, you haven't.

now this is funny stuff right here...by the way, how the hell do you remeber all of that?
  • Boom The CatBoom The Cat Posts: 482
    I like stuff that boils real complicated stuff into simple stuff all us simple folk can understand.
    no matter where you go,
    there you are.

- brain of c
    my2hands wrote:
    now this is funny stuff right here...by the way, how the hell do you remeber all of that?

i cheat! :D

i replay the video on comedycentral.com and take notes. :p
    Life is the riddle
    A couple of lucky ones
    ~cowboy junkies
    if you missed lance armstrong last night, catch the repeat tonight! good interview.

tonight's (tuesday's) guest: helen thomas :cool:

tomorrow (wednesday) night: al gore
    Life is the riddle
    A couple of lucky ones
    ~cowboy junkies
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    if you missed lance armstrong last night, catch the repeat tonight! good interview.

tonight's (tuesday's) guest: helen thomas :cool:

tomorrow (wednesday) night: al gore

i didnt know your boy was on last night... i know you watched that one closely :p

i love helen thomas by the way... i wish i could adopt her as my third grandmother :)
  • El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    the 'he aint heavy, he's big brother' segment by samantha bee is hillarious
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • I think the band's due for an appearance on The Daily Show. An interview followed by a performance would be great. I know they don't usually have musical guests on the Daily Show, but the White Stripes did it, so why not Pearl Jam?

The best Daily Show segement ever was the alcohol abuse edition of Even Stevphens, where Stephen Colbert got Steve Carell drunk.

Classic.
    Once upon a time, there was a lovely little sausage called Baldrick, and it lived happily ever after. The End.