Options

Explosions in the Sky

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,117
edited March 2008 in Other Music
Anyone else a fan?

How can a band mean so much to me and others without saying a word or a lyrical phrase?

Pretty sublime music. Beautiful songs
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    One of my favorite bands of this decade, loads of threads on here dedicated to them. Seeing them live in just a few weeks.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • Options
    rudiger10rudiger10 Posts: 129
    Quite an excellent band, along with Sigur Ros
    My god its been so long, never dreamed we'd return.
  • Options
    gleemonexgleemonex Posts: 848
    Really cool band indeed. I'm listening to How Strange, Innocence as I type this.
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • Options
    JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,257
    yeah, them, MOgwai, SR, Trail Of Dead, God Is An Astronaut....its all seriously good stuff.

turn it on when ur walkin round a rainy city and its sublime. takes ya somewhere else
  • Options
    Gave them a few listens.
    Found it kind of boring, to be honest.

Like Sonic Youth meets Future Sounds Of London, with less techno and more drugs.
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    hodgehodge Posts: 519
    best band i have discovered in the past year
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • Options
    i really like their stuff too. my favorite song of theirs in particular is "have you passed through this night?"

i'm going to NYC for the first time in april to visit some friends for a few days and i'm going to catch them twice, so i'm excited about that!!
  • Options
    i really like their stuff too. my favorite song of theirs in particular is "have you passed through this night?"

i'm going to NYC for the first time in april to visit some friends for a few days and i'm going to catch them twice, so i'm excited about that!!

haha ya i love the sample in that song i've been listening to it a lot recently

i saw them live in the summer at a festival, they were amazing
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • Options
    can someone name some songs that i could maybe check out that yah think are 100% banging spot on?

As i said, i tried to give them a chance earlier last year, and it failed to gain my interest.
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    the moon is down
  • Options
    I love these guys. Live, they are unbelievable. They are one of those bands that have the ability to make me weep. They truly are 100% emotionally attached to their music and it's so obvious when they're playing. It's a beautiful thing.
    can someone name some songs that i could maybe check out that yah think are 100% banging spot on?

As i said, i tried to give them a chance earlier last year, and it failed to gain my interest.

My personal favorites are:

First Breath After Coma
    Your Hand In Mine
    Remember Me As A Time Of Day

Edit: Another way to get into them might be just to watch the movie "friday night lights." If you find yourself liking the background music, go buy the soundtrack. It's all them. That's how I found out about them.
  • Options
    KannKann Posts: 1,146
    They're playing near my town in may, are their live show worth the 20 min ride?
  • Options
    nocode23nocode23 Posts: 411
    I get t see them in a little over two weeks. Can't wait!