Options

Seven U.S. marines, sailor charged with murder

13»

Comments

• Options
    MrBrianMrBrian Posts: 2,673
    These are some other reasons for which im sure many join.

Honor
    Tradition
    Family Pressure
    Patriotism
    Desire to Lead and Ability to do so
    Travel
    Realization that you could use some discipline
    Change
    Boredom
    Interesting
    Brotherhood
    Sense of belonging
    Friends
    Wanting to do something "more"
    Fighting today so our kids won't have to tommorow

and the point is, if you join the US army for those reasons, you must be an idiot or just ignorant.

I mean boredom? Imagine how stupid a person must be to join the the united states army because they just have nothing else to do, or ummm just wanna see some cities, yeah know, travel.

Tradition? patriotism? friends? wtf?

desire to lead? coach a football team! so desperate for friends? how about "myspace"? I mean cmon' dude, you can't be serious.
  • Options
    moeaholicmoeaholic Posts: 536
    MrBrian wrote:
    and the point is, if you join the US army for those reasons, you must be an idiot or just ignorant.

I mean boredom? Imagine how stupid a person must be to join the the united states army because they just have nothing else to do, or ummm just wanna see some cities, yeah know, travel.

Tradition? patriotism? friends? wtf?

desire to lead? coach a football team! so desperate for friends? how about "myspace"? I mean cmon' dude, you can't be serious.

you're the one that can't be serious. your opinion on people that join the armed services is disgusting.
    "PC Load Letter?! What the fuck does that mean?"
    ~Michael Bolton
  • Options
    CollinCollin Posts: 4,932

Honor
    Tradition
    Family Pressure
    Patriotism
    Travel
    Change
    Boredom
    Interesting
    Brotherhood
    Sense of belonging
    Friends

That's a pity, they could be Oxfam volunteers. Much more honour in that, there's travel in it, discipline there too, lots of change, beats boredom, very very interesting, brotherhood most definitely, sense of belonging; check, friend, doing a whole lot more, instead of fighting today they are out there helping (often kids and people in awful situations because of war) so these kids have a tomorrow.

They are doing something constructive instead of destructive.
    America could have a whole army of volunteers (they could even be paid), funding billions of dollars on fighting poverty, famine etc.
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • Options
    rightonduderightondude Posts: 745

Honor
    Tradition
    Family Pressure
    Patriotism
    Travel
    Change
    Boredom
    Interesting
    Brotherhood
    Sense of belonging
    Friends

You know, the guys at "the top" giving the orders within the military all served, were all enlisted men, many are very educated both in military and world history. The leaders of tommorow's military are within the "grunts" of today. Not all are idiots. Not all are ignorant. Id bet not all agree with the president either. And not all see things like some of you. Implying or stating otherwise should piss everyone off.

What about dying for a shit cause and selling your soul to satan? :D
  • Options
    AbuskedtiAbuskedti Posts: 1,917

Honor
    Tradition
    Family Pressure
    Patriotism
    Travel
    Change
    Boredom
    Interesting
    Brotherhood
    Sense of belonging
    Friends

You know, the guys at "the top" giving the orders within the military all served, were all enlisted men, many are very educated both in military and world history. The leaders of tommorow's military are within the "grunts" of today. Not all are idiots. Not all are ignorant. Id bet not all agree with the president either. And not all see things like some of you. Implying or stating otherwise should piss everyone off.

there are many more....

They provide all training required to do the job
    promotion opportunities
    Medical Insurance
    Money for college
    very large list of interesting specialties
    Job security
  • Options
    rightonduderightondude Posts: 745
    don't forget wasting sand monkeys for cheap thrills...
  • Options
    none of those things matter much in your death bed. abu

money for college? sure tommy was given money for college paid for by the US army, but tommy died, he got killed invading a country.

Tommy is in hell now, but good thing he has medical insurance.
  • Options
    El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    Collin wrote:
    Let's keep this thread going, shall we. I believe Purple Hawk was about to address this.

maybe he's having computer problems...i mean he was on and replied to other threads but not this one and he was even on today just a few hours ago and still didn't reply :(

Last Activity: 06-23-2006 08:52 PM
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • Options
    El_Kabong wrote:
    maybe he's having computer problems...i mean he was on and replied to other threads but not this one and he was even on today just a few hours ago and still didn't reply :(

Last Activity: 06-23-2006 08:52 PM

bummer.
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • Options
    AbuskedtiAbuskedti Posts: 1,917
    Exponentially serving. Perpetually unnerving. Vehicle swerving.
    The adjectives they are all a-blurring.
    Freud walking the sidelines clipboard scoring the brain.
    Black magic painted traits. Makes me sane.

Hormones firing like a fifty foot Roman, yeah.
    Please don't make me explain. Don't matter anyway.

Phantom pain in my brain. It's all that's left of my leg.

Black and Red and Yellow and Black and Red and Yellow.

Heard you repeat a-what ya heard. Me knowing the truth I can not concur. Na-na.

Please don't make me explain. Doesn't matter anyway.
    Please don't make me explain.

Yo bro. Tell us what's happenin'. Um, I'm on the west, west side of, on the west coast.
    Give me a jingle, uh, when you get in from where the fuck you're at.

Yeah, hormones firing like a fifty foot Roman, yeah.
    Please don't make me explain. Doesn't fucking matter anyway.
    Hormones firing like a fifty foot Roman, yeah. Please don't make me explain.
  • Options
    MrBrian wrote:
    I can't speak for the posters on the board, but only for myself, you are correct, I would not serve in Iraq. why? Because i'm not an idiot.
    and yes I am better than they are, I don't kill or take part in the invasions of other countries, those are bad things.

We are the ones that allow all this to happen. We load the guns, it is our bombs and our chemical weapons. It's not the soldiers - it's the nation.
  • Options

Honor
    Tradition
    Family Pressure
    Patriotism
    Travel
    Change
    Boredom
    Interesting
    Brotherhood
    Sense of belonging
    Friends

Well said. Thanks! There are a few other very good reasons I could list but I won't. Everyone just remember they are people too and when you close your eyes they are still there. They are not only an occurance on CNN every other hour.
    Confucious Says: He who buries a man's wife alive, should not expect to sit at that man's dinner table without the subject coming up.
  • Options
    Well said. Thanks! There are a few other very good reasons I could list but I won't. Everyone just remember they are people too and when you close your eyes they are still there. They are not only an occurance on CNN every other hour.

why don't you want to list them?

I remember that they are people, but I also remember that they are people killing other people, innocent people.
  • Options
    miller8966 wrote:
    how about blaming the insurgency for being such savages?
    exactly.

That's why we need to kidnap and murder civilians.

It's plain as day.

And it turned out so well for those bloats who terrorized those villages in Vietnam.

Yet another striking similarity...

They're being charged with murder and i say great. Some soldiers over there feel like it's an open playing field for murdering any of the natives (as those gentlemen illustrate) and so do way too many people back here.

What if we were invaded and they started killing off all of us saying "Your government is greedy, selfish, zealotous, and incredibly corrupt so you are too"?

Wanting those men on trial doesn't show lack of support for our troops.. it shows respect for human rights.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Options
    I'm hearing a lot of static regarding the US military as a monolith. If you want to address it as such, I will too. We (as in those of us in the US) need the military no matter how much we (americans) want to bitch about it. We have been historically safer because of the military and we NEED protection now more than ever and in the future. For all others not in the US: It's our military, it's OUR tax dollars, it's existance is not subject to your approval. It's use is subject to internationa REVIEW but not control. I know you hate it but that's the way it is.
    Confucious Says: He who buries a man's wife alive, should not expect to sit at that man's dinner table without the subject coming up.
  • Options
    exactly.

That's why we need to kidnap and murder civilians.

It's plain as day.

And it turned out so well for those bloats who terrorized those villages in Vietnam.

Yet another striking similarity...

They're being charged with murder and i say great. Some soldiers over there feel like it's an open playing field for murdering any of the natives (as those gentlemen illustrate) and so do way too many people back here.

What if we were invaded and they started killing off all of us saying "Your government is greedy, selfish, zealotous, and incredibly corrupt so you are too"?

Wanting those men on trial doesn't show lack of support for our troops.. it shows respect for human rights.

Great post.
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední