Daily Show love thread

eddies grrleddies grrl Posts: 509
edited June 2006 in A Moving Train
this show is so f*cking hilarious, and so often more TRUTHFUL than the "real" news, i think i need to start a thread just for the daily quotes that crack me up. here's a good one... feel free to add your own!

Jon on Dick Cheney's "tour rider":

"Here's the detail I found most interesting: 'All Televisions must be turned to FOX News.' Wow! Because God forbid he walks into a hotel room and the TV's on another channel and he finds out what a s**tty job he's been doing..."

"i suppose it's like a rider for rock stars, though i assume with less condoms and more.... defibrulators."
Life is the riddle
Of which we're caught in the middle.
A couple of lucky ones
Tangled up in too much love
~cowboy junkies
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• eddies grrleddies grrl Posts: 509
    Jon on Bush's recent meeting in India:
    "Bush signed a landmark nuclear cooperation agreement with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh. The deal: our scientists will help India build nuclear reactors if they get their children to stop crushing us in spelling bees."
    Life is the riddle
    A couple of lucky ones
    ~cowboy junkies
    Jon on deficit spending:

“Good news today out of Washington -- they haven’t paid down the debt or come up with any program to do so. What they did is raise the limit of debt we can go to, to $9 trillion. It sends a great message to the kids: ‘Hey, are you getting an F? Don’t study harder. Just make the grading curve go out to K! Then your F looks like a C!’”
    Life is the riddle
    A couple of lucky ones
    ~cowboy junkies
  • rktscirktsci Posts: 19
    The best part of this show is that Stewart has on Republican guests all the time, and when he does it is by far the most honest exchange of two differing viewpoints on television. None of the screaming talking heads bullshit you find on every other station.
    Jon on international politics:
    "Recently, the highest court in South Africa handed down a decision ordering the country’s parliament to extend marriage rights to all gay couples. So just to reiterate, American is now less progressive than South Africa."
    Life is the riddle
    A couple of lucky ones
    ~cowboy junkies
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    testing testing 123...

houston, we are rwdy for lift off ;)

great thread for a great show!
    my2hands wrote:
    houston, we are rwdy for lift off ;)

great thread for a great show!

ah! you caught that before i could edit that. :D i was having trouble posting in a different thread, but i think that was because it got locked down just as i was typing my response. weird.
    Life is the riddle
    A couple of lucky ones
    ~cowboy junkies
    i love when Lewis Black is on the show!
    my2hands wrote:
    i love when Lewis Black is on the show!

yeah, he's insane. i'd love to see him live. he kills me. did you ever hear his rant about bottled water?? i was in tears.
    Life is the riddle
    A couple of lucky ones
    ~cowboy junkies
    yeah, he's insane. i'd love to see him live. he kills me. did you ever hear his rant about bottled water?? i was in tears.

first i would like to say that they better do soemthing about all these newbies coming on this site and slowing this shot down to a crawl! JHC!

anyway, enough from me...

I would love to see him live as well *cough* hint *cough* ;) and i loved the rant about bottled water and soy milk (which i enjoy actually!)
  • El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141

i saw lewis black twice when he toured w/ dave atell, mitch hedberg and mike birbeglia.

lewis was freakin awesome! i saw them 2 nights in a row and lewis and mithc's sets were pretty much completely different both nights, the other 2 told literally all the same jokes, except dave atell told 1 he didn't the night before, but other than that those 2 were the exact same.

the daily show does rock, tho!
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    Jon on deficit spending:

“Good news today out of Washington -- they haven’t paid down the debt or come up with any program to do so. What they did is raise the limit of debt we can go to, to $9 trillion. It sends a great message to the kids: ‘Hey, are you getting an F? Don’t study harder. Just make the grading curve go out to K! Then your F looks like a C!’”

LOL!
    That's great. The Daily Show is def. one of the best shows on TV. It has been said that a lot of people get their news from his show. At first that seems a bit scary, but considering how horrible other new sources are anymore, it may be better than nothing.
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • AbuskedtiAbuskedti Posts: 1,917
    Stewart, Colbert, and Dave Chappelle... best reason to turn on the television since Seinfeld.
    Abuskedti wrote:
    Stewart, Colbert, and Dave Chappelle... best reason to turn on the television since Seinfeld.

i am still pissed about chappelle :(
    "b/c these days a debate between a conservative republican and a moderate republican is what passes for hearing from both sides"
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    my2hands wrote:
    i am still pissed about chappelle :(

they used to promote a new season coming up...but then it dropped and i haven't heard anything for a while now :(
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • yeah, he's insane. i'd love to see him live. he kills me. did you ever hear his rant about bottled water?? i was in tears.

His rant about there being a Starbucks on every corner, and how that's great for people with Alzheimer's was hilarious
    the 'hearing impaired' video in jon stewart's section is pretty good
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,322
    did anyone see Michael Brown on the Colbert Report? that shit was unreal! Colbert did a good job at allowing our former FEMA director to expose himself as the truly pathethic man he is. talk about a man completely uneasy with himself. but at least, unlike Bush, he seems to harbor some guilt.
  • an hour of tv i truly look forward to every day...well, expect for fridays...and saturdays & sundays...but every other day...yeah i look forward to it. pure hilarity! :D
  • intoodeepintoodeep Posts: 143
    Daily show pre-9/11

shows clip of bush at a national park, with just-appointed gail norton, giving a stumblin'-stutterin' (speech), and bush says, "...the cold war is over..."

Back to jon, and he goes, "And then the president jumped in his time machine and went back to no f* kin shit day and suprised everybody."

I laughed so hard.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

"As Putin rears his head and comes into the airspace of the United States of America, where do they go? It's Alaska....." - Gov Sarah Palin
    El_Kabong wrote:

i irritate all of my coworkers with my dialy dose of daily show videos! nothing alleviates tension at work like jon stewart causing me to laugh so hard i shoot beverages out of my nose.
    Life is the riddle
    A couple of lucky ones
    ~cowboy junkies
  • I think the Daily Show is just flat out amazing. Great work all the time, and in all actuality, I would love to have some of Jon's babies.

Have questions? You should.
    The poster formerly known as AeonFlux.
    ...in all actuality, I would love to have some of Jon's babies...

funny you should say that, i've volunteered my womb as well. no bites yet, tho... so to speak. :D
    Life is the riddle
    A couple of lucky ones
    ~cowboy junkies
    Great Interview last night!

Oh, thats last night for us old guys that go to bed early.. the night before for you night owls...
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Thanks for starting this thread eddie's grrl, I can't get enough of The Daily Show or the Colbert Report. I actually get a little bummed out on Friday when I realize I have to wait three days for a new episode! Lewis Black's HBO special Black on Broadway is one of the funniest standups ever and I love his bits on the Daily Show. I really like that new kid on there now too, the one that does Trendspotting, I think his name is Demetri. Good stuff!

And whoever that was offering to have Jon's babies better get in line!!!!!
  • funny you should say that, i've volunteered my womb as well. no bites yet, tho... so to speak. :D

I dont Jon but i know that Colbert is giving his away.

From the ColbertNation.com

On sales of his sperm: "The demand for Stephen Colbert's Formula 401 has been overwhelming, and I have to admit I am pooped. I had to make an unscheduled trip to Chinatown, and considering the amount of money I spent on rhino horn and tiger bone, I'm just about breaking even here. So? sorry, ladies, but I'm cutting you off. I've decided to make Stephen Colbert's Formula 401 a seasonal product. Like Mallomars." See you next midwinter, ladies!
    I dont Jon but i know that Colbert is giving his away.

From the ColbertNation.com

On sales of his sperm: "The demand for Stephen Colbert's Formula 401 has been overwhelming, and I have to admit I am pooped. I had to make an unscheduled trip to Chinatown, and considering the amount of money I spent on rhino horn and tiger bone, I'm just about breaking even here. So? sorry, ladies, but I'm cutting you off. I've decided to make Stephen Colbert's Formula 401 a seasonal product. Like Mallomars." See you next midwinter, ladies!

omg, that's funny. he's a goofball, but i like him, too. just not as much as jon. ;)
    Life is the riddle
    A couple of lucky ones
    ~cowboy junkies
  • Jon Stewart and his friends will save us all.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
    But his wish that his kids will have a better life.........