More writing...

alluneedisluv5alluneedisluv5 Posts: 15
edited September 2003 in Poetry, Prose, Music & Art
Alright...since I'm in the sharing mood...Here's something that I wrote spontaneously one day. I love to just sit down and see where the words take me....

The shy girl may sometimes appear like she is suffocating in the dark to those that do not understand. She has her own role and her own way of participating that those overly social beings do not comprehend. She sees life from a different perspective. It is true. She does sometimes watch the movie instead of playing a role in it. But somtimes it is those who carefully watch and study that gain insight into this world, this universe, and it's inhabitants. She may not know everyone at the party but it is ok with her. She is content with herself. More content, perhaps, than those who do not put their lips together as she does. Her lips are so beautiful. Those rose bud lips of hers give her the confidence she needs when she does decide to embrace another human being. She somehow kisses quietly and the men are amazed. They realize what they have been missing by always choosing the overconfident woman with an outer beauty. They soon realize that no soul has that much confidence in themselves. Their outgoing demeanor is nothing more than a way to cover up their own insecurities and their own fears. They begin to believe that maybe it isn't her lack of confidence that delays her speech but the confidence that she does have. She does not need her ideas and words to constantly be accepted by those around her in order for her to love herself and to embrace her mind with style. She used to want to be those people at the party. She is beginning to see though. She is beginning to become aware that she is a beautiful being with love and compassion for nearly everyone that she meets. She does not feel that she should be allowed to be judged and she never judges another. Everyone is their own....
"There's just one thing that I still believe and it's love..."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• That is excellent, i really enjoyed reading that. Thanks.
    'Fox hunting is barbaric, the people who do it are a bunch of snobby tories with stupid posh accents. Oh damn, i didn't say that - damn, what a giveaway...'
  • Thank you for reading it;)
  • Thats okay, i enjoyed it. Thought more people would have replied because its really good.
    'Fox hunting is barbaric, the people who do it are a bunch of snobby tories with stupid posh accents. Oh damn, i didn't say that - damn, what a giveaway...'
  • that is so good, i think a few of my friends would really love that-could i show them??
  • Sure, feel free to show anyone...
  • thank you very much, i know they'll love it....and i liked your other poetry on your other thread-really good stuff...
  • awww...thank you...it means a lot to finally be able to share my writing
  • coleencoleen Posts: 938
    i've never read a more thoughtful passage about the inner life of those that are shy. its really so very beautiful.

thank you for sharing it with us.
  • setaside2setaside2 Posts: 1,084
    LOVED it. I love internal prose, and that was a wondrous example.

I can see this girl chewing her pencil in math class, the answers to the universe behind her somewheres....

Thank you so much for sharing that...
    I'm stepping in front of the gushing hydrant in a hurricane. I'd like to see the traction I keep.
  • Thanks so much to everyone who has replied.