Silverchair

walkthamilewalkthamile Posts: 349
edited August 2007 in Other Music
Formally Nirvana in pyjamas...Now Savage garden in pyjamas.

Can't stand this band, they are a stinking pile of trash!
+--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour:Member #9-+--+
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mulva9mulva9 Posts: 417
    Well that's just like, your opinion...man.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638

would you like a hug?
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,275

so i guess since you know it all we'll just take you're word for it .....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208

awww, poor baby. you need a hug? did mom not hold you enough as a child?

formerly, nirvana with training wheels. currently, one of the most interesting and creative bands in the world. try listening to something besides their singles... unlike many bands, silverchair actually approaches their singles with some sense by trying to select songs that will go over with the masses. those masses would be sorely disappointed by the actual albums, just as you would be rather surprised by them.
  • lowlight10lowlight10 Posts: 619

you might listen to silverchair, but you cant HEAR silverchair.
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • Them-BonesThem-Bones Posts: 518
    I liked Silverchair when they were Nirvana in pajamas , but Young Modern made me sad, the last thing I need is another Coldplay.
    "If my thoughts, dreams, could be seen, they'd probably put my head, in a guillotine, but it's alright ma, it's life and life only."
  • awww, poor baby. you need a hug? did mom not hold you enough as a child?

formerly, nirvana with training wheels. currently, one of the most interesting and creative bands in the world. try listening to something besides their singles... unlike many bands, silverchair actually approaches their singles with some sense by trying to select songs that will go over with the masses. those masses would be sorely disappointed by the actual albums, just as you would be rather surprised by them.

OOOH Thanks for the hug offer. I needed that. I guess the truth hurts for all these people offering hugs.

By the way, you're living in a dream world! "...one of the most creative bands in the world...?" They are seriously FINISHED...look up 'try hards' in the dictionary and you will see one Daniel Johns...what a laughing stock.

A couple of flimsy beats and a high pitched wail, ala Coldplay, from Johns, does not fool me...this band is done! Seriously they are sooo bad.
  • lowlight10 wrote:
    you might listen to silverchair, but you cant HEAR silverchair.

No, you know what...I listen to Silverchair and I HEAR overproduced generic poofter rock! That's what I hear.
  • mulva9 wrote:

Yep, can I get a hug from you too?
  • so i guess since you know it all we'll just take you're word for it .....

No, I implore you to go and listen, don't take my word for it.
  • mulva9mulva9 Posts: 417
    Yep, can I get a hug from you too?

I'll pass on the hug.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    OOOH Thanks for the hug offer. I needed that. I guess the truth hurts for all these people offering hugs.

By the way, you're living in a dream world! "...one of the most creative bands in the world...?" They are seriously FINISHED...look up 'try hards' in the dictionary and you will see one Daniel Johns...what a laughing stock.

A couple of flimsy beats and a high pitched wail, ala Coldplay, from Johns, does not fool me...this band is done! Seriously they are sooo bad.

i have a stunning suggestion for you. dont listen if you loathe them so much. aside from straight lines, what song on that new album sounds anything remotely like coldplay, savage garden, or whatever other punching bag you like?

man, im glad i dont keep judging bands by their one single... id never have bought the new modest mouse and id have stopped listening to pearl jam 10 years ago like everyone else.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    nirvana in pyjamas. that was funny. :D

silverchair are one of those bands that i have no idea what their next album is gonna sound like cause they tend not to get stuck in a rut and daniel has such interesting compadres he sucks inspiration from.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • amitamit Posts: 73
    all i know is that they used to freakin rock!

now they've all gone soft....

This is just judging by the singles. So yah, I can't really judge without listening to the albums
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    You are right. Savage Garden is known for their epic rock songs aren't they? Straight Lines is a great first single. The video is shite, but the "Reflections of A Sound" video kicks ass.

Listen to "If You Keep Losing Sleep" and call them Savage Garden. Here's a tip man, had it been me just knowing songs like Betterman, Last Kiss, Jeremy, and Daughter I wouldn't bother posting on a Pearl Jam board. It's the way they perform live and the deep cuts on an album that suck you in. The same is true of Silverchair.
  • choisinchoisin Posts: 1
    I truly feel sorry for the guys, they should change their name. They shall forever be in the publics eye as post-grunge teenagers, when now they are climbing up the stepladders to an amalgamated attic of the beatles, talkingheads, eno and hollywood musicals.
  • mulva9 wrote:

Random "Dude" Quotes are always nice to see

i love silverchair they are one of my favorite bands

Neon Ballroom and Diorama are two of my faovrites albums
    "I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
  • Silverchair is really one of the few bands that totally changed, its like Spinal Tap in a way, you don't know what you going to get next! I love their first records, but after Neon Ballroom, it got too mellow for me. I saw them last year in NYC, and I was very disappointed, they only played two old songs, most of it was from Diorama and some material from the last CD! I wish they would go back to their roots, but I know that is not going to happen.
    "makes much more sense, to live in the present tense"
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Seeing them for the first time this sunday night as well as Powderfinger (who i know fucking rock the house, so i'll be happy no matter what the chair are like!). never really liked them until Diarama, but now appreciate all their albums individually....
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I'd like to know what @walkthamile thinks of Lightning Bolt. LOL. Just kind of digging through Silverchair's music. I dig it. Haven't gotten to the later stuff yet. But I kind of dug DJ's stuff in the Disassociatives. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,133
    I really love Young Modern. Their last one. Can’t beat Diorama in my opinion. I think that’s their best record. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,884
    Yeah Young Modern is my favourite. Dirorama is a close second. I also still dig their original…Frogstomp. Wish these guys would get it together but I’m fairly certain that ain’t happening. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
    why did they break up anyway? 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• ZodZod Posts: 10,071

Didn't Daniel Johns have mental health problems?

In regards to the band I quite liked their debut album and like the albums that followed enough.  Only got to see them play once at a music festival in '97.   I thought they were pretty good, but a bunch of riff raff were throwing shit like tapes at the stage.

I dunno.  That's a pretty killer album for 15 years old to write and tour behind.   They accomplished more at 15 than I have into my 40s thus far :)
    Zod said:

Didn't Daniel Johns have mental health problems?

In regards to the band I quite liked their debut album and like the albums that followed enough.  Only got to see them play once at a music festival in '97.   I thought they were pretty good, but a bunch of riff raff were throwing shit like tapes at the stage.

I dunno.  That's a pretty killer album for 15 years old to write and tour behind.   They accomplished more at 15 than I have into my 40s thus far :)
    he did, actually anorexia I think. I didn't know if that was the cause of the split or not. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• JT167846JT167846 Posts: 796
    Can't believe the talent of these guys. Yeah we'll make a couple of kickarse heavy rock albums while we have four pubes between us to blow people's minds, then come out with the most outlandish avant garde shit to blow our own minds. Like their stuff or not, that's seriously impressive. Wish I'd seen them live. 
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,884
    Think musically the issue was they were moving in different directions. Daniel has had his issues for sure and you’d have to think that played a part in the hiatus. Chris (bass) now runs successful restaurants in Sydney I think? Ben (drummer) has been on reality tv as recent as a year or two ago as his wife was on Housewives of Melbourne or something. I think he also was in another small band at some point?? Correct me if I’m wrong. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
    I saw them live in 99' at a festival and they absolutely played the best set of all bands on the bill, including the newly reformed Chili Peppers. 
    www.cluthelee.com
    Think musically the issue was they were moving in different directions. Daniel has had his issues for sure and you’d have to think that played a part in the hiatus. Chris (bass) now runs successful restaurants in Sydney I think? Ben (drummer) has been on reality tv as recent as a year or two ago as his wife was on Housewives of Melbourne or something. I think he also was in another small band at some point?? Correct me if I’m wrong. 
    Yeah, from what I can recall reading, he wasn't interested in going back and playing off their older records, but moving forward creatively. It's a minor miracle they convened to record Young Modern in my opinion. 
    www.cluthelee.com
    OK, so this is what daniel johns does now:

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD