Spiritualized

r1versr1vers Posts: 244
edited September 2008 in Other Music
Did anyone happen to see them on this tour? I saw them last night at the free show they had at the echo in LA, arguably the smallest venue I've ever been in and one of the greatest shows i've been to. Seriously. Arguably better than any PJ show I've been. It was painfully good.

The power of this band right now is really impressive on many levels. Being three feet from them didn't hurt, but I can assure you you won't be disappointed. Only a few shows left, but if you happen to have the chance just go.
"Last time I think we played that song here was like, a long time ago, and there was a bonfire in the back and people were like throwing each other into it...very exciting days but a huge fucking relief that that's not how it is tonight..." Ed Irvine Night 1 2003, after Deep
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,285
    I couldn't make the Echo show because I was doing San Diego Street Scene...

But then I knew that Spiritualized was playing Street Scene on Saturday night. They opened with a fabulous acapella "Amazing Grace" and it was on from there. Beautiful. Rocking. Fierce.

It's good to get Spiritualized.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • r1versr1vers Posts: 244
    Yeah i skipped out on street scene this year..but go to school at UCSD so a bunch of my friends went and said they were good on Saturday night. They did amazing grace on Friday night as well. It was powerful. The transition right after that from you lie you cheat into shine a light melted my face.
    "Last time I think we played that song here was like, a long time ago, and there was a bonfire in the back and people were like throwing each other into it...very exciting days but a huge fucking relief that that's not how it is tonight..." Ed Irvine Night 1 2003, after Deep
    I think that I had my eyes closed for half of "Shine A Light" and had I not been in a public place, I think I might have hit the floor. You know, sometimes you just "feel it" and they were making me feel it.

Melted your face, indeed.

FaceSpace
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    I Saw them last week at the Hollywood Bowl....they were so amazing......almost like a gospel show!

We skipped the Echo show cuz we didn't wanna have to get there hours and hours before the show.

We were at he SD Street Scene, but just got there in time to see The National & Devo.

It was a great concert week....Stereophonics on Tues, Nick Cave/Spiritualized on Weds, Devo/The National on Saturday, and MMJ last night. Time to get some rest!

FaceSpace
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    Hey, don’t know if anyone loves them but they are doing a reissue campaign for their first 4 LPs. Laser Guided Melodies came out last week (on white and black vinyl). And they announced Pure Phase for 6/11 on glow in the dark and black vinyl. 

Cut really well. Sound amazing. Pick these up if you love psychedelic shoegazey gospel blues. Best band and these are their best albums. 
  • Thanks for the heads up. Just orders the GITD Pure Phase 
  • mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,275
    I feel like i saw them open for Radiohead in 97 or 98?  
    edited April 2021
    probably. 

Shit, what a gig that was.

I mean, 2 bands that made the 2 best albums of 1997 on a bill playing those records. fuck.

• mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,275
    Just did a little recon.  It was April 5th 1998 at the Paramount in Seattle.  I was there for Radiohead and didn't know much about Spiritualized but I remember them being VERY good.  Side note,  Saw Jeff Ament at the show